Disciplinary Action

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The NHL obviously doesn't take the "code" into consideration when dealing out suspensions.  And it's actually shocking that Treliving and Shanahan would use that as a justification to cross check someone in the face.  Utterly disgusting behaviour by Leaves management...

Well sleeping with a teammate's wife is also against the "code", but that didn't stop Shannahan.  Regardless, they should be pushing for a longer suspension to improve their lineup.  Those here like @Miss Korea who were calling me out for my assessment that Reilly is AHL trash and hurts the Leafs have gotten real quiet since this little streak.  The results don't lie.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Well sleeping with a teammate's wife is also against the "code", but that didn't stop Shannahan.  Regardless, they should be pushing for a longer suspension to improve their lineup.  Those here like @Miss Korea who were calling me out for my assessment that Reilly is AHL trash and hurts the Leafs have gotten real quiet since this little streak.  The results don't lie.

For once we actually agree on something.  Shanahan is a loser.  So is Treliving.  The Leafs are 29-11-4 lifetime without Rielly.  Nick Kyproes even admitted that the Leafs play differently without Rielly.  Imagine if Hughes was out of the lineup, how would the Canucks play without him?  Would they be able to win 5 in a row without Hughes?

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For once we actually agree on something.  Shanahan is a loser.  So is Treliving.  The Leafs are 29-11-4 lifetime without Rielly.  Nick Kyproes even admitted that the Leafs play differently without Rielly.  Imagine if Hughes was out of the lineup, how would the Canucks play without him?  Would they be able to win 5 in a row without Hughes?

DID YOU KNOW THE LEAFS HAVE A WINNING RECORD WITHOUT AUSTON MATTHEWS?

what a plug

Edited by Miss Korea

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

what a plug

You don't accept the eye test and thinks everyone should trust the analytics dweebs with no understanding of the sport.  When confronted with actual numbers that don't support your view, this is how you respond.  It's not exactly a small sample size.

10 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

what a plug

The Leafs are 35-19-2 without Matthews.  So yes he is garbage too…

The Leafs are 13-13-4 without Marner.  So he obviously is the engine on the team and the only one who knows how to play defence…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You don't accept the eye test and thinks everyone should trust the analytics dweebs with no understanding of the sport.  When confronted with actual numbers that don't support your view, this is how you respond.  It's not exactly a small sample size.

You have never tried to use numbers to support your view.  I asked you to use just one metric suggesting Rielly wasn't good enough for the NHL and you failed.  I asked you to quote just one journalist/fan suggesting Rielly wasn't good enough for the NHL and you failed.  I've seen you time and time again in other threads challenging idiots to come up with some substantive "proof" to back up their claims.  Not once have you backed up this claim here - about Rielly, or Bouchard, or any other offensive defenceman you don't like.  In other words - you're kinda full of crap and you're a hypocrite at that.

As for the eye test, anyone who's watched the Leafs games this past week can tell you what's changed.  I know who's been playing better, and it's a handful of role guys who've stepped up.  They are being universally praised in the media at the moment.  I'm wondering if you know who those guys are.  A hint - they were both picked up by Kyle Dubas.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Leafs are 35-19-2 without Matthews.  So yes he is garbage too…

The Leafs are 13-13-4 without Marner.  So he obviously is the engine on the team and the only one who knows how to play defence…

You told me AM34 was declining

You lied

image.png.a36cafe6f11af1e9927f0890945c4cee.png

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You told me AM34 was declining

You lied

image.png.a36cafe6f11af1e9927f0890945c4cee.png

Matthew’s stats keep climbing, meanwhile his team gets even worse.  I’m happy for Matthews that he is getting paid. Too bad he will never win a cup playing for Toronto.  The only one who knows how to actually play defence is Marner. If Marner was smart he will bail and go somewhere else to try and win a cup…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You have never tried to use numbers to support your view.  I asked you to use just one metric suggesting Rielly wasn't good enough for the NHL and you failed.  I asked you to quote just one journalist/fan suggesting Rielly wasn't good enough for the NHL and you failed.  I've seen you time and time again in other threads challenging idiots to come up with some substantive "proof" to back up their claims.  Not once have you backed up this claim here - about Rielly, or Bouchard, or any other offensive defenceman you don't like.  In other words - you're kinda full of crap and you're a hypocrite at that.

As for the eye test, anyone who's watched the Leafs games this past week can tell you what's changed.  I know who's been playing better, and it's a handful of role guys who've stepped up.  They are being universally praised in the media at the moment.  I'm wondering if you know who those guys are.  A hint - they were both picked up by Kyle Dubas.

The eye test is pretty obvious, and it's not possible to accurately measure defensive skill or lack thereof statically. So here's your metric: Toronto is playing better hockey without Rielly, and has consistently over his career.  Wins are the most important metric of all, and you were adamant they'd struggle.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The eye test is pretty obvious, and it's not possible to accurately measure defensive skill or lack thereof statically. So here's your metric: Toronto is playing better hockey without Rielly, and has consistently over his career.  Wins are the most important metric of all, and you were adamant they'd struggle.

Bro, I want fucking evidence.  You don't get to talk shit with that kind of lazy analysis.  WHO is playing better?  WHAT are the different offensive/defensive schemes they're using with/without Rielly?  Don't bother replying until you can come up with something concrete.

It's honestly such a stupid argument.  "Toronto's losing a lot more games this year because of Morgan Rielly."  "Toronto's won the last 4 games because of Morgan Rielly."  Truly spoken like a bumbling man who really has no idea how hockey or any sport works.

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Matthew’s stats keep climbing, meanwhile his team gets even worse.  I’m happy for Matthews that he is getting paid. Too bad he will never win a cup playing for Toronto.  The only one who knows how to actually play defence is Marner. If Marner was smart he will bail and go somewhere else to try and win a cup…

You know me - I don't like it when people treat hockey like it's basketball.  It's a team game that relies on depth players more than any other sport.  High-end talent isn't enough to win games consistently - you need more than that.

Ironically, Toronto is being run exactly like a basketball team right now, with 2/3 of its cap being spent on a handful of guys.  So it must be a welcome surprise for Leafs fans to have all their depth players stepping up during this 4-game swing.

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Bro, I want fucking evidence.  You don't get to talk shit with that kind of lazy analysis.  WHO is playing better?  WHAT are the different offensive/defensive schemes they're using with/without Rielly?  Don't bother replying until you can come up with something concrete.

It's honestly such a stupid argument.  "Toronto's losing a lot more games this year because of Morgan Rielly."  "Toronto's won the last 4 games because of Morgan Rielly."  Truly spoken like a bumbling man who really has no idea how hockey or any sport works.

Where is your evidence that a defenceman you admit is completely incapable of playing acceptable defence helps his team?  Give me something clear and concrete, not made up trash from analytics dweebs.  The sample size is a lot more than 4 games and Toronto consistently plays better when they don't have to worry about this AHL pylon costing them the game.

https://www.mapleleafsdaily.com/nhl-team/toronto-maple-leafs/historically-the-leafs-record-without-morgan-rielly-in-the-lineup-may-shock-you

Maybe there's something to my argument that defencemen who can't play defence are hurting their team.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Where is your evidence that a defenceman you admit is completely incapable of playing acceptable defence helps his team?  Give me something clear and concrete, not made up trash from analytics dweebs.  The sample size is a lot more than 4 games and Toronto consistently plays better when they don't have to worry about this AHL pylon costing them the game.

https://www.mapleleafsdaily.com/nhl-team/toronto-maple-leafs/historically-the-leafs-record-without-morgan-rielly-in-the-lineup-may-shock-you

Maybe there's something to my argument that defencemen who can't play defence are hurting their team.

No surprise here.  I asked you for defensive/offensive schemes with/without Rielly, and you come up with absolutely nothing.

What are.  The offensive and defensive schemes.  Toronto uses.  Tell me what type of forecheck system they use.  Tell me what type of breakout system they use.  Tell me what type of d-zone and o-zone structure they use.  That's not analytics, buddy - that's just fucking coaching tactics.

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

On a more elementary level, I asked you who's playing better during these past 4 games, and you're coming up with nothing.

The entire team is playing better, but the real difference is that they removed a guy who didn't belong in the NHL and no longer have to cover for his atrocious play in his own zone.  Addition via subtraction is fairly simple.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The entire team is playing better, but the real difference is that they removed a guy who didn't belong in the NHL and no longer have to cover for his atrocious play in his own zone.  Addition via subtraction is fairly simple.

Nice.  That's all I need to know from you - full of shit and unable to come up with literally anything substantive.  Little to zero actual hockey knowledge but openly willing to diss everyone else with nothing to back it up.

@King Heffy answer the first prompt I sent you.  Name the offensive/defensive schemes they use or just shut up.

Edited by Miss Korea

10 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Nice.  That's all I need to know from you - full of shit and unable to come up with literally anything substantive.  Little to zero actual hockey knowledge but openly willing to diss everyone else with nothing to back it up.

@King Heffy answer the first prompt I sent you.  Name the offensive/defensive schemes they use or just shut up.

Their scheme is called keep Rielly off the ice.  It clearly works well.  You had more than one person suggest that they'd play better without Rielly, yet you dismissed the possibility despite history indicating that this was likely.  Maybe other people also know something about the sport.  Regardless, I'm not violating any board rules and you finally definitely don't have the right to tell others what they can and can't post. You historically seem to have difficulty understanding this without resorting to personal attacks, so please accept my apologies if you are having difficulty processing this reality.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Their scheme is called keep Rielly off the ice.  It clearly works well.  You had more than one person suggest that they'd play better without Rielly, yet you dismissed the possibility despite history indicating that this was likely.  Maybe other people also know something about the sport.  Regardless, I'm not violating any board rules and you finally definitely don't have the right to tell others what they can and can't post. You historically seem to have difficulty understanding this without resorting to personal attacks, so please accept my apologies if you are having difficulty processing this reality.

Can't name a single defensive system

Can't name a single offensive system

Can't name a single individual who has stepped up

Maybe you should stop talking about stuff you don't know

Can't name a single defensive system

Can't name a single offensive system

Can't name a single individual who has stepped up

Maybe you should stop talking about stuff you don't know

Or just choosing not to humour you because you clearly don't respect other's views.  How do you explain the fact that Toronto consistently plays better when Rielly is not in the lineup then? Maybe you should stop posting paragraphs trying to make yourself look smart when really all you do is regurgitate analytics garbage made up by people who wouldn't be able to identify a puck if it hit them in the head.

Come on @King Heffy.  Defensively, does Keefe run a man defense, a swarm defense or a box+1?  For forechecking, do they run a 1-2-2, a 2-1-2 or a 1-3-1? 

It's a simple question.  These aren't analytics, by the way.  Even peewee kids learned some of these systems growing up.

Edited by Miss Korea

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Or just choosing not to humour you because you clearly don't respect other's views.  How do you explain the fact that Toronto consistently plays better when Rielly is not in the lineup then? Maybe you should stop posting paragraphs trying to make yourself look smart when really all you do is regurgitate analytics garbage made up by people who wouldn't be able to identify a puck if it hit them in the head.

Maybe don't drag me into this conversation by mentioning me then

Come on @King Heffy.  Defensively, does Keefe run a man defense, a swarm defense or a box+1?  For forechecking, do they run a 1-2-2, a 2-1-2 or a 1-3-1? 

It's a simple question.  These aren't analytics, by the way.  Even peewee kids learned some of these systems growing up.

Again, not bothering with answering this because it's not relevant to the discussion at hand, which is the fact that Toronto is objectively having more success with Rielly than with him, despite your adamant posting that this would not happen.