[GDT] Sunday February 11 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Washington Capitals - 10:30am PT/1:30pm ET - Capital One Arena DC

OldFaithfulcap

27 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Wild day in the NHL yesterday. I was only able to catch the 1st period as I was moving all day.

It's pretty crazy that Zadorov was suspended in the same day, and 2 games for a collision that came down to size difference (tried to hit through the body imo). Not sure about that.

Then you see Reilly crosschecks a guy in the face (and Jen Botterill of all people defending it!!). Very eventful. And i'm sure DOPS will find a way to let him off with just a fine.

Anyway hoping for a W today. Squash this skid at 2.

Tried to hit through the body.  But ended up hitting through the head.  Didn't go cleanly through the head (otherwise Raymond would be KO'd and Zady suspended longer), but definitely enough contact there.  He mistimed the hit is all.

Honestly it doesn’t really matter if Raymond embellished or not he got clipped in the head doesn’t matter how hard he got clipped.. a hit to the head is a hit to the head and to protect the player it should just be a major and an auto 1 or 2 game suspension and review for more if it was more intentional or violent. With all those goons back in the days suffering from cet you’d want to protect the players head. Sometimes it doesn’t necessary take a big hit to the head.. it can just be a minor hit by at the wrong spot to do serious damage. If that hit was to a Canucks player we’d be crying it’s not a 10 game suspension or something 

Win this one for Zads.

He should have got time served.

2 games is too much. Unless he is a repeat offender, which I dont think he is.

Was an awkward hit that didn't injure the player. Rang the bell, sure, but Rayray was back out there with his acting and moaning to continue.

Let's stomp Was/

Go Nucks. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The Caps aren't going to roll over. They had a great game yesterday. We need to bring it for a full 60. 

I think that's why they are prime for the taking.

They will be high on themselves after beating Boston. Feeling good.

We should be angry and ready to kill.

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I think that's why they are prime for the taking.

They will be high on themselves after beating Boston. Feeling good.

We should be angry and ready to kill.

Good point! They'll be all big feeling, high on themselves, and we can cut them down to size, bring them.back to reality, get back to business. 

Let's do this!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Win this one for Zads.

He should have got time served.

2 games is too much. Unless he is a repeat offender, which I dont think he is.

Was an awkward hit that didn't injure the player. Rang the bell, sure, but Rayray was back out there with his acting and moaning to continue.

Let's stomp Was/

Go Nucks. 

Yeah its almost getting boring.  So obvious now how the league over penalizes the Canucks when it comes to suspensions.  Its a tradition. Why break it now just because we are higher in the standings?  No injury. No injury intent. No history. Rubbish decision. But I ain't even mad bro. I'm used to it.  No need to get upset. Two games won't hurt too much. Move on.  Fully expecting in the future to get max punishment again next time.

Along with extra travel, its just one of our handicaps we have to learn to live with.  

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah its almost getting boring.  So obvious now how the league over penalizes the Canucks when it comes to suspensions.  Its a tradition. Why break it now just because we are higher in the standings?  No injury. No injury intent. No history. Rubbish decision. But I ain't even mad bro. I'm used to it.  No need to get upset. Two games won't hurt too much. Move on.  Fully expecting in the future to get max punishment again next time.

Along with extra travel, its just one of our handicaps we have to learn to live with.  

Go Canucks Go!

and that clown Reilly is seemingly getting nothing for a far worse infraction. It didn’t even take the turds at Player “safety” a full day to come down with Zadorov’s ruling, but they seem to be dragging their heels on a far more obvious and intentional infraction. 

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Plus side. I saw Peter last night and was able to keep it together. Other than the lesions, and moments he has to pause and rest, and the incredible pain he's in. You really wouldn't know he gravely ill. He's the toughest guy I know. I've pieced together that the cancer spread into his back. They are just keeping him as comfortable as they can. He really appreciated going for a drive with me last week. The fact he still flirts and jokes with the nurses warms my heart. The only thing that snapped me into reality is his wife asked what my schedule was like this week so I guess I'm on standby. I'm worried his Mom didn't grasp the whole situation, that's gotta be brutal for her.

So I'm hoping for a win with the Canucks, but if we lose since we're down bodies on defence, I understand. But the Canucks have always surprised me this year.

giraffes fighting GIF
in chaos giraffe power we trust!!!

oh you of little faith…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

That's a game you have to win. Not as though the Wings were well structured. We didn't put enough effort out. Our shifts were all over the place. That is  on Rick.

This won't be popular but our goaltending has to be better then it was, though the team should have been aware of it.

Wasn't as bad as the Boston game where we got owned! Hated that.

Oh, on another note; The officiating it the Wings game was a joke.

Well I thought the effort was there for one period. We just seem to be making big mistakes early and are having a hard time doing anything 5 on 5. Biggest problem right now is putting together a full 60. Heck putting together a 30 minute game has been a struggle. Some still wiping off the cobwebs from the break. They need to figure it out soon.

• Cheers 1

I just saw the Reilly hit. Gathering information?? He cross checked him on the head. You too a couple of hours against Zadorov and are dragging your feet with Reilly. Easy five game suspension. Intent to hurt. It seems like likely are trying to find a way to not give him anything or lesson the punishment. The league is a joke. He should get a two game suspension in the mean time until they figure out what they are going to do. What information do you have to gather?? Crosscheck to the head and not a light one. League is a joke at times.

Toronto organization:

Starz GIF by Power Book IV: Force

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82