[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

At least Myers is not on the PK

Myers is our best PKer 

He has the 2nd most PK mins play'd with the 2nd lowest high danger shots against per 60 shorthanded. 

Just now, NucksNation said:

Petey is so weak on his skates he’s going to get destroyed in the playoffs. I don’t care about the bubble. 

For most people here the Bubble was everything 🤪

1 minute ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Miller isn’t the one making demands . He took his deal and quietly has been our best play since being acquired 

What do you know about his demands? Miller will have been delighted to sign a deal taking him to 36...

• Like 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’s been pretty quiet these last four games. It’s a what have you done lately for me league. 

Dude it is 4 games. Every player goes through a slump at some point in the season.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Mikeyev sure has lost speed. It’s a big issue.

He used to be in the top 5 fastest skaters in the league until his injury.   The hope is that he'll regain that rocket speed again as his recovery continues which can take 18-24 months for that type of ACL repair.  That is the hope and likely why he's still here but in the short term, I would have stuck with a proven 40+ goal scorer/playmaker like KUZ instead - despite his shortfalls becaue MIK is dragging the EP40 line down and he hasn't scored in 20 games which IMO warrents at least a bump down the lineup.

But time will tell if the gamble to patiently wait for his full recovery in the next year or two was worth it.