[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

9 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Ha ha... I mean, you realize he is only 24 or something still? Like most of the records he is gaining on is guys with more than 600 games played... and he is just over 300 games played. Sure, we might not get to keep him when his contract expires due to cap issues, but he is gonna blow all the canucks D-men records out.

Paul Coffey scored 126 points in a season at age 22.  138 points in a season at age 24.

Hughes is great and I think he is on track so far for a Hall of Fame career.  But let's also keep things in perspective.  We're talking about Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey.

I also never suggested anywhere that he won't break and probably destroy most records for Canuck defensemen.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Thanks.

Wow thought the Canucks had more. I guess their recovery was good.

Caps home rink so it’s their stats’ keeper. In the US cities especially, these stats (which are the responsibility of the home club) are not at all reliable.Need to watch for ourselves. And clearly we saw different. Because it was different. We killed those bastards. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Paul Coffey scored 126 points in a season at age 22.  138 points in a season at age 24.

Coffee was great but he played with a 200 point Gretzky. 
The closest to Orr we’ve seen in the league is Hughes. 

• Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

So what is the parameters of this $1000 over a box of KFC deal? You are talking lifetime points or per year. Because Coffey was playing all year against pacific division teams..... not really the same. But Lifetime I would take you up on it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artemus said:

In the GDT she correctly called the score (3-2) and that Miller would get the GWG.

It's like she had a crystal ball.

Now let's see how she does with her 49'er prediction.!

looks like she sees the future

7 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

So what is the parameters of this $1000 over a box of KFC deal? You are talking lifetime points or per year. Because Coffey was playing all year against pacific division teams..... not really the same. But Lifetime I would take you up on it

Seconded, I will put up 2 boxes of the best KFC has to offer on Huggy Bear getting more points over his career than Coffey ... good bet, great odds. 

For the record, over 1409 games Huggy Bear projects about 1284 pts to Coffey's 1531 pts so Huggy Bear will need to pick up his pace a bit to get an additional 250 points or so over the same time period. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Seconded, I will put up 2 boxes of the best KFC has to offer on Huggy Bear getting more points over his career than Coffey ... good bet, great odds. 

However, a box of KFC in 5 years might be well over $1000 canadian dollars.... we might be getting scammed here.

• Haha 4

Most career wins by a goaltender in @Canucks franchise history (1970-71 to present):
252- Roberto Luongo
211- Kirk McLean
126- Richard Brodeur
99- Thatcher Demko (Thanks to him backstopping today's 3-2 overtime victory vs WSH)
109- Dan Cloutier
99- Jacob Markstrom
72- Gary Smith pic.twitter.com/wceAuf6iAQ

— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) February 11, 2024

Edited by Rip The Mesh

35 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont think you know much about being fair.

After the very first goal in the game,  early on, you were calling the Canucks pathetic and that they had no pride. You kept up that kind of chatter until the OT win. 

I think you could slow down and stop being soo dramatic. 

We are a good team. If we manage to win the cup it will be by inches. It will be a hard fight. Have faith. 

I don’t think you know much about sticking with facts and what I said and wrote. They have given up goals early in multiple games now. The starts are pathetic. I never said they were pathetic. That’s just you trying to fit things into your narrative. I said the start was pathetic. So what. Cry me a river. When you come out as many games as they have and when it’s mainly the stars not showing up. They haven’t played with pride. Sorry that’s just fact. Sorry that it hurts your feelings. I am

also not sorry if you

cant handle facts.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well they have given up goals early I multiple games x I never said they were pathetic. I said the start was pathetic. So what. Cry me a river. When you come

out as many games as they have and when it’s mainly  the stars not showing up. They haven’t played with pride. Sorry that’s just fact. Sorry that it hurts your feelings.

you know, you can just message the other person privately so we dont have to see all this mushy mushy valentines talk?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

you know, you can just message the other person privately so we dont have to see all this mushy mushy valentines talk?

Or you can get ignore. Skip the post. I am allowed to defend myself publicly if someone is bashing me publicly. Choose to ignore. 

52 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Here is an interesting chart for the 2023 - 2024 season with Hughes and Makar against the greats

image.png.f43e449256362ec0f3dd03c999191c95.png

Will Quinn Hughes equal Orr - most likely not, Orr was a Gretzky-like player and one we probably won't ever see again (time will tell). Will Hughes consistently have the electric rushes that both Orr and Coffey had, no  but he does show flashes of that for sure. If I had to bet, staying healthy Huggy Bear will be in the top-10 list for best defenseman of all time ... and if I am right, then I hope he remains a Canuck his entire career ending with his number retired.

Whether he truly can challenge being included in the same breath as Orr or Coffey or not, I am very grateful he fell to the Canucks and we are witnessing one of the best defenseman making a case for the best of all time list and certainly will be the best the Canucks ever had once his career is over.

Go Canucks Go!

Orr will always be unique as he changed the way the game was played.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

For the record, over 1409 games Huggy Bear projects about 1284 pts to Coffey's 1531 pts so Huggy Bear will need to pick up his pace a bit to get an additional 250 points or so over the same time period. 

Um, Back then hockey players needed the 20 minute periods so they could go have a smoke. I think Coffeys points were kinda like intrest on a mortgage, where as Hughes will only get better with age.

Didn't watch the game. But Lindholm with 81.8% FOW!!! 

How was Mik? Hogs with that beautiful backhand goal, but only 11:54 mins of ice time? PDG had 11:33 for the lowest.

Edited by mmkk

2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Orr will always be unique as he changed the way the game was played.

Harvey changed how D played. But Orr was the best player ever. And Hughes is the closer D to him we’ve seen. 
Coffee, Potvin, Robinson, Lidstrom and others were all great (in their own ways) but Hughes resembles how Bobby played the most. Hughes is generational. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Harvey changed how D played. But Orr was the best player ever. And Hughes is the closer D to him we’ve seen. 
Coffee, Potvin, Robinson, Lidstrom and others were all great (in their own ways) but Hughes resembles how Bobby played the most. Hughes is generational. 

The Montreal team with Robinson, LaFleur etc. were really special to watch.

Edited by CanuckDownUnder
typo
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, mmkk said:

How was Mik? Hogs with that beautiful backhand goal, but only 11:54 mins of ice time? PDG had 11:33 for the lowest.

That makes a huge difference for a skilled possession team like the Canucks.

Miller on the opposite end had a tough night in the dot.

Edited by DeNiro

11 minutes ago, mmkk said:

Well of course JTM and BB06 and Lindsey were on the shutdown of Ovetchkin so they were tied up half the time, but still also got alot of high end chances.

They looked really good but had alot more minutes because Caps dont have depth.

Petey playing with Suter and Hogs was awesome. Sure, lower minutes, because Garly, Blue Josh were amazing and kept things in the Ozone, so....