[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

57 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

That's my wife. She absolutely hates when we're down by a goal and gets very very mad. Don't think I'll be able to watch Canucks hockey with her

I hear you, my daughter in law is the same way. Huge fan, but absolutely nerve wrecking ball if Canucks let in the first goal of the game and down 0-1 at the end of the first.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

3rd time we've only lost 2 in a row and correct we haven't lost more than 2 in a row

Its funny how the media calls it a losing skid, streak, when its 1 loss and one OT loss.... how the canucks still need more to be a contender!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

nowadays like 2011 when we had way more skill and speed than Boston. oh, 2011 you cant remember? so thats not nowadays?

2011 is not nowadays ... no ... You're saying MacEwen would have won us the Cup in 2011?

Thank goodness you're not running the team.

• Haha 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

2011 is not nowadays ... no ... You're saying MacEwen would have won us the Cup in 2011?

He would have put Marchant in his place, got a suspension instead of a skilled guy. I think we need some of that. Marchant is still playing so yeah, 2011 is still nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

MacEwen wouldn't have won us shit. 

And he's done. I don't care if he's on our team. His time has passed. 

But... EVERY team needs push back. 

That's guaranteed. Otherwise teams are going to "bully" Hughes, Petey,  or anyone else... unless we have players who'll stand up and push it right back in their face. 

And that's how it's done. Always will be. 

You can't candy-ass you're way through it. That's why, even guys like Hoggy or Garland, even though their undersized, they go to the wall. 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

He would have put Marchant in his place, got a suspension instead of a skilled guy. I think we need some of that. Marchant is still playing so yeah, 2011 is still nowadays.

I love Bieksa, but he should've screwed the rat. 

He let me down. So did Torres. 

It's done. We need guys who'll fuck 'em up next time. Now! 

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

MacEwen wouldn't have won us shit. 

And he's done. I don't care if he's on our team. His time has passed. 

But... EVERY team needs push back. 

That's guaranteed. Otherwise teams are going to "bully" Hughes, Petey,  or anyone else... unless we have players who'll stand up and push it right back in their face. 

And that's how it's done. Always will be. 

You can't candy-ass you're way through it. That's why, even guys like Hoggy or Garland, even though their undersized, they go to the wall. 

Great post! Well said. I like MacEwan. Good PEI boy but we need a higher level of pushback, physicality, and skill. More dimensional imo. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Okay, you make absolutely less than zero sense.  We're first in the league now but you think 2011 and Marchan(d) being in league means we need a tough guy? I haven't heard or seen anything indicating this team is missing face punchers or people who get suspended? What is Zadorov for? The intellectual leaps here are completely illogical.

I don't even know what to say. Just wow.

Jon Stewart Reaction GIF

Edited by Gawdzukes

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay, you make absolutely less than zero sense.  We're first in the league now but you think 2011 and Marchan(d) being in league means we need a tough guy? I haven't heard or seen anything indicating this team is missing face punchers or people who get suspended? What is Zadorov for? The logical leaps here are completely illogical.

I don't even know what to say. Just wow.

Jon Stewart Reaction GIF

When you know its going to be a barn burner, do you really want JT to be the one putting the fire out and getting suspended? I mean, if Zad is suspended on this hit, what would happen when someone gets pissed off enough to do a Rielly to cover the gap.

Canucks need more enforcers.

You think we are past that in hockey but this is still not tennis, or baseball.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Id argue Zac isn't Reaves level useless. Joshua was pretty trash when we first got him too, I'd be curious what our current coaches could do with Zac.

Don’t go that way. Zac was clueless in the Virtanen way. 
Tocchet want intelligence.

• Upvote 1

Get one of these guys

Brandon Duhaime, Minnesota Wild
RW, 26, 6’2”, 200lb

Justin Danforth, Columbus Blue Jackets
RW/C, 30, 5’9”, 190lb

Mark Kastelic, Ottawa Senators
C, 24, 6’3”, 210lb

Mathieu Olivier, Columbus Blue Jackets
RW/LW, 26, 6’1”, 217lb

Michael Pezzetta, Montreal Canadiens
C/W, 25, 6’1”, 215lb

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too small. We already have a Blueger and a Suter. We can't babysit Aman till he grows up.

Screenshot_20240212_150251_Chrome.jpg

I mean, he's an intriguing prospect and has a place on this team in the future. As it stands, he plays wayyyyyy too soft for a 4th line center role, and we'd be much better served with a veteran like Dowd (first off the top of my head).

Also, I absolutely despised Aman's reaction when he was put into a headlock in the Boston game. Anything to not take a penalty even though he's being harassed by the other player. Reminded me of Daniel getting punched in the face in the finals. Soft mentality that just doesn't win championships. That's our ultimate goal this year right? Either he finds his edge, or we need to replace him for this season since (like I said), he'll be valuable in the coming years. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I mean, he's an intriguing prospect and has a place on this team in the future. As it stands, he plays wayyyyyy too soft for a 4th line center role, and we'd be much better served with a veteran like Dowd (first off the top of my head).

Also, I absolutely despised Aman's reaction when he was put into a headlock in the Boston game. Anything to not take a penalty even though he's being harassed by the other player. Reminded me of Daniel getting punched in the face in the finals. Soft mentality that just doesn't win championships. That's our ultimate goal this year right? Either he finds his edge, or we need to replace him for this season since (like I said), he'll be valuable in the coming years. 

When Cherry was coaching the Bruins, he was asked who his toughest player was. He immediately replied, “Jean Ratelle”. Ratelle was a skilled centre who held onto pucks to make plays, and as a consequence took a beating doing so. The toughest players have a mental toughness that allows them to compete while not taking stupid and selfish penalties. To imply either Sedin wasn’t tough is moronic. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1