Disciplinary Action

what i want to see is ref start getting fines or suspended for a game or 2 if they made a blatantly bad call or missed a blatantly bad penalty that led to a goal the other way.. start hitting them in the wallet and maybe they'll start calling the game seriously.. of course it'll never happen.. but something needs to be done about reffing.. NHL reffing consistency have got to be the worse of all the major sports.. nfl and nba at least you can challenge a penalty.. in soccer they have a 5th referee that'll signal the head ref for a possible var if they miss something on the field.. nhl there's nothing.. whatever the ref say goes and even if it's the wrong call no need to face the music

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

what i want to see is ref start getting fines or suspended for a game or 2 if they made a blatantly bad call or missed a blatantly bad penalty that led to a goal the other way.. start hitting them in the wallet and maybe they'll start calling the game seriously.. of course it'll never happen.. but something needs to be done about reffing.. NHL reffing consistency have got to be the worse of all the major sports.. nfl and nba at least you can challenge a penalty.. in soccer they have a 5th referee that'll signal the head ref for a possible var if they miss something on the field.. nhl there's nothing.. whatever the ref say goes and even if it's the wrong call no need to face the music

I still stand by my suggestion of allowing teams to submit a 3 ref shitlist.  If a ref is on too many of those to be scheduled effectively, it's a good sign that he probably shouldn't still be employed.  These refs do absolutely need to be getting some long suspensions though until they cut out this BS.  They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/nhl-fines-oilers-forward-kane-5-000-for-slashing-calgary-forward-hunt/ar-BB1le56t?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=de23b479af694a4a84220c6c078961d6&ei=98

"

NEW YORK — The NHL has assessed Edmonton Oilers forward Evander Kane a maximum fine of US$5,000 for slashing Calgary forward Dryden Hunt in a game Saturday night.

The incident happened at 3:46 of the second period. Kane was assessed a minor penalty for slashing.

The Oilers went on to win the game 4-2 and take three of the four games in the series between the provincial rivals.