[Waivers] MacEwen

Crazy that he still only is 27.  he has attributes I like.  maybe not ready for a competitive playoff run, but Id be curious what player development/coaching staff could squeeze out of him (if claimed)

14 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

I am always saying we lack toughness and we need more of it in the playoffs!! I am gain to bring Zack back to replace PDG if so. Zack will add a different element to the puzzle we need. 

What kind of "toughness" would mac bring in the playoffs, exactly?

He would only have a hope of brining toughness in the playoffs if he could play.  That would be the sticking point, I'm afraid.  We need to trade for Trenin or Greenway in order to acquire toughness that can actually play.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Cheers 1

Not surprised he cleared. It's not his 1st time clearing waivers if I'm correct and the only time he was ever claimed was when Philly claimed him from us.

Also, thank god we didn't claim him.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not surprised he cleared. It's not his 1st time clearing waivers if I'm correct and the only time he was ever claimed was when Philly claimed him from us.

Actually now that he's cleared I'd love to add him. I'd swap McDonut for him. Abby could use him, and it would be good to have him around as a lil nuclear deterrent. 

16 hours ago, stawns said:

What kind of "toughness" would mac bring in the playoffs, exactly?

His physical play and willing to do what it takes to grind the other team down. That is what you also will need to be successful in the playoffs. You don't need to be fighter but he is also willing to stick up for his teammates. 

38 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

His physical play and willing to do what it takes to grind the other team down. That is what you also will need to be successful in the playoffs. You don't need to be fighter but he is also willing to stick up for his teammates. 

Then why aren't playoff teams picking him up?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

He cleared earlier this season despite rigorous CFF debate, which made being able to make this topic again entertaining 

His clearing again wasn't a surprise at all, he's an NHL tweener and there are a lot of those 

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

Crazy that he still only is 27.  he has attributes I like.  maybe not ready for a competitive playoff run, but Id be curious what player development/coaching staff could squeeze out of him (if claimed)

He's just not really an NHL player.......that little bugaboo 

3 hours ago, TopChed said:

Actually now that he's cleared I'd love to add him. I'd swap McDonut for him. Abby could use him, and it would be good to have him around as a lil nuclear deterrent. 

Cbs No GIF by HULU

The only reason why anyone here is suggesting any of this is because he used to play for us. That's it. He's not even much of a deterrent.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He cleared earlier this season despite rigorous CFF debate, which made being able to make this topic again entertaining 

His clearing again wasn't a surprise at all, he's an NHL tweener and there are a lot of those 

Yeah exactly. I'm willing to bet that anyone who wants him hasn't even seen him play since he left.

• Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I think NHL tweener is a little generous. If it weren't for fighting he wouldn't get a sniff.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, The Lock said:

Cbs No GIF by HULU

The only reason why anyone here is suggesting any of this is because he used to play for us. That's it. He's not even much of a deterrent.

No, the only reason is that he trows the gloves and fight rather than play hockey.