[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He might just not be built the way McDavid and other stars are built in terms of being mentally strong. He just seems weak in that regard.

At this point he is not even at the bottom of the top tier players.

Man is hate to rag on individual players, but the whole idea here is to build a team that can regularly get into the playoffs, and then compete in the playoffs.

Something is missing with this group, and it starts with the lack of grit drive and intensity from the leaders. (Hughes aside)

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Umm Petey has been terrible the last 3 games. 

Points are great and all, but his defensive play has put him well put of selke discussion.

He was -4 in Boston and had 2nd lowest ice time.

He is still falling all over the place. 

Petey has only strung together maybe 4 weeks of good hockey this season. That's if you have enough hockey sense to watch the games and not focus only on his point totals.

On the plus side at least his aav will be lower!

Another pathetic puke Peteywhiner...

Go back to the Boston thread and my analysis of the goals... he was on ice for the Boston goals, but the responsibility for those goals was on other players not him.

Have you looked at his +/- lately?  If he is so poor defensively how come he's +13?

And if he's only played 4 weeks of good hockey, how come he's tied for 5th in NHL scoring?

Some people are just naturally stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

@Dom

i get it.

You think we suck.

I think we are great.

Now get off my fucking lawn. 

Well to me I don't think it's either. Canucks are a pretty good team but probably not as good as their record suggests. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, AussieCanuckinUK said:

and what has happened to Lindy.....still too early to really judge....?

I mean, to be fair he has been bounced around the lineup in his 3 games. Played RW w/Petey & Mik, played C w/Petey & Mik & now played C w/Miller & Boeser. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, AussieCanuckinUK said:

and what has happened to Lindy.....still too early to really judge....?

No because if he made an impact in the last 2 game people here would be saying how this was an amazing trade.

So it goes both ways. Feel free to judge 🙃

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Don’t get why Petey chased Raymond behind the net? And he should have been called with the jersey grab. But why so aggressive? And Quinn was hoping for a turnover and was thinking offence and lost his guy. 

Oh well on to Washington. Let’s hope they come out pissed off and dictate more than one period of play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Another pathetic puke Peteywhiner...

Go back to the Boston thread and my analysis of the goals... he was on ice for the Boston goals, but the responsibility for those goals was on other players not him.

Have you looked at his +/- lately?  If he is so poor defensively how come he's +13?

And if he's only played 4 weeks of good hockey, how come he's tied for 5th in NHL scoring?

Some people are just naturally stupid.

Lol OK there tough guy. Name calling because you disagree just shows how emotionally insecure you are and makes people think less of you.

I literally Said in my post that what's happening in the game is what matters, not just the stats. And you literally followed up with stats.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our backup continues to get us points you can’t ask for more than that.

Kinda surprised Demko didn’t get this game though. Usually you dress your best lineup in the first game.

Maybe he's under the weather.  Maybe due to a subpar outing last game.  

DeSmith gave them a chance to win.  Been a good backup for sure.  

• Cheers 1

It’s never a bad thing to eat a slice of humble pie from time to time.

Lindholm will need some time to gel. He is passive and opportunistic in the O-zone. I think he would be at his best with an ultra-aggressive f1 and a play-driving f2. I’d like to see him try to build some chemistry with Petey and Hog.

1 point is fine… just stay healthy in these last 30 games. 

I wasn’t on board with the Tanev speculations but after seeing Myers today… oh boy 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Obviously you are blind as well as being a pathetic puke Petey whiner.

Petey didn't lose the puck on the 3-3... it was shot into the Canucks zone and Hronek misplayed it allowing Detroit to turn it over.  Then went back to the point and was fired in.  Nothing to do with Pettersson.

And in the OT, he checked the Detroit player and he was out of the play... which means it was 2 on 2 for the rest of the players... and the Canucks should have covered their man... the fact it ended up as a breakaway is not on Pettersson.

So f*ck you and the rest of the pathetic puke Peteywhiners.

Are you actually crying over this? Lol

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

Detroit were 6-2-2 going into this game, scrapping for a playoff spot.  The incessant whining implying this should be a gimme game was rather puzzling (from the bot that posts 300 times)  Difference between first place and 8th isnt much in terms of talent - this isnt the 85 oilers where they could win at will when everyone just tried.  Thats a desperate team with some talented players on a roll playing at home.

I liked Hoggy on Petey's line.  Pete needs a guy like that to win board battles and go into the dirty areas.  I think what is holding back (and why it takes a lot for the coach to promte him) sometimes are his decisions.  Case in point today - takes that bad penalty early in the third - a needless penalty in the o zone that gives Detroit a goal and the momentum back.  Hes on the cusp of breaking out this season, hopefully he cleans up some of his mistakes.  

We need Soucy back.  Calms everyone down.

Great post and perspective. In this day and age of parity there are no gimme games. It goes to show how expectations are often unrealistic and a set up for unnecessary emotional toxicity and turmoil.

We need to be better prepared mentally and physically when we travel east. They all play a grittier, more physical game. We need to be more like that. Fortunately we have Tocchet at the helm to eventually get this right. They should be rewatching video of their NY roadtrip. 

We need spark guys like Hoggy to create that intensity, raise the energy level. He's adding more dimensions to his game. Just think about how good he'll be in his prime.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Lol OK there tough guy. Name calling because you disagree just shows how emotionally insecure you are and makes people think less of you.

I literally Said in my post that what's happening in the game is what matters, not just the stats. And you literally followed up with stats.

Yeah, make excuses for your lack of observation...  "...don't bother me with the facts... I already made my mind up."

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You could see the fire in Hughes eyes burning at the end of the game.

I expect him to come back on a mission tomorrow.

Yeah, he'll be rocking. It was the defenceman Walman up there but I'm not sure why he wasn't covering him. We seem to take lots of chances in OT and get burned quite often. Not overly surprised but glad playoffs don't have that format.

32 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Bummer we gave up a 2 goal lead, but having to play short handed for so much of the game makes it tough to find a rhythm.

Lol at everyone in here getting upset at us losing. It's been two games where we haven't been our best. Calm down

100%

Canucks lost for the first time since Nov 21, 2022, when holding a multi goal lead in the 3rd. 43 consecutive wins since then.

The worst they have looked all year and still getting points. Would rather them be rolling at the end of the year than right now...hump day period of the season.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well to me I don't think it's either. Canucks are a pretty good team but probably not as good as their record suggests. 

Yeah I don't think they suck, but I definitely don't think they are a top 5 team either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, he'll be rocking. It was the defenceman Walman up there but I'm not sure why he wasn't covering him. We seem to take lots of chances in OT and get burned quite often. Not overly surprised but glad playoffs don't have that format.

Meh, you gotta be aggressive in 3 on 3 sometimes. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t.

Pettersson losing the puck and falling down along the boards led to that play.

22 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I see the Petey whiners have shutup at least.

Game not exactly a shining example of Refereeing... how is Hughes catching up to the breakaway and pushing Walman down a penalty?

Otherwise a decent effort by the team...  Detroit is a good team... they will be in the top 25% of the league for a while.

On to the next game.

Ummm, he let his man go on a clear breakaway and two-hand cross checked him in the back as he went to shoot. Why wouldn't it be a penalty?

• Upvote 1