[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

The Dillon hit bothered me. NA is going full speed up the boards with nowhere to go cause Carter makes a pick on Pionk while Dillon follows Harkins to the near side boards and sees there is nowhere for Acciari to cause the inside lane was taken. IMO Dillon was holding the Blue line and stepped up. Acciari should have been more aware of the space he didn’t have and maybe dump it in and prepare to absorb the hit. Instead he thinks he has the lane and is focused on Pionk rather than the brick wall of Dillon. He out himself in a vulnerable position. What’s Dillon supposed to do? Kindly step aside and give Acciari a free pass to the net? I don’t like seeing guys laying on the ice in pain after a big hit. The Z hit was IMO was a fair call and should not have been further penalized. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, GothamGhost said:

Have the Canucks ever had back to back early starts? 

They had back to back early games in mid December; Wild and the Blackhawks, and that 10am game in Columbus mid January.  

Rainy day; wife woke up only to give me shit and went right back to sleep; last night still lurking in corners of my cranium, like Rat Noses dripping bile in wee droplets of memories I'd rather forget.

1st coffee down; still raining; dump; second coffee is... HOT!

SHIT!  Burned my tongue; fuzzy tongue now; might slow my convo but NOT MY TYPING!

GO CANUCKS GO!  (But WAKE UP FIRST!)

SMACK TIME!  (In just a few very short hours).

ice-hockey-fight.gif

11 hours ago, Odd. said:

He literally missed the next 14 minutes including the 7 minute PP. He was not selling it.

Getting hit in the head by a 6’6 250lbs juggernaut would knock the wind out of anyone.

They have to "miss" as they get checked out. It's protocol.

If you get hit in the head it doesn't knock the wind out of you....that would be a hit to the torso.

But sure, he had a 14 minute injury....wow, what a recovery.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

we're used to getting the book thrown at us.

But now,

We have all the books!

17459523.gif

Let's see..

Where is that Bible?  (How to Win The Stanley Cup)

Page 1

In the beginning there was no NHL for God's Children, the Vancouver Canucks.

But God said, "Let there be light" and the Board of Governors had to allow The Chosen Ones to enter the Kingdom of Butt.

But the Butt Devil spun the Wheel of Future Player Acquisitions, God intervened and the Canucks won, but the Butt Devil had the BoG in his posse and they strung up The Wheel Spinner and made him shit out the Woeful Decision to Override God's wishes.

This did not go down well with God.  He said, "I'm gonna get that guy."  And Boom - Cancer!

Then God said, "Won't this long-winded old coo quit fucking typing?" (Yes, God can swear, I swear He can.)

But I dint (as they say in the Excited States of Murica) and then,

blow.gif

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A lot of negative comments about the Detroit game but I did not agree. Pretty decent game by the Canucks. Meyers got caught wide and the Hughes crosscheck was a weak call. Zad hit the guy high but that was split second and the player was leaning down into the play. 2 minutes OK but 2 games not warranted. Yes, I will be very interested in what the Laffer d-man gets. That was about as deliberate intent to injure that I have seen for awhile. The HNIC apologist couldn't wait for the whistle before they started justifying the hit. When I start agreeing with Hrudy and dissing KB3 you know there is a serious problem. He has to get 6 games minimum. 

Today's game against the Capitals should be interesting. Friedman and Juulson the 3rd pairing. I know I have been pumping Juulson's tires since early November but I stand by that assessment. I am starting to work the pump a tad more. I would like to see his game at 18 minutes of TOI on a regular basis. I think there is more upside. He needs more reps. He just past 100 NHL games and yet fans are comfortable in saying that is all there is. The way he was moving the puck yesterday says different. He doesn't have Meyers offensive upside yet. But his playin the d-zone is better than Meyers. That said both are doing well. IMHO Tocchet has to push Juulson a bit more.

The other standouts in the Detroit game was Joshua and Hogs. Hogs got his top 6 start which was more than warranted. He should start there again today. As much as I have liked Garland's game since RT came the real shining star has been Joshua. He is far more than a net front presence. His passing is very good and getting better. His boardwork, PK and net front is very good. While his TOI has climbed it could be even more. Have fans noticed that his FO is pretty decent? 

Go Canucks!!! 

That's a game you have to win. Not as though the Wings were well structured. We didn't put enough effort out. Our shifts were all over the place. That is  on Rick.

This won't be popular but our goaltending has to be better then it was, though the team should have been aware of it.

Wasn't as bad as the Boston game where we got owned! Hated that.

Oh, on another note; The officiating it the Wings game was a joke.

Edited by Rip The Mesh

33 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Two of my all-time favorites.  They both could really score and were super talented, intelligent and class acts.

I

VAN

HLINKA, KA-LINKA-LINKA

I

VAN

HLINKA, KA-LINKA-LINKA

C'mon, sing it with me:

I

VAN

HLINKA, KA-LINKA-LINKA

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

LOL he played almost immediately after the hit and not only that, he tried to buy calls twice after his return. And was in there mixing it up, which doesn't really support anything serious. Victim? LOL...hockey comes with hits, just ask Garland about getting smashed around and hit high. Except he's a warrior.

If it was a serious hit to the head, he would've had to sit...concussion protocol. He was perfectly fine.

So no, it's not an embarrassment. What's an embarrassment is this suspension...but we're used to getting the book thrown at us.

As soon as I saw the hit, I thought, "This guy's in the wrong league. He should be a pro soccer player, or playing beside McDiver on the Oinkers!" 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

As soon as I saw the hit, I thought, "This guy's in the wrong league. He should be a pro soccer player, or playing beside McDiver on the Oinkers!" 

And the way he looked for calls AFTER he came back? Pathetic. Dude, you already got bonus referring, don't push it.

Can't stand the guy based on yesterday alone. I get total d bag vibes.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

And the way he looked for calls AFTER he came back? Pathetic. Dude, you already got bonus referring, don't push it.

Can't stand the guy based on yesterday alone. 

Not a fan either. 

Serious head shots are a no-no. But that wasn't intentional, at all. 

Should've been a two minute minor and leave it at that, especially considering the acting job that weasel dick performed. 

• Cheers 1

So how many games does the leaf loser get for intentionally cross checking a player in the head… 

Zad should  appeal the guy he was hitting hit him in the head with his head. 
leagues a joke as long as buttman around. 

• Cheers 1