[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

14 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Wtf are you talking about...

You think he was trying to sell the call after getting pasted in the head...?  That's an embarrassing thing to hear from a Canucks fan.

Not trying to be that guy, but the entire hockey universe outside of Detroit is calling it embellishment. The kid acted like he got shot and was fine for the rest of the game. People are pretty upset about it being 5 and a game + a 2 game suspension. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Nah man don't embarrassment yourself here.  You're blaming the victim.  He got clipped in the head.  You can't fake getting hit in the head like that.  

Lol did u even watch the hit? 100% on Raymond to keep his head up and avoid being hit from a player straight at you

Zadorov should have been one game max in my opinion, but whatever. 
Time to reload and destroy the Caps this morning. Hopefully we start to see  some gelling going with Lindholm. That line of Miller, Boeser and Lindholm seemed almost non-existent yesterday. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

That's a game you have to win. Not as though the Wings were well structured. We didn't put enough effort out. Our shifts were all over the place. That is  on Rick.

This won't be popular but our goaltending has to be better then it was, though the team should have been aware of it.

Wasn't as bad as the Boston game where we got owned! Hated that.

Oh, on another note; The officiating it the Wings game was a joke.

There’s no such thing as a game you have to win. Detroit owned us the last 3years 

14 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

So you don't have to win a game 7 of a playoff series? 

It’s a regular season game it’s 1 of 82.. you can argue it’s a must win if it’s like game 75 or something and a loss will eliminate you from the playoff.. if that’s the case that’s a you problem for putting yourself in that spot. Is game 1 not as important as game 50 or 82? A win against the Detroit is worth more in the standing than a win earlier or later in the season? By that logic is everything not a must win then?

Edited by wai_lai416

Wild day in the NHL yesterday. I was only able to catch the 1st period as I was moving all day.

It's pretty crazy that Zadorov was suspended in the same day, and 2 games for a collision that came down to size difference (tried to hit through the body imo). Not sure about that.

Then you see Reilly crosschecks a guy in the face (and Jen Botterill of all people defending it!!). Very eventful. And i'm sure DOPS will find a way to let him off with just a fine.

Anyway hoping for a W today. Squash this skid at 2.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

LOL he played almost immediately after the hit and not only that, he tried to buy calls twice after his return. And was in there mixing it up, which doesn't really support anything serious. Victim? LOL...hockey comes with hits, just ask Garland about getting smashed around and hit high. Except he's a warrior.

If it was a serious hit to the head, he would've had to sit...concussion protocol. He was perfectly fine.

So no, it's not an embarrassment. What's an embarrassment is this suspension...but we're used to getting the book thrown at us.

Getting up after taking a bad hit doesn't make it a clean hit.

57 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Not trying to be that guy, but the entire hockey universe outside of Detroit is calling it embellishment. The kid acted like he got shot and was fine for the rest of the game. People are pretty upset about it being 5 and a game + a 2 game suspension. 

Where are you seeing that?  All I'm seeing is people suggesting 1-2 games everywhere.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’ve seen the same thing. Raymond just needs to decide going forward if he’s a supporting actor or leading man. The award is his regardless. 

56 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Lol did u even watch the hit? 100% on Raymond to keep his head up and avoid being hit from a player straight at you

It's never 100% on the guy who got hit and you know it.  You're just saying that right now because Zadorov was the one who got suspended.  Take off your homer glasses.

I'm not saying the league has a problem with young players putting themselves in dangerous/vulnerable positions.  They don't know how to brace themselves, especially against the boards.  But suggesting it's 100% the receiving player's fault is an extremely dumb thing to say.  Zadrov went for a hip check and missed.  When there is head contact, you have to get penalized for it.