[Waivers] MacEwen

Just now, greenbean30 said:

He is not better than any of the players on our current roster.. People just like players that used to play for us and were a fan favourite, even if they weren't any good. He adds size, but that's literally the only thing he adds, worse at every other part of the game than our current players.

A big reason why we are good this year imo is because have size and toughness and the coaches count as toughness too.  Tocchet and Foote are mean SOB's.

Every one of your guys play with toughness and grit now, we play bigger, we play with confidence.

Zack won't help us more when it comes to X's and O's or goal scoring but he will help the players above him in the lineup play bigger and more confidentaly.  

A player like MacEwan playing 8 minutes a night helps more than a PDG playing 8-10 minutes a night imo

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Aman >>>>> MacEwan.

I like MacEwan, but there's no reason at all to pick him up and sending Aman down to bring MacEwan in, only weakens our 4th line.

I like Aman, but did you see him get pushed around by Boston? That's playoff like hockey and being pushed around for a seven game series is tough. Still don't think we are tough enough. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

A player like MacEwan playing 8 minutes a night helps more than a PDG playing 8-10 minutes a night imo

64 games as a canuck PDG is averaging 13:39

55 games as a canuck MacEwan averaged 8:50

This season with Ottawa he has average 6:23. Pretty much unheard of, Ryan reeves is over a minute above that 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I like Aman, but did you see him get pushed around by Boston? That's playoff like hockey and being pushed around for a seven game series is tough. Still don't think we are tough enough. 

I'd rather Amen get pushed around than have MacEwan out there staning tall and giving up a couple goals instead.

Just now, Coryberg said:

This season with Ottawa he has average 6:23. Pretty much unheard of, Ryan reeves is over a minute above that 🤣🤣🤣

PDG has 8 points in 34 games, Zack has 3 in 22.  Zack brings intangibles that someone like PDG doesn't.  Intangibles that are more.valuable. than something you can get out of PDG or 100 different AHL tweeners

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Aman doesn't require waivers???

Could we pick up Zack without losing anyone? It would be nice to have him back but not if it costs us anyone off our roster

Why do you want him back? Do you want Tocchets hair to turn white? 

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

I would love to bring him back, especially for the playoffs. But not at the risk of having to waive, and probably lose someone off the roster already.

Why?  He woulsnt play?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

cheap depth. truculence. 

That means nothing in the press box.  Again, he's not good enough to play Ottawa......let that sink I 

I'd be shocked if PA picks him up 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That means nothing in the press box.  Again, he's not good enough to play Ottawa......let that sink I 

he's played 22 games this year. 

Don't forget, Joshua was also a major work in progress before this coaching staff got through to him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

That doesn't mean much to me, different fits for players on different teams. Mark my words as teams will amp up the physicality against the Canucks come season end. We will wish we had a guy like this. But I get the angst. 

I wanted him last time Ottawa waived... obviously they keep bringing him up for the bigger games like Toronto.... which they won.

I would prefer to waive Aman and have the zack Mac

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

He might be our Philly solution, for 8 minutes in a game and a big presence on ice...... Maybe we just use him on anyone we lost to all year.

Jan 21, 24 @ PHI 1 0 1 +1 0 0 0 1 14 8:09
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coryberg said:

He does and would get snapped up in a heartbeat.

His waiver threshold was 70 nhl games... he is at 98.

I am ok with someone "snapping Aman up" because I dont think any other team would actually value Aman. He will safely land back with Baby Canucks.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

Those PDG stats are misleading. He started the year on the Miller line which inflated his stats. Since he’s been pushed back to the 4th line he’s only playing 7-8 minutes a night. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d play him over PDG. PDG offers nothing now that he is off the Miller line. He’s a borderline NHL’er at best. 

I think people have mythologized mac a bit.   He's not very good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Whole team was off. I agree that we need to muscle up a bit, but not at the sake of overall team.

Would love to have Zack back but only if it doesn't mean sending any of the current team down to the Abbotsford. Aman deserves to be on this team!

• Upvote 1