Disciplinary Action

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this pretty much. If Reilly gets more than 5 games I'd say its an outright necessity. If the leafs let the Islanders back in this, the risk of missing the playoffs is way too high. 

Watch, and I'm not kidding. Leafs will be better without Reilly. Easliy one of the most overrated dmen in the NHL. Constantly out of position in his own end and I couldn't believe he was at the All Star game. Leafs will win more games without Reilly and all we will hear about is how the Leafs rallied up and no media will touch the truth and call out Reilly's deficiencies. 

• Thanks 1
  • chaos 1

It's a 2 possibly 3 game suspension for Morgan Reilly MAX! Ridly Grieg isn't hurt. He's not going to miss anytime & had Reilly just dropped his stick & punched Grieg with his glove/fist we wouldn't even be talking here. Grieg 100% deserved a beating for that bush league move.. It's the fact Reilly used his stick to the shoulder/head.. Can't let that go.. 2 Games, 3 at most. Nothing to see here, move along! 

22 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Watch, and I'm not kidding. Leafs will be better without Reilly. Easliy one of the most overrated dmen in the NHL. Constantly out of position in his own end and I couldn't believe he was at the All Star game. Leafs will win more games without Reilly and all we will hear about is how the Leafs rallied up and no media will touch the truth and call out Reilly's deficiencies. 

Busteroo puck sucker?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Thought this might be a good place to discuss fines, suspensions, etc. If I missed something somewhere else, apologies.

With Big Z getting 2 games, I wonder what Reilly will get. An in person hearing "has been offered" (?) and will be held tomorrow.

What do you think should happen? I feel 5-10 games at least. I mean, I'd like the Bertuzzi treatment for hunting down a player in a fit of rage and walloping him in the head, but we all know they won't apply the same standard here. Even though maybe they should.

I would give Reilly minimum 5 games. It was well after the play, who cares if he used a slapshot to bury the empty netter, Ottawa hasn't had a lot to celebrate for the last few years. Reilly showed really poor sportsmanship in going after him to that extreme and a really high crosscheck. It's one thing to go over and say something and maybe give a little bump, but that was way over the line.

On Zadorov, I might not be in the majority, but in trying to be objective, I don't think Zadorov was trying to clip Raymond, I think he was trying to level him, which would have been an okay play. Players need to take responsibility for plays, even when they are trying to just throw a hit and miss judge angle and timing. I think 2 games was fair.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

I hope he gets a decent suspension. That was not a hockey play. And here's some ideas for next time... holy I can't stop laughing!

Greig clearly saw Patrick Stefan's famous empty net attempt and didn't want to have the same failure. Ya know, just wanted to make sure he scored.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

I hope he gets a decent suspension. That was not a hockey play. And here's some ideas for next time... holy I can't stop laughing!

The Moonwalk was my favorite.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Imagine, if you will, a world wherein Elias Pettersson slapped a puck into an empty Edmonton net and Darnell Nurse crosschecked him in the head/neck against the boards. So you'd be okay with it because Pettersson deserved his punishment for a bush league move? If you are at all consistent, you would be blaming Petey for his own misfortune. See how goofy that sounds?

And you know what seems even more disrespectful than an empty-net slapshot? A goalie scoring on an empty net. How humiliating is it when the other team's goalie scores on you? Nobody gets upset at that.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

It's a 2 possibly 3 game suspension for Morgan Reilly MAX! Ridly Grieg isn't hurt. He's not going to miss anytime & had Reilly just dropped his stick & punched Grieg with his glove/fist we wouldn't even be talking here. Grieg 100% deserved a beating for that bush league move.. It's the fact Reilly used his stick to the shoulder/head.. Can't let that go.. 2 Games, 3 at most. Nothing to see here, move along! 

Grieg didn't deserve any beating for that. Toronto sucks and Reilly cross checked the kid to the head because Reilly is a little bitch who can't control his emotions. He'll deservedly get 5+ games for being a headhunting piece of shit. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

And you know what seems even more disrespectful than an empty-net slapshot? A goalie scoring on an empty net. How humiliating is it when the other team's goalie scores on you? Nobody gets upset at that.

A lot of whingeing from Leafs nation about the possibility of a lengthy suspension for Reilly and a lot of talk about how Grieg's actions had to be responded to....

It seems to me that this would have been an ideal situation to "take a number" as has been the traditional response for decades....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

If Reilly or Reaves, or any other turd in a Laffs jersey thinks that Grieg was bush league, maybe they should stop sucking at hockey. Grieg's slapshot was funny as hell. It only hurt the gossamer thin feelings of the Laffs turds.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Came across this the other day and found interesting and more than a little surprising.

IMG_0909.jpeg

Clearly shows that for the past 7 years the Canucks have not been picked on by rulings for suspensions. Per this chart the Canucks have received less suspensions than any other Canadian team and more than only 10 teams in the entire league.

I think those who like to pretend that the Canucks are picked on by the league should swallow hard and admit well maybe this shows that take is flawed.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

A lot of whingeing from Leafs nation about the possibility of a lengthy suspension for Reilly and a lot of talk about how Grieg's actions had to be responded to....

It seems to me that this would have been an ideal situation to "take a number" as has been the traditional response for decades....

Or play better the 59 minutes prior so you are not forced to pull the goalie and have an empty net goal against.

But that's just my crazy logic.

The saying I heard from the football world......if you don't like it then stop it.

• Cheers 3