[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

7 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Seems like Boeser has sort of mailed it in once he hit 30 goals.

He's always had injury issues (unable to remain healthy).  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that I think (just speculation) he's playing with an injury of some type.  I don't think it's a result of lack of effort.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But what we really want to know, is Bril's cat enjoying the game?

Yes,  she is beside me staring at the game. Where in intermission right now, so she is waiting! 

Oh oh, as I type this, she decided it is nap time!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The call on Myers was week.  Guess that's what both teams have to look forward to for the duration of this one, SO: We need to use our skill, regardless  

of how tired we are..

Well he bodychecked someone who didn’t have the puck. Prevented the player from going to it. Not sure what you would call that other than interference. All he had to do was skate. He chose to be lazy.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Maybe but it was interference and this is what Tochett was talking about when he says we just having been gifting them opportunities. Had Myers just skated and used his body we would have been out of the period. He takes a lazy penalty and he could cost us. He’s a veteran. Not sure what he was thinking. 

I do agree that Myers should've made a different play, but that play goes uncalled countless times a game. Only reason it was called was cause the Wash player went down super easy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Great 1st period by Juulsen.  Before our eyes he's developing into a Tanev-like dependable D-man who hits like Jovanovski

Agreed. His growth has been remarkable 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am still waiting for our top players to show up and show some pride. They just don’t seem to be working hard. Petey at least is skating.

You really think it's lack of pride and they don't care their careers, this season, the fans, or their teammates?

2 minutes ago, brilac said:

Yes,  she is beside me staring at the game. Where in intermission right now, so she is waiting! 

Oh oh, as I type this, she decided it is nap time!

Wake her back up, we need all the good karma we can scrounge up.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am still waiting for our top players to show up and show some pride. They just don’t seem to be working hard. Petey at least is skating.

Try picking up the Wahington feed. ... they are obviously watching in an alternate universe, heaping praise on Hughes, Pettersson and Miller 

• Haha 1

The thing with Myers is he has some good stretches and a few big plays but overall to inconsistent with simple plays. 
He’s very disruptive with plays like dumping a puck in over glass or getting walked etc. need someone consistent that does the little things 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The scary thing is, this is what the playoffs are going to look like and we need these high priced players to step up when needed. Its usually the big hearted players like Hogs and Garland who find ways to get it done though. Big hearted and big physical play is whats is going to get us far in the playoffs.

Just now, Googlie said:

Try picking up the Wahington feed. ... they are obviously watching in an alternate universe, heaping praise on Hughes, Pettersson and Miller 

I thought Hughes really struggled that period again. Fighting the puck. Everyone looks nervous right now. Happens I guess when everything is going in when you make a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Great 1st period by Juulsen.  Before our eyes he's developing into a Tanev-like dependable D-man who hits like Jovanovski

Anyone who watched Abby last season won't be surprised