[PGT] Canucks at Shithawks - 02/13/24

PhillipBlunt

Just now, Blue said:

We should extend Hoglander on a long term 2.5-3 million dollar deal. He's an NHL player and will get hot in a contract year and demand double that 

JR has a history of doing exactly that. He extended Tanev to a six year 21 million dollar deal to keep the player and the yearly cap down. He might do the same with a guy like Joshua too. Players are concerned about total dollars. JR will extend the term to lower the yearly cap allocation. 
Hogs and Joshua get 2.5x6?

• Like 1

Da third line came to the rescue once again, while the top 2 lines barely produced anything except for Hoggy. They're still trying to figure out how to get the best out of Lindholm but the line chemistry is still work in progress.

EP40 is getting his goals and points, but I don't see him on top of his game yet. He still turns the puck over often, unforced, and does not engage in puck battles enough along the wall before falling down.

Petey rarely pulls his patented dekes anymore either, but that's not a big concern at this point. Most importantly, like the coach said, he needs to skate more and simplify some parts of his game.

If I sound complaining too much after 3-1-1 road trip, it's because playoffs is closing in fast. We all know how regular season stats become totally meaningless once the 1st rounds begin. Not quite sure how thing will go with this team if Joshua Three is still outperforming Miller and Petey lines in the playoffs.

Edited by 1-d
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR has a history of doing exactly that. He extended Tanev to a six year 21 million dollar deal to keep the player and the yearly cap down. He might do the same with a guy like Joshua too. Players are concerned about total dollars. JR will extend the term to lower the yearly cap allocation. 
Hogs and Joshua get 2.5x6?

Yep do that, and do it now before the Petterson talks in the summer.

And before Dak n Hogs scores 10+ in the playoffs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Tocchet, "..... I don't know, I haven't seen him skate ... ahh ... I have to see him skate down there [Abby] ..." .... you lying sack of donkey s .... ahhh ... well he doesn't want to get out over PA / JR's skis ... LOL

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Yep do that, and do it now before the Petterson talks in the summer.

And before Dak n Hogs scores 10+ in the playoffs

IMHAO we are already taking (very privately) to Petey’s representatives. Very likely there is an announcement of a Petey extension before the TDL. 

• Cheers 1

We have the most players (11) with at least 10 goals of any team in the league.. can you say depth? Who needs a top line when everyone contributes. Blueger will probably get to 10 goals as well by year and and so could Filip

Id like to see our PP score more though

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Reznor said:

Great results, sure. But really, this team can look amazing like in the 1st tonight, and then end up sitting back to let the other team have a chance. Or (as has been the case lately), give up the 1st goal and have to battle back. I truly think this is the best team in the league, but I hope they find a bit better consistency come playoff time. And what's with the PP? Try something new. We were 4th in the league not that long ago, now we're at 8th. Still OK, but combined with being firmly in the lower half of the teams in PK, our special teams *should* be where this team could shine. (And typically, championship teams do. In the 2011 run, we were #1 in both and we still didn't quite get there)

image.jpeg.8d8c80705d3b5e455d8eb52489e20714.jpeg

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

On another note, where is the dude that has the spreadsheet with "hey, we only need 3 more wins and guaranteed playoffs ... so .175 hockey is good enough now" ... or something like that. Haven't noticed that in awhile. 

AJ posted one the last game

• Like 1

Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

And Avs

And we will win them all. Then we will dominate in the playoffs and Quinn Hughes will hoist the Cup this June. Then we will have a cup parade down Georgia. And Alf will run his scooter over the toes of all the doubters. And he will feel joy crushing their loser feet. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1