[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have all learned to accept the good with the bad. He just needs to be the 6th dman is all.

Myers pisses me off more than any player but he’s been good this year, he’s had a few monster games too. It’s just when he makes a mistake it’s usually really bad. Hope he helps us win a cup this year but I don’t care if he’s back next year at all. Juulsen is taking his place 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Beat Chicago next game for another good road trip 3-1-1 (7 out of a possible 10) and welcome Big Zeke back on a high note ... takes the sting of a 2-game suspension (excessive by many people including some of the usual homer pundits that trash the Canucks every chance they get) away a bit.

Go Canucks Go!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

50 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Beat Chicago next game for another good road trip 3-1-1 (7 out of a possible 10) and welcome Big Zeke back on a high note ... takes the sting of a 2-game suspension (excessive by many people including some of the usual homer pundits that trash the Canucks every chance they get) away a bit.

Go Canucks Go!

I thought 2 was fair, the problem is the DoPS doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Love our club but some of our fans are either dough heads or not really our fans. 

I think its that the drama for how to improve the club is gone..  sure there are little things but the outright anger at management, coaches and players just isnt there anymore..  some people are bored watching a very very good hockey team with not much to bitch about

• chaos 1

Oh Man, had to post this ... to the Hockey Gods, oh please, please let it be a Canucks vs Maple Leafs SCF ... I will never ask for anything else.

JT Miller winding up with a clapper right off the TO's goalie noggin into the net in Game 6 during OT for the win ... and an epic celly in front of O'Rielly

image.thumb.jpeg.4c0dadafd446ef2b7ca5ad7410c7580c.jpeg

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

It would be hilarious if slappers into an empty Leafs net started to become a thing

Would love to see that be a thing for sure and especially to have Ovi do it followed by close second Big Zeke to rip one through the mesh ...

Just now, Hammertime said:

Orr hasn't play'd in 45 years. Anyone who remembers watching him is over 60. 

I saw him live when I was very young, when he played on one knee for the Blackhawks, im 53

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I saw him live when I was very young, when he played on one knee for the Blackhawks, im 53

Close to you in age saw some greats but not Orr was to young.

Watched lots of games on TV and have to say the two that were the Greatest Orr and Gordie Howe.

Just now, Hammertime said:

Orr hasn't play'd in 45 years. Anyone who remembers watching him is over 60. 

Not over 60 and remember watching him play as a kid on the B&W at my uncle's house along with my dad and a bunch of other rabid Canucks fans. 

"There was Bobby Orr and then there was everyone else", a quote I recall reading somewhere from one of the greats. Probably not quite accurate in text but is in context. Bobby Orr would make everyone's top 3 greatest NHL players of all time list. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Close to you in age saw some greats but not Orr was to young.

Watched lots of games on TV and have to say the two that were the Greatest Orr and Gordie Howe.

I was really young, 5 or 6, but my dad took me to see him because he was my favourite 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Not over 60 and remember watching him play as a kid on the B&W at my uncle's house along with my dad and a bunch of other rabid Canucks fans. 

"There was Bobby Orr and then there was everyone else", a quote I recall reading somewhere from one of the greats. Probably not quite accurate in text but is in context. Bobby Orr would make everyone's top 3 greatest NHL players of all time list. 

Denis potvin makes it a pretty close race, imo

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Denis potvin makes it a pretty close race, imo

With the athletes now will be hard for anyone to get close to that level but they said that about Gretzky 's records and look Ovi is closer then any thought.

• Like 3