[Speculation] Current asking price for CGY’s Chris Tanev

43 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What now? 

I think he was just saying how important Tanev was to the younger players and Brock specifically.

Bringing back Tanev would bring an underrated emotional boost to the entire team.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think he was just saying how important Tanev was to the younger players and Brock specifically.

Bringing back Tanev would bring an underrated emotional boost to the entire team.

Oh for sure. Unfortunately Cowtown knows that too and my guess is that the price will be too high.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

someone has been saying this for months. can't think of who ...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tas said:

can you elaborate or post a link?

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Yes tell us more 

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

What now? 

Biz asked Brock which player was the best influence on him when he first entered the league and he emphatically answered (paraphrasing)

"Chris Tanev!. That guy is a top 5 beauty in the league, he took me petey and huggy under his wing and was like a dad to us. We actually called him dad. That guy would be the last guy at the bar with us and the first one in the gym and you couldn't even tell he went out drinking the night before, he's a freak in the gym."

Just the tone in his voice, plus the rumors that Hughes wants him back. You can tell the boys miss him.

After listening to that it put me in such a bad mood, Benning was just so out of touch.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

Biz asked Brock which player was the best influence on him when he first entered the league and he emphatically answered (paraphrasing)

"Chris Tanev!. That guy is a top 5 beauty in the league, he took me petey and huggy under his wing and was like a dad to us. We actually called him dad. That guy would be the last guy at the bar with us and the first one in the gym and you couldn't even tell he went out drinking the night before, he's a freak in the gym."

Just the tone in his voice, plus the rumors that Hughes wants him back. You can tell the boys miss him.

After listening to that it put me in such a bad mood, Benning was just so out of touch.

thank you very much. it's seemed very obviously the case to me since benning let him walk. the players couldn't hide their disgust. 

I've said it for months, chris tanev is the emotional boost this team needs.

they would feel invincible. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, tas said:

thank you very much. it's seemed very obviously the case to me since benning let him walk. the players couldn't hide their disgust. 

I've said it for months, chris tanev is the emotional boost this team needs.

they would feel invincible. 

I want a cup.

Give Calgary podkolzin and next year's first ++ I don't even care 

Bring Tequila home

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

On 2/13/2024 at 8:47 AM, canucks curse said:

Canucks should just get this done, its good for the room and then we can re sign him and let Myers go, trade garland and milky and hopefully zads sees he's not a top 4 d and just signs long term with us at a reasonable cap hit, we sign Cole at a lower cap for 2 - 3 years, looks like T Wally in Bean town is ready for AHL/NHL shot...

2nd + Hirose and Klimovich for Tanev Wirth retention is reasonable 

Trade Garland? Why on earth would you suggest that?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I want a cup.

Bring Tequila home

A little early to give up on Podz, is it not?  Coach just praised him as getting closer to coming back up to the NHL.  If he comes back like Hogs has come back, it would feel like we were fleeced in that trade.  I love Tanev but not enough to give up a relatively sure prospect.  Hirose and a 2nd, sure I can accept that.  Not sure Calgary would want that unless they're doing Tanev a favour.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

A little early to give up on Podz, is it not?  Coach just praised him as getting closer to coming back up to the NHL.  If he comes back like Hogs has come back, it would feel like we were fleeced in that trade.  I love Tanev but not enough to give up a relatively sure prospect.  Hirose and a 2nd, sure I can accept that.  Not sure Calgary would want that unless they're doing Tanev a favour.

Woo and a second (2025)? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Woo and a second (2025)? 

Speaking of…the NHL is scripted!

Woo will be a Bruin…?

Look at the board advert in the Boston Garden game tonight vs SEA:

IMG_9818.thumb.jpeg.6793153dea4f8d75eefdcfdfe276edcd.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I want a cup.

Bring Tequila home

uhhh No lol.

At a reasonable price, sure, bring Tanev back. But that proposal...gross lol.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Tanev would be so great in the room.

The emotional boost we need.

Podkolzin is obsolete and has been jumped over by many.

The first is rough but there will be a bidding war

This is stupid.

Hoglander and Podz were both sent down to learn. They have. Hogz actually was not very offensively talented in AHL and it gave him motivation. same with Podz and when he gets here, he is worth more than both Chris Tanev and Brandon Tanev.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Tanev would be so great in the room.

The emotional boost we need.

Podkolzin is obsolete and has been jumped over by many.

The first is rough but there will be a bidding war

Your lack of talent evaluation is intriguing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, lionized27 said:

Your lack of talent evaluation is intriguing. 

Oh ya?

Well this management team has been poking around on him.

Bains Karlsson and Räty have all passed Pods.

Tanev would be a huge boost, Hughes wants him, Brock wants him.

I don't care how they do it I'm just spit Ballin but they need to find a way to get Tanev

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Oh ya?

Well this management team has been poking around on him.

Bains Karlsson and Räty have all passed Pods.

Tanev would be a huge boost, Hughes wants him, Brock wants him.

I don't care how they do it I'm just spit Ballin but they need to find a way to get Tanev

Not at what you've proposed, which is a tremendous overpayment. 

Let other teams involve themselves in a bidding war for Tanev. 

As much as he's beloved here, he's simply not worth that asset cost. 

Period. 

22 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Not at what you've proposed, which is a tremendous overpayment. 

Let other teams involve themselves in a bidding war for Tanev. 

As much as he's beloved here, he's simply not worth that asset cost. 

Period. 

By this logic.

Do you think we overpaid for Lindholm?

48 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Nope.

Fairly confident an extension is being discussed with Lindholm.

How much longer do you believe Tanev will play?

I'd guess 3-6 years. 

Edited by tas

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Woo and a second (2025)? 

Honestly haven't followed Woo enough to know.  I guess the questions for me at the moment is would anyone go on waivers and who sits?  I'm loving what Juulsen is doing on the ice right now.  I don't think he deserves the press box and you have to reward guys with ice time when they are playing well.  If we think Soucy is coming back, we have an excellent top 7 and our #8 is no slouch.  So I love Tanev, but I think this team can keep running with the guys they have now unless they think Soucy won't be back in time.  I can see another forward like Kessel making sense if he's in form enough.  I can also see adding depth guys at forward and defence that can be on standby in the pressbox.  Otherwise stand pat unless there's a significant injury closer to the deadline.  No need to burn picks and prospects right now.

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

They don't need to do anything.  Not right now anyway.  

Other teams don't push the Canucks around anymore and the Canucks are doing a fantastic job of owning the dangerous zones.  The D don't panic and they move the puck well.  We should be appreciative of what we have in front of us now.....it's been a rarity in my 35-40 years watching this team.  Canucks are #1, Calgary is not.  Tanev is fantastic but don't mess with the culture, especially with impatient, poorly thought out panic moves like trading away a top prospect.  Podz is way too young to write off.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Consider the asset(s) you're willing to give up, I'm gathering you'd consider this a "worthy return" for, possibly, 4 years of Tanev...to 38a.

(He is 35 come 12/20/25).

i'm thankful that it would never cost that much. 

• Cheers 1