[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

those people dont know .

they talk like they know...

they dont know.

The problem is that we know Demko plays like this and sometimes the goals that go in are sub par to his standards but I have no doubts he is an amazing goalie. It was more the frustration of not seeing it from him lately. Glad he is on today because we are playing with at best two lines out there and no stars. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That wouldn't susprise me.  Everyone I see from the Big Smoke looks ill.

No kidding.  Even Nathan Mackinnon has looked really ordinary.  No points since the break.

• Cheers 3

A big key to the Lindholm trade was getting him in early so he has time to gel with the team.  Tocchet throwing him a ton of ice time helps too.  This is all part of the process. 

Couple of teams on a back to back going into a 3rd period here.. should be ugly. Hope we can grind something out.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Demko was a beast there, no stick, no care.

Miller's working his ass off, want his line to get the next.

That's the thing with Miller.  Even if he's not scoring you can see he's battling and getting engaged.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

There’s really no excuse for Petey to be so soft 7 years after being drafted. He could pack on another 15 lbs and still be considered light. He doesn’t play like a pre-injury Mikheyev with blitzing speed. He holds the puck to let plays develop but a gust of wind could blow him over. 6’2 176 lbs is egregious 

Just now, The Duke said:

A big key to the Lindholm trade was getting him in early so he has time to gel with the team.  Tocchet throwing him a ton of ice time helps too.  This is all part of the process. 

Couple of teams on a back to back going into a 3rd period here.. should be ugly. Hope we can grind something out.

That trade was great timing and proactive. Smart move instead of waiting for the deadline. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

That's the thing with Miller.  Even if he's not scoring you can see he's battling and getting engaged.

Mmmm he’s been ok. I wouldn’t say he’s been crazy battling out there. Some of the times in our zone have been a result of him not taking care of the puck and turning it over so he should be battling a lot harder.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Seriously....I'd be happy with a loser point at this stage, cause they don't look like they have it tonight....

At this rate we're going to loser point our way into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Seriously....I'd be happy with a loser point at this stage, cause they don't look like they have it tonight....

Wash payed even later than us yesterday and that was a hard game too against "The Rats".  I'm sure they are as tired - then some - than us!

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Mmmm he’s been ok. I wouldn’t say he’s been crazy battling out there. Some of the times in our zone have been a result of him not taking care of the puck so he should be battling a lot harder.

I think we're watching different games.