[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hoglander is why we can move on from Garland this summer and clear his cap. 

We should try and lock him up long term on a low cap hit. He will end up costing a lot otherwise 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I wouldn't mind Lotto line being reunited to get them going and to see how Lindholm can play with Nils and Ilya on 2nd line.  It is all about timing and I think we need to see them against Boston at home and evaluate on how dominant they could be and use that as an option in the playoffs. 

Suter can be an option for 4th line or  he can play with Lindholm and hopefully two wingers can get some chemistry.  We need that because we need Lindholm to be able to play without Pettersson and Miller  4th line would be better if Suter on the 4th line rather than Aman imo.  I am totally fine with current line they have going now and I think that they just need more practice and Lindholm just need time to learn the system.  I don't think they have much practice. Lindholm just need more reps at practice even if he is already good especially with PP.  This schedule didn't afford them to have good practice they wanted and were forced to take a day off before Boston game.  They can get to Chicago earlier than normal and maybe get some practice tomorrow or choose to rest.  It depends on what the coach wants.

I'd love to see this against Boston.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Karlsson

Take Aman out, he's been hurt defensively too many times. Get PDG and Hoglander forechecking hard and free up some space for Lindholm.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Pure961089 said:

What would we do with the cap though?  Garland has been very good on the 3rd line.  He makes the Canucks a hard team to play against and he's near impossible to strip the puck off of. 

Don’t know. Sign Lindholm maybe? Moving on from Garlsnd and Myers is 11 mil. Lindholm get 2, Hronek gets 2, and Petey get 4. Still 3 left to keep Joshua? 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is the Chaos giraffe a compliment or a criticism. Not too sure when or how to use it. 

It’s a mixed bag IMO.

Sometimes chaos means he’s pulling off the old Rolston slapper past the goalie from 10 feet out other times it means failing to make a simple pass and tripping over his own feet.

You don’t always know what you’re gonna get!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Demko on the puck today:

Terminator 2 What GIFIS he a terminator does anyone know? Wheres John Connor?

His name is Owen, and we'll have to wait another generation for him to grow up first.

jt-miller-baby.jpeg?format=auto&width=19

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

We were due for some luck in OT so that was the nicest part for me.

Two blatant penalties missed against the Rangers and Blues that led to winners, and then the phantom penalty shot in OT last game.

The hockey gods are fair.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

We should try and lock him up long term on a low cap hit. He will end up costing a lot otherwise 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Six years x 2.5? 

You talking about Petey?     I think he'd go for that with a little purrsuasion.....

giphy.gif   walk-the-plank-ill-walk-the-plank.gif

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hoglander is why we can move on from Garland this summer and clear his cap. 

Garland is not that much over-valued... he is probably work 4 million.

He is the guy who makes that 3rd line go, along with Joshua.  He is the playmaker, Joshua is the triggerman.  Blueger is replaceable.

He is not quite a top six player, but he is close... and so when he plays on a third line, he can really drive the play against weaker opposing lines.

Anyway, its not something Canucks management will do something about this season.  (baring another blockbuster trade for a top sixer, but I think the piggybank is empty)

This summer a decision will be made about Garland, Mikheyev, Pettersson and lots of others.  It will be a big decision time.

But right now, if the Canucks are serious about a Cup run, they will keep Garland around and not mess with the third line... they have something special there.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I'm wondering if Lindholm is the Bo Horvat of the team. In a sense that the offense just isn't their on the season they were traded. 

Too small of a sample size to say he’s anything right now.

Still on pace for 41 goals over a full season with us. 😂

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canada/USA Womens hockey.

Game 7 of the rivalry series is on.

Cant think of anything else worth watching.

There is a dart championship on now ...  riveting play, everyone is on point ... a championship game that can be played while holding a pint is must see viewing!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25783427/darts-results-live-premier-league-luke-littler-updates/

• Cheers 1