Disciplinary Action

24 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

@Rekker @King Heffy I've asked you guys some simple questions before and youve both been utterly incapable of giving any kind of coherent answer.

Tell me, gentlemen - who has been playing well in Morgan Rielly's absence?  It's a pretty easy question.  Feel free to respond with more personal attacks since I know you're both hypocrites.

Personal attack? Get over yourself already. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Apparently, you do have all day.

I just asked you a simple question and you can't answer it.  Who has stepped up in Rielly's absence?  Heffy has completely ignored this and sputtered "5-0" again and again.  Maybe you're not as useless of a poster and can provide a response with some actual substance.

8 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You don't get to criticize others for not respecting opinions when you're trying to suggest I post trash.  If you knew how to respect other people's opinions, you would actually respond just once to anything I've prompted you with.  But you haven't, because you're too much of a coward to put in any kind of work.  

Unlike you, I've actually followed who has been playing well in Rielly's absence.  Unlike you, I've actually followed what types of coaching schemes Keefe has used this season - what's worked and what hasn't.  And unlike you, I know where Morgan Rielly fits into that system, for better or for worse.  All you've posted here is the same braindead statement: "Rielly is AHL trash" "Rielly is AHL trash" "Rielly is AHL trash".  You literally haven't said anything else.  "He's getting suspended because he's AHL trash" "Toronto is losing because he's AHL trash" "Toronto is winning because he's AHL trash"

You literally have one of the most worthless hockey opinions anywhere.  That's why I challenged you multiple times to come up with someone actually backing up your opinion.  I gave you many opportunities to back your opinions with anything substantive.  And you've never stepped up to the occasion.  On a personal level, I actually think there's something wrong with you, for you to be so unwilling to actually put some research in and support anything you claim.

No bottom line, no blanket statements.  Break it down.  Forget Rielly for a moment and break down how Toronto won its past 5 games.  Tell me who's been playing well and why.  I've just asked you a simple question and if you can't answer it, you should be ashamed of yourself after this dumbass diatribe you've laid on me.

Bring The Chill GIF by AXE South Africa

28 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I just asked you a simple question and you can't answer it.  Who has stepped up in Rielly's absence?  Heffy has completely ignored this and sputtered "5-0" again and again.  Maybe you're not as useless of a poster and can provide a response with some actual substance.

I'm completely ignoring it because you keep spewing multiple paragraph posts about why you think the rules don't apply to you.  I'm not here to play chess with pigeons.

You said Toronto would struggle without Rielly.  The results speak otherwise.  You seem to be having a great deal of difficulty coming to terms with this without resorting to personal attacks.  These are all facts.

Edited by King Heffy

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm completely ignoring it because you keep spewing multiple paragraph posts about why you think the rules don't apply to you.  I'm not here to play chess with pigeons.

You said Toronto would struggle without Rielly.  The results speak otherwise.  You seem to be having a great deal of difficulty coming to terms with this without resorting to personal attacks.  These are all facts.

WHO

Who has stepped up without Rielly

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

WHO

Who has stepped up without Rielly

Why would I dignify your demands with an answer after you've spewed multiple personal attacks?  That's a rhetorical question by the way, which means an answer isn't expected.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Why would I dignify your demands with an answer after you've spewed multiple personal attacks?  That's a rhetorical question by the way, which means an answer isn't expected.

Oh okay, so you're just not able to answer the question because you don't know, right?  After all, YOU dragged ME into this.  And when I responded with "who" and "how", you couldn't say shit.  What a load of BS.

Have you ever, EVER backed up any of your statements, EVER?

42 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I have never once eluded to who needs to step up, or who did. Don't care. My original post was that the Leafs are better without giveaway, softy Reilly. Which the facts state they are. Which you said "was a brutal take" by myself. Your wrong, but as usual you deflect. You deflect rather than admit you are wrong. Then stoop so low as to claim personal attacks. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Feel free to get involved.  Anyone.  Is hockey a team game or an individual one?  Do you think Rielly should sit out more games because they went 5-0 without him? 

Better without no. Unless his cap hit goes with him then absolutely. Reminds me of Barrie in his Avs days they weren't better without him but they weren't considerably worse off either. They didn't win the cup with him "I'll tell you that for free"

Edited by Hammertime

6 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I have never once eluded to who needs to step up, or who did. Don't care. My original post was that the Leafs are better without giveaway, softy Reilly. Which the facts state they are. Which you said "was a brutal take" by myself. Your wrong, but as usual you deflect. You deflect rather than admit you are wrong. Then stoop so low as to claim personal attacks. 

So who's been playing better on the Leafs?  Neither you or Heffy are providing any real answer to this. 

Or I dunno, why do the Leafs have a stellar record without Matthews?  Why does Vegas have a stellar record without Mark Stone?  Why, Rekker?

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Better without no. Unless his cap hit goes with him then absolutely. Reminds me of Barrie in his Avs days they weren't better without him but they weren't considerably worse off either. They didn't win their cups with him "I'll tell you that for free"

I mean, it's fine to criticize Rielly.  But these clowns can't seem to wrap their head around any possible reason that the Leafs are winning... other than "Rielly is so bad he is the only reason Toronto loses".  It's a really, really stupid thing to say.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

So who's been playing better on the Leafs?  Neither you or Heffy are providing any real answer to this. 

Or I dunno, why do the Leafs have a stellar record without Matthews?  Why does Vegas have a stellar record without Mark Stone?  Why, Rekker?

Time to consult your cards. 

Witch Astrology GIF by PBS Digital Studios

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean, it's fine to criticize Rielly.  But these clowns can't seem to wrap their head around any possible reason that the Leafs are winning... other than "Rielly is so bad he is the only reason Toronto loses".  It's a really, really stupid thing to say.

Conserve brain cells. 

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

More deflecting, at least your good at something. 

Edited by Rekker

9 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Don't be ridiculous - saying this kind of stuff just makes you sound ridiculous.  If you think even one member of Leafs Nation is happy with the repeated failures of the Matthews era, you're deluding yourself.  Sure, Leafs can be annoying and they can be cocky.  Some of them have a persecution complex, not unlike any other hockey fan but also distinct as Torontonians.  But suggesting they don't care whether they win or lose?  That's just an unnecessary, disrespectful, and frankly wrong argument to make about any fanbase.

Remember when we talked about FC Shalke 04 a couple weeks back?  They're stuck in the 2nd division and fighting off relegation to the 3rd/4th division.  They're still selling out some of their games.  Still an average an attendance of 60K fans per match.  What would you say about their fanbase?  That they don't care whether their team wins or not?  

I have never, ever heard someone say with pride that their own city (Vancouver) has a weak fanbase that's unwilling to support their team during the tough years.  You're bragging about the fans not showing up when the Canucks suck.  That's what other fanbases say to make fun of us, man.  Your free tickets story is embarrassing.  Imagine if BOSTON gave away free tickets because they couldn't fill seats.  Are you also going to ridicule Minnesota fans for not wanting to win because they always sell out?  Are you also going to ridicule MONTREAL fans for not wanting to win because they always sell out!??  Their team has been hot garbage for years now and they're always at full capacity!

You are talking about the Matthews era.  I am referring to all of the eras.  I know lots of Toronto fans.  They use to fill up Pacific Coliseum back in the day along with the Montreal fans.  There used to be more Leafs and Habs fans at the Canucks games than Canucks fans.  Reason why is because we sucked for so long that nobody cared anymore.

You have grown up in a generation where the Canucks were actually a good team, and in many cases a cup favourite.  I grew up in a generation where the Canucks were the laughing stock of the NHL for many years until Pat Quinn arrived.

Leafs fans and Habs fans are quite different than Canucks fans.  Reason why is because back in the day they were the dominant teams of the NHL and won many cups.  Nowadays, it is the opposite and has been for a long time.  Most Leafs fans that I know are just happy to watch their team play.  They know they will never win a cup.  So why bother to have any hope?  I will admit this is a different generation than yours, so maybe your generation of Leafs fans has more hope than mine.  Most likely that is the case and Matthews is their hero, much like Dave Keon was for Alf's generation.

Anyways, I wasn't bragging about anything, I was simply pointing out my experiences over a 35+ year period of watching hockey.  The younger generation can take that and at least appreciate the history, or you can push back and call me out for being an idiot...

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

More deflecting, at least your good at something. 

If you want to talk about the Leafs, please do so.  If you want to talk about the 5-0 run, please do so.  You're the only the one trying to deflect away from any meaningful hockey conversation.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

If you want to talk about the Leafs, please do so.  If you want to talk about the 5-0 run, please do so.  You're the only the one trying to deflect away from any meaningful hockey conversation.

I was deflecting. Difference is I can admit when I do. You aren't capable of that. 

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Do you think Rielly should sit out more games because they went 5-0 without him? 

nope- I think he should sit out more games because what he did was stupid and dangerous. Their record is irrelevant to my opinion on his too short suspension.

I don't 'follow' the leafs but I can generally say there can be many factors regarding their current streak.

1 Quality of competition

2 quality of Reilly's replacement

3 the whole team picking up their game

4 the goalie picking up his game

5 the schedule-are they getting more days of rest and practice- are the games mostly on home ice

6 pure statistical anomaly/  luck

8gqag9.jpg.f877b0cc3307ed7a228762f9f4ca6758.jpg

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are talking about the Matthews era.  I am referring to all of the eras.  I know lots of Toronto fans.  They use to fill up Pacific Coliseum back in the day along with the Montreal fans.  There used to be more Leafs and Habs fans at the Canucks games than Canucks fans.  Reason why is because we sucked for so long that nobody cared anymore.

You have grown up in a generation where the Canucks were actually a good team, and in many cases a cup favourite.  I grew up in a generation where the Canucks were the laughing stock of the NHL for many years until Pat Quinn arrived.

Leafs fans and Habs fans are quite different than Canucks fans.  Reason why is because back in the day they were the dominant teams of the NHL and won many cups.  Nowadays, it is the opposite and has been for a long time.  Most Leafs fans that I know are just happy to watch their team play.  They know they will never win a cup.  So why bother to have any hope?  I will admit this is a different generation than yours, so maybe your generation of Leafs fans has more hope than mine.  Most likely that is the case and Matthews is their hero, much like Dave Keon was for Alf's generation.

Anyways, I wasn't bragging about anything, I was simply pointing out my experiences over a 35+ year period of watching hockey.  The younger generation can take that and at least appreciate the history, or you can push back and call me out for being an idiot...

That's not what I'm getting at.  

I love hockey history.  Someone I wish I watched live was Jean Belliveau.  He looked like a giant out there with smooth hands and smooth skating.  You were even probably just a touch too young to have watched him during his best years with Richard.  On a personal level, my first captain growing up was Mark Messier.  I was too young to understand the hatred against him and Keenan, and I was too young to know who guys Linden, Quinn and McLean were.  Any fan that has followed the Canucks before this year... has some understanding of this team's history of failure.

Which brings me to my point about this Canucks team: Didn't most of us clamor for a rebuild these past few seasons?  Did management care what any of us wanted?  Why would you think the Leafs fanbase has any bearing on how the management runs the team?  Whether or not you think Dubas or Treliving are bad managers, do you not believe everyone in that organization wants to win?  You're attacking the integrity of the team and its fanbase as one that's not interested in winning. 

Trust me - Dubas didn't trade all those picks/prospects away because he wanted to make the second round of the playoffs.  Do you think Linden/McLean went into the locker room after game 7 and thought, "Yeah, I just didn't want to win more than Messier/Richter"?  Or hey - what is the reputation of our own fanbase after Finals losses?  How is that relevant to day-to-day hockey operations?  Does the failure of one generation of hockey players have anything to do with the next?  Why make connections across decades that make no sense?

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

I was deflecting. Difference is I can admit when I do. You aren't capable of that. 

What am I deflecting on here?  You are trying to make a direct causation between Rielly not playing and Toronto winning games - that they are winning games because Rielly sucks.  What facts are you presenting here?  Or are you just spewing nonsense with no actual substance?

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

nope- I think he should sit out more games because what he did was stupid and dangerous. Their record is irrelevant to my opinion on his too short suspension.

I don't 'follow' the leafs but I can generally say there can be many factors regarding their current streak.

1 Quality of competition

2 quality of Reilly's replacement

3 the whole team picking up their game

4 the goalie picking up his game

5 the schedule-are they getting more days of rest and practice- are the games mostly on home ice

6 pure statistical anomaly/  luck

8gqag9.jpg.f877b0cc3307ed7a228762f9f4ca6758.jpg

For any variables, some folks here seem hellbent on linking it all to Morgan Rielly sucking.  Yes, you can say the suspension galvanized the club cohesion.  From a Leafs perspective, Ridly Greig might've ironically turned the entire season around for Toronto.  I feel like the suspension was fair, but more importantly, the Leafs feel like it wasn't.  And now they're playing harder than ever.  I don't think anyone expected them to score more goals with their best D-man out than with him in.  Matthews has scored 9G in 5 games.  Bobby McMann, who had 2 goals all year, has added SEVEN to that total.  And they've achieved this because.... Rielly is bad?  That's argument being presented on this thread.

That being said, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for defensive depth.  Marshall Rifai made his NHL debut the other night, at age 26, playing 10 minutes as a D-man.  And there are some people here actually trying to imply that this is a better solution than bringing back Rielly... all because they're winning games.  Stupid.  Braindead even. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...