[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

PhillipBlunt

18 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

With Oilers loss yesterday we pulled 3 points further over the Oilers. 

Ya it’s been a good trip considering our top guys haven’t really had a great trip. Speaks more to the depth we have this year. I have been more frustrated with the lack of pushback from our top players but I guess a whole season can’t be a Picasso. 

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t know. Sign Lindholm maybe? Moving on from Garlsnd and Myers is 11 mil. Lindholm get 2, Hronek gets 2, and Petey get 4. Still 3 left to keep Joshua? 

Completely agree with Myers.  But I'd find a way to shed Mikheyev's contract before Garland's.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree Mik should be sent to the last line with limited TOI until he gets over his recovery.    He hasn't scored in almsot half a season (20 games ago) and is killing Petey's Line.    Time to call him out - he's had enough time to get his shit together for almost $5,000,000.00 Million and just 10 Goals.  

Imo, one of the few mistakes Toch has made is not giving Mik games off to rest.

Should never play in back to back, and I'd have rested him on the last game before any 3 day break, to give him the extra recovery time.

He looked ok to begin the year, but wears down as the season goes on.

Not a surprise, his surgery takes about a year to fully recuperate from.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I think I counted 6 straight giveaways by our chaos giraffe in our zone under less than a min of play time. The guy’s brain just completely shuts off in spurts. Last years’ Myers showed up today.

To be fair my brain also shuts off in spurts. 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Being passionate about our team can be an emotional roller coaster. Most of our fans are pretty knowledgeable. Differences of opinion are welcomed and  make this forum worthwhile. 

A few expect instant gratification 24/7 and this is what drives me crazy. A new player scores two goals in game one but doesn’t score in next two games, and there are serious suggestions that we lost the trade. Ovee time, the right linemates will be found fo Lindholm and chemistry develops, I think that we’re going to be pretty happy.

I’m confident in our management for the first time in many years. The improvement in the team has been amazing to watch. The future looks bright. 

On point 1, I think another outgoing cap to have an impact winger trade will be made ... well "think" may not be the right word, "hope" is probably better. With two solid scoring lines marked as 1A & 1B with the rest of the team as is, I would be happy, content and even hopeful. 

On point 2, absolutely. While we love to bash Benning, he did make some good deals but taken as a totality the bad deals wiped out any goodwill or steps taken forward. Glad PA / JR are in charge now. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I think Canucks are currently ranked 8th in betting odds. Can compete maybe but not THE favorites. 

Yeah this probably from the same experts that said we were odds on to miss the playoffs. I give it no weight whatsoever. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Moeknows said:

Yeah this probably from the same experts that said we were odds on to miss the playoffs. I give it no weight whatsoever. 

The same experts that said we’d fall back down to a bubble team after the “easy” part of schedule. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pointing out your whining, isn’t whining. Thanks for coming out. 

No but you have other posts. Thanks for coming out. When you want to talk about hockey, I will comment but I am still waiting. You just like to search the forum and attack people you don't agree with. Let’s talk hockey. I am all for that but I am not going to bite on your everyone who complains or critiques is a whiner attitude. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

So have we still not lost more than two in a row and this was only the 4th time we lost two in a row before today's win?

3rd I think.   Maybe second without a point.  

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

So have we still not lost more than two in a row and this was only the 4th time we lost two in a row before today's win?

And one of those loses was a loser point. We need to get our All stars home for some much earned rest. 

51 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Teams taking advantage of our slow starts lately especially since the All Star break. Yet we still find ways to get a point or two 

Tough to judge the afternoon (morning) games.    Yes a little sleepy since the all-star break.   Reminds me of the Markstrom days, when a player could just walk into our zone and pass the puck into the net.   Seemed like that was the norm for a year of so he was between the pipes.    First shot of the game?  Goal against.  

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

....the Whalley Bowling finals are also on Shaw Cable 4 now too - to counter the Super bowl.   giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47xj54x4ksjvioomrhy

Where did you get that picture of King of Surrey?

Seriously miss his stories about bowling bunnies. 

• Haha 4