Disciplinary Action

I predicted 6 games, because of the in-person hearing and the precedent set by David Perron, but 5 is more or less fair, IMO.

A lot is being made (mostly by Leafs fans) that the Sportsnet Panel all seemsed to think the suspension was too high.....omitting of course that the Toronto Sports Net veteran Bob McKenzie called it "fair"....

One reason I can think of for 5 games instead of 6, is that apparently, this limits Reilly's appeal option to a direct appeal to Gary Bettman. I can't say that I like MR's chances if he goes that route.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Keefe should make it clear that even if it's reduced, he'll still be in the press box untill he learns how to play defence.  Rielly needs to understand that getting burned that badly on a breakaway due to refusing to learn how to play his position properly is not acceptable.  Toronto needs to take the gift of this suspension and try to make this useless pylon realize that he needs to start playing like an NHLer in his own zone.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, spook007 said:

Hopefully they a 1 or 2 games... Whiny bitch deserves all he gets... imagine feeling victimised after cross checking a player in the face... a hole...

A longer suspension helps Toronto though.  I'd rather he comes back sooner to help them miss the playoffs.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Would be hilarious if they could up it to 7 games during the appeal.

If they reduce or keep the 5 games, everyone else might as well appeal their suspensions regardless of length... and NHL better be careful as they could be setting precedent, and every suspension should be reduced then...

• Cheers 1

Many moons ago as a young Sapper I remember our RSM welcoming us after graduating our 3's.

He said he could forgive nearly any charges and not hold it against you long term .... But God have mercy on the soul.of anyone crying about the punishment after doing the crime.  If you aren't soldier.enouh to do the time ... Don'r do the crime

Rielly and the laffs complaining tells me everything I need to know about their s of entitlement beliefs and character.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

A longer suspension helps Toronto though.  I'd rather he comes back sooner to help them miss the playoffs.

Well that is one way to look at it... 

But regardless of whom the player is, and what team he plays for, that kind of cowardly attacks, just because you don't like the way a player score a goal should be hammered...

Cross checking in the face 5 games... Elder missed a check and got 4 games for intensions... and Rome got 4 during the finals (which = 16 games after the thumb of rule during play offs)...

If they feel hard done to, take a number and smash him next game... Different story if you jumped a player, who had run or injured your star player... Like Hansen did, when Kadri ran Danny... To think Kadri didn't get a suspension for that hit, while Zad gets 2 games says everything there is to be said about the DPOS..... rotten to the core and the reason this piece of shit is appealing.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Well that is one way to look at it... 

But regardless of whom the player is, and what team he plays for, that kind of cowardly attacks, just because you don't like the way a player score a goal should be hammered...

Cross checking in the face 5 games... Elder missed a check and got 4 games for intensions... and Rome got 4 during the finals (which = 16 games after the thumb of rule during play offs)...

If they feel hard done to, take a number and smash him next game... Different story if you jumped a player, who had run or injured your star player... Like Hansen did, when Kadri ran Danny... To think Kasri didn't get a suspension for that hit, while Zad gets 2 games says everything there is to be said about the DPOS..... rotten to the core and the reason this piece of shit is appealing.

Any kind of hit after a goal should be 20 games automatically in my book.  Trying to find the positive side here.

• Cheers 3

Suspensions in the nhl should be based on intent and injury should be multipliers. 
accidental? 1-2 game depending on how accidental and careless. if injured multiple that by 2 so 2-4 if causing injury. Intentional? 5 minimum and go up base on how malicious, if premeditated etc again injury x2 repeat offender x2 it’ll stack up real fast for repeat offender and make them think twice. Ppl will debate whether it’s intentional or not.. but a lot of the time it’s pretty obvious.. if you jump into the hit.. chicken wing someone in the head swing a stick etc vs hitting someone and then the momentum cause ur feet to leave the ice.. you lowered your shoulder but the guy was low to the ice.. or your stick ride up on someone else’s stick. 

Reilly cross check was intentional he can hit him in the ribs drop the glove for a fight etc etc but he choose to cross check him in the face can easily break someone’s jaw. Whether or not he’s injured shouldn’t factor in on the base suspension so 5 games is fair. 

beside suspending Reilly is a blessing in disguise for the leaf.. they are on like a 110point pace over 82 games in the games without Reilly the last couple season 

• Cheers 2

Giving in to this appeal says nothing but it's a slap on the wrist. The intent was there and he should have got more. Until they get serious about these kind of incidents, it will happen again and again. There is no fear in what he did and if he had it in the back of his mind that he could be gone for a quarter of the season, I don't think he would have done it. It's going to take someone becoming a vegetable before they abolish head hunting. That's the sad truth.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I want them to make the playoffs, I take great joy when they make and an expected premature exit.

11 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Brad "the RAT" Marchand at it again. Trash like this should be banished from the league. Wonder if they do anything about this as I haven't seen much about it so far. Should be gone rest of the season in my opinion.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/02/11/brad-marchand-becomes-most-suspended-player-in-nhl-history-has-forfeited-over-1-4-million-in-salary/

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Brad "the RAT" Marchand at it again. Trash like this should be banished from the league. Wonder if they do anything about this as I haven't seen much about it so far. Should be gone rest of the season in my opinion.

Should have gotten a lifetime ban years ago, or at least have gotten the Steve Moore special.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:58 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine if they went 5-0 without Rielly.  That would be pretty funny and kinda prove he is a major defensive liability...

Definitely a real possibility now.  Addition via subtraction.