Lindholm 2C & keep the Lotto line intact

These last 3-4 games since the All Star have been bumpy to say the least but here we are 2-1-1. I think moving forward we should try a different line up and stick with it for a while. 

I honestly think they should put Petey with Miller and Boeser on the 1st line. Keep the lotto line in tact. I think that should have been the goal in bringing in Lindholm. We were lacking a 2nd line capable Center at the time the Lotto line was firing on all cylinders.  (honourable mention to Suter as a temporary fix). The 2C position was the problem not the Lotto Line. 

First line: Petey Miller Boeser

Second line: Suter Lindholm Hoglander 

Third line: Joshua Bluegar Garland 

Fourth line: Lafferty Aman Mikheyev 

1st line: Petey plays better as a winger when he’s free to be creative and does not have to worry about Center duties. Petey fits with Miller and Boeser’s play (Petey sets up along the boards and one of Miller/Boeser in front of the net). It’s a tried and tested line. It works - when your other lines are also clicking. 

2nd line: I think it’s a waste to put Lindholm with Miller. We should balance our face off capabilities not have them all on one line. Hoglander is emerging as a scorer and can be the guy on that line. Suter is a good 2 way forward. Would allow our 2nd line to be good defensively while first line is all offence. Also gives Lindholm a chance to be “the guy” on his line and not second fiddle to Miller or Petey. Gives us a true test in what we have in him as a center moving forward. 

3rd line:  Is obviously fine. 

4th line: Having Mikheyev on the 4th line although it hurts financially having a 5 million guy on 4th line. But he is an elite 3rd liner. Having him in the bottom 6 really helps our depth. Lafferty plays a physical game and has some scoring touch. Aman is the wild card in this position. Would be great to find another top 6 winger somehow and have Suter play 4C but that might be difficult cap wise. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Feel like Pete's gotta drive his own line not be a passenger on Millers bus. 

I think he does fine on the Lotto Line. There’s a reason they’re so dominant when they play together. But we need a capable 2nd line to take the pressure off the lotto line.

8 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Feel like Pete's gotta drive his own line not be a passenger on Millers bus. 

In theory, I believe you are correct, but why deviate from something that is clearly working?  Petey and Miller definitely have some chemistry.  

Now having said that, we will need to give Lindholm a playmate if the Lindholm experiment is going to work.

So, before we completely re-unite the Lotto Line, I suggest we try one final thing:

-Petey/Miller on your top line

-Lindholm/Boeser on the 2nd line

-Joshua/Bluegar/Garland on the 3rd line

-Suter/Mikheyev on the 4th line

Miller-Pettersson-Hoglander

PDG-Lindholm-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty

Try something like that. 

If that doesn’t work, go back to the original Lotto line and turn a

Mikeheyev-Lindholm-Suter line into an elite shutdown line. 

17 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think he does fine on the Lotto Line. There’s a reason they’re so dominant when they play together. But we need a capable 2nd line to take the pressure off the lotto line.

Thats supposed to be Petes job. Not the Garland line. 

You could put Miller between Lafferty and PDG and it would still be our 1st line. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

In theory, I believe you are correct, but why deviate from something that is clearly working?  Petey and Miller definitely have some chemistry. 

Because it's not a recipe for post season success. It's predictable and easy to line match against. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

These last 3-4 games since the All Star have been bumpy to say the least but here we are 2-1-1. I think moving forward we should try a different line up and stick with it for a while. 

I honestly think they should put Petey with Miller and Boeser on the 1st line. Keep the lotto line in tact. I think that should have been the goal in bringing in Lindholm. We were lacking a 2nd line capable Center at the time the Lotto line was firing on all cylinders.  (honourable mention to Suter as a temporary fix). The 2C position was the problem not the Lotto Line. 

First line: Petey Miller Boeser

Second line: Suter Lindholm Hoglander 

Third line: Joshua Bluegar Garland 

Fourth line: Lafferty Aman Mikheyev 

1st line: Petey plays better as a winger when he’s free to be creative and does not have to worry about Center duties. Petey fits with Miller and Boeser’s play (Petey sets up along the boards and one of Miller/Boeser in front of the net). It’s a tried and tested line. It works - when your other lines are also clicking. 

2nd line: I think it’s a waste to put Lindholm with Miller. We should balance our face off capabilities not have them all on one line. Hoglander is emerging as a scorer and can be the guy on that line. Suter is a good 2 way forward. Would allow our 2nd line to be good defensively while first line is all offence. Also gives Lindholm a chance to be “the guy” on his line and not second fiddle to Miller or Petey. Gives us a true test in what we have in him as a center moving forward. 

3rd line:  Is obviously fine. 

4th line: Having Mikheyev on the 4th line although it hurts financially having a 5 million guy on 4th line. But he is an elite 3rd liner. Having him in the bottom 6 really helps our depth. Lafferty plays a physical game and has some scoring touch. Aman is the wild card in this position. Would be great to find another top 6 winger somehow and have Suter play 4C but that might be difficult cap wise. 

Where you are not seeing the issue.... JTM and Brock had the same points production when paired with anyone.

Petey (lotto line) was the only one who had an increase in production, but the line he left flatlined.

The point is Petey needs his own line but has to RUN the line, like JTM does.... telling guys where to be or what he is gonna do.

Hogz and Podz are the perfect guys for a petey line.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Now having said that, we will need to give Lindholm a playmate if the Lindholm experiment is going to work.

So, before we completely re-unite the Lotto Line, I suggest we try one final thing:

-Petey/Miller on your top line

-Lindholm/Boeser on the 2nd line

-Joshua/Bluegar/Garland on the 3rd line

-Suter/Mikheyev on the 4th line

Miller-Pettersson-Hoglander

PDG-Lindholm-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty

Try something like that. 

If that doesn’t work, go back to the original Lotto line and turn a

Mikeheyev-Lindholm-Suter line into an elite shutdown line. 

JTM and Brock are a pair. You can try split them but you better do it now so you have time to correct.

Boeser does alot more impact than you see on your black and white tv.

• Cheers 1

Two goals and three points in four games. Add to that great defensive play and faceoffs. Seems like Lindholm is doing better than great. Oh! And we are three points up on Boston for the Presidents’ trophy. Not too sure why any true Canuck fan would be disappointed? Unless, of course, they’re not fans but fishers! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TopChed said:

Because it's not a recipe for post season success. It's predictable and easy to line match against. 

You could be onto something.  WCE from 2002-2004 never quite seemed to click in the playoffs while the Sedins/ Burrows didn’t produce at the same clip during the 2011 playoffs.

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

JTM and Brock are a pair. You can try split them but you better do it now so you have time to correct.

Boeser does alot more impact than you see on your black and white tv.

My only concern is that Pettersson and Lindholm don’t seem to have much chemistry.  Miller and Boeser are a pair but Miller and Pettersson are also quite good together.  

Pettersson unfortunately, isn’t a bus driver.  He needs a guy like Miller to bring out the best in him.  Lindholm and Boeser should be able to clean up on a 2nd line.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

My only concern is that Pettersson and Lindholm don’t seem to have much chemistry.  Miller and Boeser are a pair but Miller and Pettersson are also quite good together.  

Pettersson unfortunately, isn’t a bus driver.  He needs a guy like Miller to bring out the best in him.  Lindholm and Boeser should be able to clean up on a 2nd line.

Sorry but what? Petey is 100% a play driver. He’s top five on league scoring while being really good defensively. Plus we are first overall. With Petey, Lindholm, and Miller we have the best centre depth in the league. 
We have the best D pairing and the best centres. We WIN!!! 

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

If Pete's making 12m we aren't going to be able to play him with 15m in wingers. The kid better learn how to produce with <6m on his line. 18m is plenty to spend on a 1st/2nd line

Edited by TopChed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TopChed said:

If Pete wants big boy money he has to be able to drive a line without daddy Miller. I'm sorry I don't speak Melmacian

But Petey does drive his line. Even our Melmacian Princess knows thst is that’s obvious. (Damn she’s hot!)7D1BD25B-38E0-4D3A-AE85-EED22EDBF277.gif.26ca9912e05416040a8e756ff2c324d1.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TopChed said:

If Pete wants big boy money he has to be able to drive a line without daddy Miller. I'm sorry I don't speak Melmacian

petey needs to drive the Hogz & Podz bus.

and actually drive the plays. Or take a short bus outta here if he wants to get paid more than Miller but depend on him and Boeser to score.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If you want to go far in the playoffs you need 4 lines rolling. 

Maybe we should look at Kessel. He could be a better fit than Suter in the top 6. 

the game today, Suter could really help on the 4th. I thought Mik looked better playing on 4th and if we had Kessel for almost free, why not? Maybe lets just not tell anyone till after the TDL in case something comes around

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

I think that 3rd line is our 2nd line production type of line but they are concealing it well.  Once they figure us out, and our 2nd line will be our 2nd line with 3rd pairing match-up.  Difficult to choose which match-up game the opponent coach want to.  When I saw 2nd unit PP did well against the Capitals, they did well with their passing game.  I'm honestly can say that I'm impressed.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If you want to go far in the playoffs you need 4 lines rolling. 

Maybe we should look at Kessel. He could be a better fit than Suter in the top 6. 

Suter has been great when given opportunities to play up the line up. I really don't think Kessel is the answer. I hope we can do better. If the prices are excessively high... I would like to give Bains a try. The Canucks desperately lack a playmaker. Pair him with two 40g scorers and see what happens. 

Lafferty Miller Brock

Bains Pete Lindholm

Dakota Blueger Garland

Mikheyev Suter PDG 

It's clear Mikheyev has no playmaking ability whatsoever. His value is in playing low event mins against good players and poaching breakaways when good players cheat for offense. Mik Suter PDG would probably be one of the best 4th lines in the NHL.