[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

A big key to the Lindholm trade was getting him in early so he has time to gel with the team.  Tocchet throwing him a ton of ice time helps too.  This is all part of the process. 

Couple of teams on a back to back going into a 3rd period here.. should be ugly. Hope we can grind something out.

Lindholm 7 for 8 in faceoffs.

Also remember Toch’s mantra….when things aren’t going your way make sure you take care of the details. They seem to be taking that lesson to heart.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well what does Miller have in those same games? He has not been good. I know I seem I am anti Miller but it’s because I know there is another level to his game and he just seems so out of it lately. People are so hard on Petey but does he have a natural goal scorer with him. Mikeyev and Suter. Don’t think so.

Petey has Suter and Hogs on his line, Mik is on the 4th. Suter is a grinder, but Hogs definitely has the hands and skills to be a help to Petey. And that line has produced in the the 2 games they've been together.

Something is off with Miller, Boes and Lindholm. I honestly think all our players who went to the ASG got sick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well what does Miller have in those same games? He has not been good. I know I seem I am anti Miller but it’s because I know there is another level to his game and he just seems so out of it lately. People are so hard on Petey but does he have a natural goal scorer with him. Mikeyev and Suter. Don’t think so.

Yep - Mik has somehow flown under the radar and hasn't scored in 20 games now (almost half the season!!!!) and he somehow escapes critism and being punted off Petey's line.    Glad to see Tock-It put Hogs and Suter on with him during that last goal.   they were flying out there.   

Just now, 4petesake said:

Lindholm 7 for 8 in faceoffs.

Also remember Toch’s mantra….when things aren’t going your way make sure you take care of the details. They seem to be taking that lesson to heart.

So he's Jay Beagle ? 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Again.

Petey has four points in the last two games...so far.

He is not playing at his best but damn, some folks are pretty hard on our great Alien. 

Miller 1 goal in his last four. 0 assists. He has had a permanent linemate in Boeser all year, which Petey hasn’t had, yet Petey is the issue. Give me a break.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well what does Miller have in those same games? He has not been good. I know I seem I am anti Miller but it’s because I know there is another level to his game and he just seems so out of it lately. People are so hard on Petey but does he have a natural goal scorer with him. Mikeyev and Suter. Don’t think so. Miller:  1 goal in his last four games including this one. No assists. Yet Petey who has four points is the one who is the problem. 

Probably because Miller cap hit is $8M while EP next contract is rumoured to be over $11M.  So with a big payday comes big expectations.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think I had two small strokes in the couple days prior and the emergency doc just pushed me through

Other than that, they don't know why......by all their tests (bp, blood work etc) I'm in good health

Been there done that still here. Life style sucks but sure was an eye opener.

• Like 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Miller 1 goal in his last four. 0 assists. He has had a permanent linemate in Boeser all year, which Petey hasn’t had, yet Petey is the issue. Give me a break.

You know my post was praising Petey, right?

But to your other point....Miller will be fine.

We need his everything-ness for the playoffs.

Grit, skill, passion, leader, centre, winger, pk, pp...type guy

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Again.

Petey has four points in the last two games...so far.

He is not playing at his best but damn, some folks are pretty hard on our great Alien. 

Yes and how many times did we see Kuzz benched after scoring. Points are great n all. Love points. But he's -5 in his last 10 games. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Probably because Miller cap hit is $8M while EP next contract is rumoured to be over $11M.  So with a big payday comes big expectations.

So because he’s not making as much, he can just take games off. Lol. That’s a great standard to live by.