Disciplinary Action

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Spot on, on both accounts... Had it been the other way around, and a Canuck had been clipped, we would also be screaming murder... 

He wasn't targeting the head, but it became the main point of contact, so he'll get a suspension... 

Outside of Boston, I don't think there's many players in the league who go out to intentionally injure another player or target the head, but in a really fast game, sometimes a hit doesn't play out the way it's intended.

I always try and look at hits objectively, no matter the team and you are correct, if this was a hit on Hughes or Pettersson, Canuck fans would be screaming bloody murder!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Leafs will win without Reilly, book it. Media will run with the "team has come together to overcome" narrative. No media will touch the truth in that Reilly is one of the most overrated dmen in the league. 

He is overrated for sure.

Keefe whining about the leaves being picked on was pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Leafs will win without Reilly, book it. Media will run with the "team has come together to overcome" narrative. No media will touch the truth in that Reilly is one of the most overrated dmen in the league. 

Yup.  He really shouldn't be in the NHL with the way he plays in his own zone.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I hope he gets a decent suspension. That was not a hockey play. And here's some ideas for next time... holy I can't stop laughing!

It's always been a dream to score like this in my beer league soccer:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Please elaborate, I feel like I'm missing something here haha (i try to not follow the Lafs as much as possible)

He just has a completely ridiculous and unreasonable stance against offensive defencemen in the NHL.  Is Morgan Rielly overrated?  Absolutely.  Is he AHL trash?  Absolute nonsense.  He thought Quinn Hughes should've played in the AHL the year he got nominated for the Calder.

image.png.b33a22c2fc2fa185ce13f4c1d2130452.png

Not the numbers of a top-10 defenceman for sure.  But obviously much better than the real AHL players they're about to use in the next game: Lagesson, Benoit, and Timmins.  The Leafs are fucked if they lose Rielly this month.

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What exactly is bush league about scoring into an empty net?  I’m genuinely curious. 

Was the shot too hard?  Too much velocity?  Is there a maximum height allowed for winding up the stick?  Would a wrist shot have been better?   Should he have missed the net so not to hurt the Maple Leaves feelings?

same thing happens when someone flips the puck into the net 3 seconds after the whistle has gone.  “Why did you clock me over the head with your stick?”  ‘……Because you showed poor sportsmanship by putting the puck into the net late”. 🤪

• Haha 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

He just has a completely ridiculous and unreasonable stance against offensive defencemen in the NHL.  Is Morgan Rielly overrated?  Absolutely.  Is he AHL trash?  Absolute nonsense.  He thought Quinn Hughes should've played in the AHL the year he got nominated for the Calder.

image.png.b33a22c2fc2fa185ce13f4c1d2130452.png

Not the numbers of a top-10 defenceman for sure.  But obviously much better than the real AHL players they're about to use in the next game: Lagesson, Benoit, and Timmins.  The Leafs are fucked if they lose Rielly this month.

Thanks for clarifying! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

That's hilarious. And look, nobody cross-checked him in the face afterwards!

Oh, I'm a total hypocrite.  If someone does that to my team I'm going to be outraged and get right in their face.  Not cross-check in the face levels of outrage but tons of shoving for sure.  "You just don't do that!" (meanwhile I'm just jealous that wasn't me)

36 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Please elaborate, I feel like I'm missing something here haha (i try to not follow the Lafs as much as possible)

Rielly should not be in the NHL with the way he plays in his own zone.  Whoever they call up will be an upgrade.

• Haha 1

I was struck by the headline "The length of the suspension is not decided until the player has a chance to explain his actions"....Well, I'd love to hear that explanation....

"Uh....well....he took a slapshot into the empty net....and it uh, pissed me off, so I...uh...accidentally skated halfway across the ice to have a stern word with him....but my stick kinda came up and accidentally hit him in the face....." :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Anyone know the time for he meeting?  It is a virtual meeting now because of the snow storm in New York.

What I really want to know is whether this will be done through Zoom, Teams or Skype.  We need details.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The Leafs are fucked if they lose Rielly this month.

We shall see. I'm betting Leafs better than ever this season for the stretch without Reilly. They will give the minutes to a dman that actually helps prevent goals and will be better for it. Offence will be fine without Reilly. Total fluffball.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Outside of Boston, I don't think there's many players in the league who go out to intentionally injure another player or target the head, but in a really fast game, sometimes a hit doesn't play out the way it's intended.

I always try and look at hits objectively, no matter the team and you are correct, if this was a hit on Hughes or Pettersson, Canuck fans would be screaming bloody murder!

To be objective, always try to see, how it'd feel, if it was the other way around. It normally give it some perspective... although it can be hard if you feel hard done to 😂

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Since 2020 only AJ Greer (Cross Checking) and Jeremy Lauzon  have been suspended for any head contact, kinda weird to label them as the outlier when it is only 2 instances in about 5 seasons. 

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

We shall see. I'm betting Leafs better than ever this season for the stretch without Reilly. They will give the minutes to a dman that actually helps prevent goals and will be better for it. Offence will be fine without Reilly. Total fluffball.

Yet another one of your brutal takes.  They don't have a single puck-moving defenceman outside of Rielly and their defensive struggles have increased threefold this year.  Rielly has always been there - he is not the reason they are much worse compared to seasons past.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Yet another one of your brutal takes.  They don't have a single puck-moving defenceman outside of Rielly and their defensive struggles have increased threefold this year.  Rielly has always been there - he is not the reason they are much worse compared to seasons past.

Time will tell, stay tuned. 

8 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Rielly has always been there - he is not the reason they are much worse compared to seasons past.

That's not what I said. I said Leafs will be better without Rielly in the lineup relative to their play this season. Stay tuned.