[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Bedardless Chickens, United Center, Feb 13, 5:30PM PST (8:30M EST) - the Win it for the Gipper (Big Zeke) Game

Rocket-68

6 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

That’s a weird looking fourth line but it could be fun!  That’s a whole lot of giddy up and go on one line.

Hopefully having 2 bangers with Mik will free him up a bit more from the pressure of leading the forecheck and he can get going again. 

• Cheers 1

Oh god. Now Canucks coverage is going to be dominated by a washed little porker. The NHL has passed fatty by. And he doesn't have good habits. He mopes around in pratice and then leaves. What happened to standards ?

Edited by Blue
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I don't think there's a conspiracy going on... I think its shameless, they ice a roster this poor, (now that I said that, they'll probably beat us...).

what the point of having lofts in the NHL when you just over pay for scrubs, so you can finish bottom of the pile... 

Wonder if they'd keep Bedard on the i jured list longer than necessary, just to ensure they stay bottom. 
I'm still sick in my stomach over them being gifted Bedard... and now they could end up with Celebrini too...

Two years of sucking ass (this and perhaps next) and the next 15 , they'll play for full houses and likely be in the playoffs many years. 
Surely the playoffs revenue will cover for lost revenue... 

Their fans doesn't deserve another dynasty... just like Oilers 🤬🤬

Aha, gotcha. I know it's en vogue to hate on Chicago these days so I get it. I don't really have a problem with this situation though. We iced a crap roaster for several years in order to get Petey and Hughes too. Most teams do it as their stars age out like we did when the Sedins were done. Some teams are utterly shameless but Chicago tried right up to the end of Toews and Kane. They just happened to hit rock bottom at the perfect time to grab a generational player or two. They actually beat Pitt the last game of the season to vault ahead of Columbus.

Personally we didn't get Bedard so I don't really care who did. I guess I mean at least it went to a bottom feeder like it's supposed to and he didn't end up on say Calgary, or St. Louis, Seattle, NY Rangers, Vegas, or something like that. TB went from winning the Cup in 2004 amongst 4 strong playoff runs and then nosedived in the standings, landed Stamkos in 2008 and right back to the conference final in 2010. Super shameless and cheap.

I like you really hope they don't land Celebrini though. I like the kid and would like to see him elsewhere. Bedard should be back next week right on schedule ... they were sucking with him in the line-up anyway though.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You want him messin around with our guys with all his jokes and stuff in our dressing room. Not to mention the 1 minute shifts he's have to take?

Put me down for bad Idea.

Given the track record so far, if Tocc likes it maybe give it a chance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we saw

Kessel-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-Lindholm

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Mikheyev

Lafferty

Two slow players on the first line? I am not sure that this is a good idea. Kessel most likely is absolutely out of shape to begin with, and why we need him on the first line? What can he bring at this stage of his career?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Silent Man said:

Two slow players on the first line? I am not sure that this is a good idea. Kessel most likely is absolutely out of shape to begin with, and why we need him on the first line? What can he bring at this stage of his career?

He's a better fit there than Suter is IMO. He's not out of shape, it has been stated many times that he is in great shape. When Tocchet says it, I believe it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

rather have pdg than mik

Yeah yeah. Mik is the latest to be the runt by the mob. All players go through these slumps. He's been solid defensively. But whatever. Won't waste my time trying to talk sense to the mob. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

Hope the hotdog line is north-south not east-west.

I love the idea of 7-d, chaos or juuls  with the 4th. I mean i'd love juuls not myers but that won't happen