[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think I had two small strokes in the couple days prior and the emergency doc just pushed me through

Other than that, they don't know why......by all their tests (bp, blood work etc) I'm in good health

Did you lose any movement?

Just now, TopChed said:

Yes and how many times did we see Kuzz benched after scoring. Points are great n all. Love points. But he's -5 in his last 10 games. 

I really liked Kuz

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm on day 14 of no coffee after the stroke

I haven’t been around much the past month or so as I was in hospital for most of it - sorry for the late message, but wishing you a speedy and full recovery. (Day 37 without coffee for me…tried a sip of the hospital crap and haven’t had any since I’ve been home) 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So because he’s not making as much, he can just take games off. Lol. That’s a great standard to live by. 

Never said Miller can “take games off”.  But if a player makes more (or will make more), they usually get more criticism than others.

21 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What has Miller done this game? Petey is not the only star. I haven’t really heard anyone talk about the other star players as often as Petey gets called out.

Petey is the one expecting a huge pay day and can’t decide if he wants to stay with the Canucks while playing like shit the majority of the season regardless of the points he picks up. I bet if Hoglander had the ice time Petey did their stat lines would be very similar. 

He can barely stay on his skates. If he wants 3+ mill more than Miller who has been WAY better than him this season then expect more scrutiny. 

He can’t even play center or carry his own line anymore and has made his line mates worse this season. Why would we pay top dollar for that? 

If he wasn’t demanding top dollar and being undecided on staying with the Canucks because he wants to “win” people wouldn’t be on him so much.

One thing I've noticed is Juulsen is way better now than he was at the beginning of the season.  If both Soucy and Zadorov were out of the lineup at the same time earlier in the season the Canucks would be in trouble.  But with Friedman getting seasoning in the AHL and the emergence of Juulsen's game the Canucks look way better now.  

Without Zadorov and Soucy the Canucks were a win one lose one .500 team earlier.  Foote and Gonchar have done a great job with the defence. When they get all our defenceman back they'll be right back to where they've been all season.  The best team in the league. 

• Cheers 1