[PGT] Canucks at Shithawks - 02/13/24

PhillipBlunt

27 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

And to think DJ wanted to punch out Garland at training camp. Tonight he’s punching someone in Defense of Garland. 

I forgot about that, but yeah, they’ve come a long way since then.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Jess featured and pinned this topic

I know there are some here that feel that we haven't been good lately. That things have not been convincing. I just want to remind those people that we just took 7 out of 10 points in the latest 5 game road trip. 

To put that in perspective. the last five games for all the teams in the NHL, there was only 1 team that got 10 out of 10 points. It was the Rangers. Worldbeaters Senators, Flames and Flyers were 3 of 5 teams that got 8 points in their last 5 games. The only top teams that got more points than us were the Stars and the Panthers who both also got 8 points. 

What I'm trying to say here is that even though we may not be firing on all cylinders, we are still keeping pace if not breaking away from a lot of the "top" teams.

• Cheers 4

RESIGN JOSHUA AT ALL COSTS. 
He can have Lafferty’s money. Give the guy 3M if he asks for it he’s worth that much at least. Would be really happy with 2.5m X 3 years. 

Next year:

Joshua- Suter-Garland if Bluegar doesn’t resign.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

This team is neck-and-neck with the 2010-2011 team ... if they can squeeze an extra couple of wins over the remaining games, we have a very good chance of topping that team's 117 points ... I think this team will do it. I BELIEVE!

Falcons’ Arthur Smith had Ted Lasso ‘Believe’ sign at press conference

#WEARECANUCKS

That 2011 was battle tested and hardened though.......they paid their playoff dues

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Let's give Joshua an extension 

Sign the guys that both sides are happy to agree to money and terms and let the chips fall with others looking to cash in for more than team is willing too

You want players happy and that choose to play here

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

That 2011 was battle tested and hardened though.......they paid their playoff dues

What was their dues? Losing to a young black hawks team that wasn't battle tested on 2 different occasions? 

Why can't we be the young 2010 black hawks team rather than the 2011 Canucks? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

RESIGN JOSHUA AT ALL COSTS. 
He can have Lafferty’s money. Give the guy 3M if he asks for it he’s worth that much at least. Would be really happy with 2.5m X 3 years. 

Next year:

Joshua- Suter-Garland if Bluegar doesn’t resign.

Joshua is 27, never had a big pay day. The way you keep him is with term. He's a guy who will be key for us given his size and hands, every year in our window.

3 mil x 7 years takes him to 35 (maybe hurts you in the last year, but he is also very solid defensively, he'll age better then Maroon for example). He's get 21 mil and his family is taken care of for life. It would be pretty hard for him to say no to that. He's not getting term and much more than that on the open market for one year of good play.

Also game management is ridiculous. Canucks were heavily outplaying Chicago and then the interference penalty on Lafferty was ridiculous. 

If teams deserve to get blown out, let them get blown out

I was happy to see the canucks stick with it and keep going and not deviating from the game plan when they were completely dominating but didn't have many goals to show for it

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1
  • chaos 3

5 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Joshua is 27, never had a big pay day. The way you keep him is with term. He's a guy who will be key for us given his size and hands, every year in our window.

3 mil x 7 years takes him to 35 (maybe hurts you in the last year, but he is also very solid defensively, he'll age better then Maroon for example). He's get 21 mil and his family is taken care of for life. It would be pretty hard for him to say no to that. He's not getting term and much more than that on the open market for one year of good play.

Interesting thought... Do you think he's cleared the hurdle and now his personal bar has reached a new high where term and money won't kill his hunger or drive? 

If so, I'd be good with that