[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I'm wondering if Lindholm is the Bo Horvat of the team. In a sense that the offense just isn't their on the season they were traded. 

He’s got 2 goals in four games. And is playing big minutes in a defensive role. Seems like that’s offence and defence, no?

Reslly comparing Horfat Wallet to Lindhold is insane. Horfat is a cheater of the game. Lindholm plays the right way so his club can win. 

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just think how negative people were in the GDT ... and this road trip we went 2-1-1.

I was really pissed about the Bruins but in perspective we came out ok. 

With Oilers loss yesterday we pulled 3 points further over the Oilers. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I wouldn't mind Lotto line being reunited to get them going and to see how Lindholm can play with Nils and Ilya on 2nd line.  It is all about timing and I think we need to see them against Boston at home and evaluate on how dominant they could be and use that as an option in the playoffs. 

Suter can be an option for 4th line or  he can play with Lindholm and hopefully two wingers can get some chemistry.  We need that because we need Lindholm to be able to play without Pettersson and Miller  4th line would be better if Suter on the 4th line rather than Aman imo.  I am totally fine with current line they have going now and I think that they just need more practice and Lindholm just need time to learn the system.  I don't think they have much practice. Lindholm just need more reps at practice even if he is already good especially with PP.  This schedule didn't afford them to have good practice they wanted and were forced to take a day off before Boston game.  They can get to Chicago earlier than normal and maybe get some practice tomorrow or choose to rest.  It depends on what the coach wants.

NO to Ilya on the 2nd line, he is not a 2nd line player and he has proven that. Offense dies on his stick this year, he had his half year chance on the 2nd line and did nothing with it. I'd rather have Suter in the top 6.

4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Garland is not that much over-valued... he is probably work 4 million.

He is the guy who makes that 3rd line go, along with Joshua.  He is the playmaker, Joshua is the triggerman.  Blueger is replaceable.

He is not quite a top six player, but he is close... and so when he plays on a third line, he can really drive the play against weaker opposing lines.

Anyway, its not something Canucks management will do something about this season.  (baring another blockbuster trade for a top sixer, but I think the piggybank is empty)

This summer a decision will be made about Garland, Mikheyev, Pettersson and lots of others.  It will be a big decision time.

But right now, if the Canucks are serious about a Cup run, they will keep Garland around and not mess with the third line... they have something special there.

JR is great at extending windows by keeping the core and moving in and out supporting players. Garland is a supporting player. He’s gone this summer, but will have his name on the Cup when moved. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Brendan Morrison lol haven't heard that in a while... I loved that guy in the WCE dayz...

I loved Jarrko Ruttu?? When he trips Dion P? LOL I feel like Garland has Ruttu vibes.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

NO to Ilya on the 2nd line, he is not a 2nd line player and he has proven that. Offense dies on his stick this year, he had his half year chance on the 2nd line and did nothing with it. I'd rather have Suter in the top 6.

Keeping in mind, it will take a full year to recover to a normal self, no matter who you are.  He will recover next year so for now, we just accept as it is for as long as he still can defend well.  A serious injury like this  will take 2 full year to feel normal with explosive steps.   He have not had a full summer of training and the camp.  He is behind on most players in the league. I'll give him a pass for now.

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Teams taking advantage of our slow starts lately especially since the All Star break. Yet we still find ways to get a point or two 

Yup. We are in a valley. But we are still a super good team (best in the league) so our valleys are better than most clubs’ peaks. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Teams taking advantage of our slow starts lately especially since the All Star break. Yet we still find ways to get a point or two 

Funny in my head I was like “nice we didn’t get scored on a minute in!”

8 seconds later they scored…😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd love to see this against Boston.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Lindholm - Hoglander

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Mikheyev - Suter - Karlsson

Take Aman out, he's been hurt defensively too many times. Get PDG and Hoglander forechecking hard and free up some space for Lindholm.

Agree Mik should be sent to the last line with limited TOI until he gets over his recovery.    He hasn't scored in almsot half a season (20 games ago) and is killing Petey's Line.    Time to call him out - he's had enough time to get his shit together for almost $5,000,000.00 Million and just 10 Goals.  

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

It’s good to know that their capable of battling thru adversity. against the better teams you expect it. But they’ve been letting the first one in a little to much and against lesser teams. It’s like their not prepared.  The Boston game they never did snap out of it. That’s the one they should have had more preparation for. 

Juulsen is a really good surprise. I wanted Tanev really hard but not eager to kick Juulsen out the D. I think he earned it.

what we need badly is a top 6. Suter is a good bottom 6 guy but man let’s fill this need. 

if not promote Garland, Mikheyev could take his role on the 3rd.

reunite Boeser with Petey, Brock does nothing but dumping the puck each and every play, but he s magic with Elias.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Miller Lindholm Garland

Mikheyev Blueger Joshua

diGuissepe Suter Lafferty 

Aman

Edited by DexM94

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We are in a valley. But we are still a super good team (best in the league) so our valleys are better than most clubs’ peaks. 

Completely agree.  WE are entering into a tough stretch similar to November schedule but this time, a tad bit better than November with 2 3rd games in 4 nights until February 22 with lots of travel.  Thank God for Seattle at end of the trip on the 22nd, just an hour flight home after the game.  

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Keeping in mind, it will take a full year to recover to a normal self, no matter who you are.  He will recover next year so for now, we just accept as it is for as long as he still can defend well.  A serious injury like this  will take 2 full year to feel normal with explosive steps.   He have not had a full summer of training and the camp.  He is behind on most players in the league. I'll give him a pass for now.

Fair enough, but even when healthy Ilya Mikheyev has never been a 2nd line player. He is a 3rd liner through and through. He is a very much like a Jannik Hansen. Adds value, and is a good player but he is not a 2nd liner.

18 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

There is a dart championship on now ...  riveting play, everyone is on point ... a championship game that can be played while holding a pint is must see viewing!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25783427/darts-results-live-premier-league-luke-littler-updates/

Ahh good old darts .. way more entertaining then football 

• Vintage 1