[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He 100% tried to sell it. 

He literally missed the next 14 minutes including the 7 minute PP. He was not selling it.

Getting hit in the head by a 6’6 250lbs juggernaut would knock the wind out of anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Man watching the Zad hit was like Myers elbow as they can't help there are so tall and he wasn't going for the head.Even slowing it down seemed accidental.Looked more like head to head then anything else and the announcers even said that.

So why doesn't the other player get a game as he was just as responsible for head to head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Man watching the Zad hit was like Myers elbow as they can't help there are so tall and he wasn't going for the head.Even slowing it down seemed accidental.Looked more like head to head then anything else and the announcers even said that.

So why doesn't the other player get a game as he was just as responsible for head to head.

Cuz he fell on the ice like he got shot. If zad fell too ref would see it as incidental. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Dom said:

Zadorov gets 2 games, yet Dillon only gets 3 for absolutely destroying someone. What a joke

I called 1 game initially then revised prediction to just a fine ... wrong on both counts. This is excessive and if the standard, then use ad the benchmark... which the NHL will not do.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Zad is so big, Raymond is a lil squid. Lil squid shifts Zad follows thru with his huge body and head to head contact. 2 games was bit much, Toronto (NHL) discipline acted too fast because now they have to give Reilly 3 or more games for using his stick as a weapon in a non hockey play where Zad was in game on a guy trying to make a big hit that went wrong. 

let’s go NHL Toronto discipline committee :towel: lol joke

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Odd. said:

He literally missed the next 14 minutes including the 7 minute PP. He was not selling it.

Getting hit in the head by a 6’6 250lbs juggernaut would knock the wind out of anyone.

Concussion protocol 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

Can't keep letting the other team score first. We've been doing that alot lately. Get Mik off the top 6 and keep hogs up there with Petey instead. Must win game tomorrow imo. These early start times are also not helping. 

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Caps played today too and will have less rest.

No excuse to play the disadvantage card.

Plus travel for both teams. 

Caps playing well.  Gonna be a tough game. 

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Zadorov gets 2 games, yet Dillon only gets 3 for absolutely destroying someone. What a joke

At least he will be ready for the home game, which is Wings again.  Maybe he'll nail Raymond once more, but clean.   

Caps and Hawks next two.  

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

And I think he was.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And I think he was.

I wasn't watching the game but I noticed Raymond only played 4 minutes fewer than usual.  Too me, that sounds like 10 minutes in the concussion protocol and not much more.

• Vintage 1

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
6 hours ago, Gurn said:

2 games for Zads- now how many for Reilly's crosscheck to the head of the Sens player- after the Sen had scored?

None- cause -Leafs?

No matter who or what the circumstances are, in team sports athletes must be protected from headshots.

As a person who is suffering the effects of many serious concussions during my life time, the effects of CTE can be debilitating on several fronts.

Head aches, depression, anxiety memory loss and effects it has on other cognitive functions are not fun to say the least. 

While it can't be properly diagnosed until after death, an Autopsy, there is enough evidence out there to prove that blows to the head, and not just ones that cause concussions, fuck you up.

• Vintage 1