[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Bedardless Chickens, United Center, Feb 13, 5:30PM PST (8:30M EST) - the Win it for the Gipper (Big Zeke) Game

Rocket-68

46 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Didn't realize that the last time Mikeyev scored was on December 17 against Chicago. 21 games. Hopefully he's the next to be traded. 

1 goal in 25 games as a 'top 6' forward... he's where he should be now... 4th line.  Problem is, he's now WAY overpriced for what he brings to the table.  I recall having debates with people on here about Garland vs Mikheyev for next one out the door.  Their argument was Garland is a 3rd liner and Mikheyev is a top 6 guy... lol, just cuz a player plays in that spot doesn't make him that kinda player.  Likewise, the Garland line has basically been the 2nd best offensive line on this team.

Anyways, here we are, a couple weeks later, and Mik is down on the 4th line and probably next out the door 🤣

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Just shows how out of touch Benning was. Still can't believe he let him walk

The crazy part is Benning went to the media and announced he had made an offer to Tanev who was going to think about it, sleep on it, and let him know in the morning. True quote.

Problem was Tanev signed with Calgary an hour later..

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

1 goal in 25 games as a 'top 6' forward... he's where he should be now... 4th line.  Problem is, he's now WAY overpriced for what he brings to the table.  I recall having debates with people on here about Garland vs Mikheyev for next one out the door.  Their argument was Garland is a 3rd liner and Mikheyev is a top 6 guy... lol, just cuz a player plays in that spot doesn't make him that kinda player.  Likewise, the Garland line has basically been the 2nd best offensive line on this team.

Anyways, here we are, a couple weeks later, and Mik is down on the 4th line and probably next out the door 🤣

Garland is an engine, Mik is a passenger 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

As advertised in ...

Every GDT ever made. 

My question is "where is Peter Griffin with the MASSIVE GAME! HUGE!"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

The Swedish Touch line

20240213_143424~2.jpg

image.png.6d17b4975383e6f27a710f8439e1baec.png

Ran into Donald Brashear and Peter Schaefer one fine night after a Canucks hockey game at the ballet above the BC Officially Registered RMT joint. Epic night, story for another GDT ... perhaps.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The crazy part is Benning went to the media and announced he had made an offer to Tanev who was going to think about it, sleep on it, and let him know in the morning. True quote.

Problem was Tanev signed with Calgary an hour later..

Crazy part is letting a vet of the team hang like that into free agency (no matter if it was the 1st day of free agency or not) before offering him a contract.  "I ran out of time" Benning.🤣

Good thing we went with OEL instead right? 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • chaos 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

My question is "where is Peter Griffin with the MASSIVE GAME! HUGE!"

The game was so massive I almost forgot ...

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

MASSIVE GAME

CAN'T TAKE LIGHTLY

MUST WIN

NO BEDARD

BEDARDLESS

BROCK 3O

BROCK MEDIA

SHUT UP MEDIA

JACKALS

MIKHEYEV 

gioated-family-guy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

What’s with the 530 start (that’s 830 in Chicago) rushed home from a meeting thinking I’d miss the first 5-10 mins and just realized the start time 

7:30 in Chicago....

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

What’s with the 530 start (that’s 830 in Chicago) rushed home from a meeting thinking I’d miss the first 5-10 mins and just realized the start time 

Chicago is 2 hours ahead ... striking a balance for the networks across NA I guess. If it was TO, would be a 4pm start for us so happy with this for all our fans on the west coast.

• Like 1