[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

36 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

You must be canucksfanforlife's #1 fan by the sounds of it. 

Yes let’s mention myself because you need a little attention. Good on you. Funny how many of these posters come out of the woodwork to post for laughs but rarely comment on game or the comments I do make about the game and the comments I do make they focus on the negative to feed their story. Not surprising at all. Can we just post about the game instead of trying to start things or look to gang up on people to feed peoples own insecurities.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

woohoo!

T'was watching with the Washington supporting 'better' half so that made it all the more special.

Now she's off to buy hotdogs for some footy game on later today.

Go nucks go.

Nice game Hoglander  🙂

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Lindholm was 9 for 11 on faceoffs, led all Canuck forwards with TOI (again), make some good defensive plays. Scoring is great but if you are not, then the rest of the game needs to be up to snuff - what Tocchet likes. Winning the puck is how good offense starts and Lindholm is good at that. Scoring will come. 

I get that, but for the price we paid, and for the 7-8M he's probably asking/going to get next year, you can't just be a defensive center. We've got Suter and Blueger already, we needed a legit top-6 offensive threat who can defend well too. 

I'm not saying the trade was a mistake but we've got a find a way to get the most out of Lindholm and I don't think it's with Miller and Boeser right now. Lindholm and Petey looked dreadful against Boston but I wouldn't mind trying to revisit that with Hoglander, or split Boeser and Miller up. We've got to shake-up something because Miller and Boeser have gone real quiet of late and it lines up with breaking up the Lotto line and moving Lindholm in there.

We wanted a center in case we run with the Lotto line and could have a solid 2C so that's another option as well, so maybe get the Lotto line back together to get Boeser and Miller firing again and leave Hoglander with Lindholm.

• Cheers 2

had to be out this AM, so I pvr'd the game hoping to watch it this afternoon.

walked in the door and the 3rd period had JUST ended. My son was watching it live.

Ended up watching the OT live. 

Not interested in the stupid bowl, so I put in John Wayne movie. Back to Bataan. 

Edited by grumpyone

Great to get the win! Each of these road games have been quite tough. It's good for the team to learn the pressure of other teams really preparing for you every night.

I think it's time to give the all Swedish line a go at this point

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Absolutely had a laughing attack the first time I saw that show. The character walking around with a drink, like he’s always drinking! Who does that? 
Okay don’t answer that!!! 🤣

Had to check my sig. 

IMG_9930.jpeg

• Cheers 2