[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

I want to see more of Petey and Hogs together.  I wouldn't mind seeing a line of Mikheyev, Lindholm and Suter play together on a make shift 4th line.  

Lafferty (or PDG) - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Petey -Aman

Garland -Blueger - Joshua

Suter - Lindholm - Mikheyev 

The Lindholm line would have almost zero pressure to produce. Just play them against easier matchups to get their confidence up.  Shake'm up. 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Sure, sure, but how does he do when wearing the black skate jersey, while playing on the road, during a 7 game road trip, under a full moon; and 2 days away from a solar eclipse?

" I'll take barely relevant info, for $300 please Alex"

Laugh Lol GIF by NowThis

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think Canucks are currently ranked 8th in betting odds. Can compete maybe but not THE favorites. 

NHL current power rankings.   Been 2-3 the past month plus 

As for betting odds, EDM is still their "favourite" and it's a dog fight with Boston, COL and Canucks currently, with Dallas, FLD, CAR and LA rounding up the top 7 they view as contenders.     It's pretty gummed up really, aside from EDM clearly pulling themselves out and LA tailing, the rest of the group (including us).   Maybe you're thinking of a few weeks ago, it's fluid, and will remain fluid.   For example they warned EDM could drop quickly depending on how they respond, and one of (in order)  Canucks, Boston or COL taking over. 

Get it, no Picaso's since before the all-star break.  

IMG_3677.png

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Rick mentions Hoglander and Garland. TBH, they were the work horses that made this win possible.

We have alot of size on the team now. Today we saw the value in the little guys slipping by. I think Hogz is great with Petey, but he was great with Miller and Brock too.

overtime was the first time we got to see Garlund with Petey.... I kinda liked it

2 minutes ago, TopChed said:

If you wan't a team that wins keep the guys who leave it all on the ice. 

Garland + Hoglander + resigned Dakota + Blueger   

>>>>>>

Brock + Mikheyev 

For the same money. 

@Alflives give up on your hate for Garland he's driven the bus for us countless nights. He's a winner. 

Alf thinks Garland is a concrete gnome. Clearly Tocchet thinks he’s concrete too. But he’s not a core piece. After we win the Cup this spring I can see Garland taking his ring back east. The Empties are saying Beantown. 

• chaos 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Alf thinks Garland is a concrete gnome. Clearly Tocchet thinks he’s concrete too. But he’s not a core piece. After we win the Cup this spring I can see Garland taking his ring back east. The Empties are saying Beantown. 

Ohh man that would be awful. Imagine playing against both Marchand and Garland. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I'm wondering if Lindholm is the Bo Horvat of the team. In a sense that the offense just isn't their on the season they were traded. 

Even if the offence isn't quite there just yet for Lindholm, he's way better defensively than Horvat ever was.  The offence will come for Lindholm but he won't cheat his game and cut corners to find it sooner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Lindholm had a solid defense game today, not sure what anyone would have a problem with?

For some its all about offense. For those who understand the game, realize how valuable Lindholm was this game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

NHL current power rankings.   Been 2-3 the past month plus 

As for betting odds, EDM is still their "favourite" and it's a dog fight with Boston, COL and Canucks currently, with Dallas, FLD, CAR and LA rounding up the top 7 they view as contenders.     It's pretty gummed up really, aside from EDM clearly pulling themselves out and LA tailing, the rest of the group (including us).   Maybe you're thinking of a few weeks ago, it's fluid, and will remain fluid.   For example they warned EDM could drop quickly depending on how they respond, and one of (in order)  Canucks, Boston or COL taking over. 

Get it, no Picaso's since before the all-star break.  

IMG_3677.png

Yes, there are all these fancy betting sites that produce odds based on deep diving stats and using complex algorithms.

But just ignore that craperolla. Make yourself some  empties and ask them. That’s way more reliable. 🥃

3 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Ohh man that would be awful. Imagine playing against both Marchand and Garland. 

Add Johnny G and the vaunted "Midget Line" is formed ... lots of fun to play against.

tenor.gif?itemid=13808111

Before protests letters are sent, I like Garland  but after this year probably gone - my opinion, no need to pile on like "Quack is my name"

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, TopChed said:

>>>>>>

Brock + Mikheyev 

For the same money. 

@Alflives give up on your hate for Garland he's driven the bus for us countless nights. He's a winner. 

Better than Brock for sure. Mik works hard every shift and is very defensively sound. He’s over paid, but not a liability.

Brock is a one trick pony; either scoring or not. His effort sucks unless he puts up goals. Today, he basically did a bunch of pregame skates, not breaking a sweat….then gave the puck away on OT and made a crappy attempt to back skate to catch the play.

If I’m PA, I move Brock in the summer for prospects, better fit top6 power fwd, and/or draft stock. His cap could fix our situation….and hopefully give Lekkermaki a chance in a year or 2.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Mc1laren said:

For some its all about offense. For those who understand the game, realize how valuable Lindholm was this game. 

I think it's more for a guy who played more mins than any other fwd he wasn't noticable good or bad. 

10 minutes ago, TopChed said:

>>>>>>

Brock + Mikheyev 

For the same money. 

Garland is a beauty 

- Don Cherry 

brad richards what GIF
and I am an historical revisionist…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

30 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Completely agree with Myers.  But I'd find a way to shed Mikheyev's contract before Garland's.  

All those guys have to be replaced though.  You could probably save on Miks, but not the others

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I want to see more of Petey and Hogs together.  I wouldn't mind seeing a line of Mikheyev, Lindholm and Suter play together on a make shift 4th line.  

Lafferty (or PDG) - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Petey -Aman

Garland -Blueger - Joshua

Suter - Lindholm - Mikheyev 

The Lindholm line would have almost zero pressure to produce. Just play them against easier matchups to get their confidence up.  Shake'm up. 

this just points out how bad Aman doesnt really fit. but if we played that till the TDL maybe we get something of value for Aman

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Even if the offence isn't quite there just yet for Lindholm, he's way better defensively than Horvat ever was.  The offence will come for Lindholm but he won't cheat his game and cut corners to find it sooner.

IMHAO we will extend Lindholm. 7 x 7. S better player than Horfat Walkwt and for a lot less. Huge win (and great planning) by our management. 
Thank GOODNESS Benning, no plan, is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes let’s mention myself because you need a little attention. Good on you. Funny how many of these posters come out of the woodwork to post for laughs but rarely comment on game or the comments I do make about the game and the comments I do make they focus on the negative to feed their story. Not surprising at all. Can we just post about the game instead of trying to start things or look to gang up on people to feed peoples own insecurities.

To be fair, you kind of do it to yourself. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

And JT, BB06 and him played the top line match. There was only a couple shifts they got to run the Ozone and they were great, maybe did not score but had so many chances

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

JT Miller could very well be the best Canuck Player this organization has ever had .

Far surpassing the play of all the “fan favourites” in his production and play,

including Linden himself .

Miller is a stand out , all or nothing driving force,  but also is smart enough to realize a game where  adjusting one’s timing can bring more opportunities for himself and the Team.

He has become my favourite Canuck of ALL TIME ,.   And I hope one day he is truly recognized for his contributions and commitment to be here.

…. I Don’t expect the intelligence of this player to decline with age,.  His game may change slightly ,.  But the end of his career is far from these moments we watch presently.

Thankfully “The Beast” resigning and staying in Vancouver over Horvat ,

will be “ONE” of the most significant moves towards this City hosting another Stanley Cup Final .

As a Canuck Fan since our NHL inception,

I hope to see. .     9       In the rafters one day.

Happy Regular Season GIF by NHL

Admit it, its his contract you love the most.... hint hint EP40.... you want me to buy your jersey too? figure it out

Just now, SilentSam said:

JT Miller could very well be the best Canuck Player organization has ever had .

Far surpassing the play of all the “fan favourites” in his production and play,

including Linden himself .

Miller is a stand out , all or nothing driving force,  but also is smart enough to realize a game where  adjusting one’s timing can bring more opportunities for himself and the Team.

He has become my favourite Canuck of ALL TIME ,.   And I hope one day he is truly recognized for his contributions and commitment to be here.

…. I Don’t expect the intelligence of this player to decline with age,.  His game may change slightly ,.  But the end of his career is far from these moments we watch presently.

Thankfully “The Beast” resigning and staying in Vancouver over Horvat ,

will be “ONE” of the most significant moves towards this City hosting another Stanley Cup Final .

As a Canuck Fan since our NHL inception,

I hope to see. .     9       In the rafters one day.

Happy Regular Season GIF by NHL

Miller could be our best forward. (Bure was our most exciting for sure) linden was special, and had a lot of Miller’s skills but Miller has more elite passing skills. 
IMHAO our best player ever is the Huggable One. Miller is great, but Huggy Bear is a generational talent and closest to Orr we’ve seen in the league.,

Pretty much we have Demko, Hughes, Hronek, Petey, Miller, and (now) Lindholm as our core. IMHAO that’s the best group of core players in the league. And JR/PA will keep these guys and retool each year around them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2