[PGT] Canucks at Wings - 02/10/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Yeah, make excuses for your lack of observation...  "...don't bother me with the facts... I already made my mind up."

News flash. No one cares about your observation of the Boston game. You're not right.

Wah wah wah keep crying. Get some thicker skin if you're going to post online.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dom said:

Yeah I don't think they suck, but I definitely don't think they are a top 5 team either. 

Absolutely agree. We had a pretty easy schedule to the first half. We are definitely a good team but Definitely inflated stats. I don’t see us beating a few teams in a 7 game series. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our backup continues to get us points you can’t ask for more than that.

Kinda surprised Demko didn’t get this game though. Usually you dress your best lineup in the first game.

I've said this all season. These points with our backup are key given the parity in the league and the few points separating top teams. They were even more important when we were thought to be a bubble team.

• Cheers 1

Brutal times for these back to backs, no wonder Petey is yawning.  The good news is Tocchet found chemistry with Petey's new line.  Garlands line will need to step up and be that second line we've had for most of the season to give Miller and Lindholm time to find chemistry. On the whole brutal reffing. Hoglander's penalty was a complete joke.  Lindholm needs to wake up from his coma. 

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ummm, he let his man go on a clear breakaway and two-hand cross checked him in the back as he went to shoot. Why wouldn't it be a penalty?

Petty has been god awful of late regardless of points. In fact he’s had many stretches this seasons and past where he’s been terrible defensively. 

Personally I’m not a fan of him. He’s a great player, but spews soiled arrogant brat. 

Edited by Kurtis
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Brutal times for these back to backs, no wonder Petey is yawning.  The good news is Tocchet found chemistry with Petey's new line.  Garlands line will need to step up and be that second line we've had for most of the season to give Miller and Lindholm time to find chemistry. On the whole brutal reffing. Hoglander's penalty was a complete joke.  Lindholm needs to wake up from his coma. 

Don't often get the interviews so quick. I's assuming Tocchet wants to get the boys any rest they can get. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Thought the same.  Less of a crosscheck, more of a shove from behind.  Isn't that allowed?

It's a judgement call but an easy one for me. First he cheats on the coverage, and for some reason totally loses his man for a clear cut breakaway. Then he catches up and cheats again by hitting him in the back to make up for his mistake. Easy call in my experience of hockey, and the right one. 

Of course if you look at it from the Canucks viewpoint then you can make a case that it was more of a nudge ... but he caused it himself. Called more times than not.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Only freaking Petey whiners can bitch and complain about a game where he got 3 points.

If you want to point fingers, then point at Myers and Hughes... they didn't have great games.

Petey had 3 points, was a +1, had FIVE hits and 2 blocks. What the fuck did everyone else do today?  The only other player who can match those stats is Hronek. 

And yes Hughes sucked balls today. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

News flash. No one cares about your observation of the Boston game. You're not right.

Wah wah wah keep crying. Get some thicker skin if you're going to post online.

Yes, continue with your bone headed Petey hate....  at the end of the season you'll be sucking up humiliation again when #40 proves you're wrong again.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our backup continues to get us points you can’t ask for more than that.

Kinda surprised Demko didn’t get this game though. Usually you dress your best lineup in the first game.

because it's a morning early afternoon game. goalies usually don't play 2 in a row unless there's 48 hrs in between games.

I also think we have to judge games in stretches and now that the pressure is increasing and are becoming more important we are watching how the team responds. So far, they haven’t responded well which is concerning. People saying they have won throughout the year and to calm down. I get that but the games are so much different now. I think the games down the stretch will tell us way more about this team than the games played earlier in the year. Right now they have failed so far with pressure. It is concerning. Do they have the players who handle pressure well? So far it doesn’t look good. I think they are starting to listen to headlines and are not working hard. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hes awesome at keeping even keel. I love his assessment especially his response to Ian's question. I agree

that the whole team stepped up and responded that absolute horse s h it call in the end that cost us the 

ot goal was just brutal.