(Discussion) The Mikheyev slump

CanucksFan26

Just now, HKSR said:

Mikheyev

He’s playing great! We are your point up on the second place club in the whole league! Being this good requires guys who play a key defensive role. Mik is going great because we are great. Have to be a Moran to not see this. I guess we have some morans here. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He’s playing great! We are your point up on the second place club in the whole league! Being this good requires guys who play a key defensive role. Mik is going great because we are great. Have to be a Moran to not see this. I guess we have some morans here. 

Morons think paying a 4th liner 4.75m to play defence is good use of cap space.  Morons think 1 goal in 25 games at a 4.75m cap hit is what a cup winning team should have.  So many Morons here.

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Morons think paying a 4th liner 4.75m to play defence is good use of cap space.  Morons think 1 goal in 25 games at a 4.75m cap hit is what a cup winning team should have.  So many Morons here.

It’s “Moran”. And when a club is clear of second by four points it’s morans who look for problems. Or trolls. I’m going with morans for now though. You know, morans. As in really stupid people. Dumbest of the dumb. Stupidest of the stupid. Ugliest of the ugly. The biggest idiot of the idiots. The largest loser of the losers. Those kinds. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s “Moran”. And when a club is clear of second by four points it’s morans who look for problems. Or trolls. I’m going with morans for now though. You know, morans. As in really stupid people. Dumbest of the dumb. Stupidest of the stupid. Ugliest of the ugly. The biggest idiot of the idiots. The largest loser of the losers. Those kinds. 🤣

It's morons that think there's no room to improve a team when they're in 1st place.  Morons, as in the the really intellectually challenged.  The ones that don't know how to spell.  The ones that are hand in hand with Leafs fans.  Yes, I went there.  

38 minutes ago, Devron said:

We are always so quick to ship out players, Boeser Garland, now Mikheyev. I’m sticking with Mikheyev. I think he will still end up being an important player on our team 

I thought I saw considerable more speed from Mikheyev and a willingness to bump who ever necessary last game. Just an all year process I suppose.

As for Brock; he's a mainstay !!!! Garland's quickness has been extremely useful too.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Ok, so Mikheyev isn't scoring. Everyone knows this. All the stats watchers can visually see it. What we don't see is that Mikheyev doesn't make defensive mistakes that the other forwards have been guilty of doing. AND that's why he's been kept in the lineup.

if he's so great defensively why isn't he deployed in the D zone? Why doesn't he block shots or hit or create turnovers. Why is he 9th among our fwds in mins 4v5? 

Mikheyevs defensive game is overblown. 

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Problem with that is this year is literally the healthiest he has been in his entire career.  He hasn't played more than 60 games in a season his entire career.

He only missed 2 games in 2020-2021. Or were you thinking he needed to play a full 82 games even though the league wasn’t open until January?

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He only missed 2 games in 2020-2021. Or were you thinking he needed to play a full 82 games even though the league wasn’t open until January?

And it was his worst season in terms of production in his career.  Mikheyev is an odd ball.  

• Cheers 1

The reason Mikheyev is a desirable player is because of his defensive skill mixed with the fact that he can provide scoring depth. The problem is that he’s very inconsistent and has never really scored at a top 6 forward pace. Right now his slump is bad but I think it’s hard to use the injury because he wasn’t all that bad early in the year. I think like Kuz he is just not really a Tocchet guy and you can start seeing that by the fact that he has played a lot of bottom line and less minutes. For salary reasons he needs to be moved by the offseason. I would hope we try to move him at the deadline and pick up a little more scoring and free up more cap for next year. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

And it was his worst season in terms of production in his career.  Mikheyev is an odd ball.  

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser has also never played a full 82 game season either. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Where did you get the implication I was comparing Mikheyev to Boeser?  Other than neither one of them could stay healthy?  

You literally responded to my comment about Mikheyev using Boeser as a comparable... 

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You literally responded to my comment about Mikheyev using Boeser as a comparable... 

I never ever compared their stats. I compared the fact that they both can never stay healthy. Where in my posts am I comparing stats? 

Also, Boeser was literally on the trade block last year. So was Garland. So you always seem to have quite a short memory when it comes to players and how they are playing. Writing off Mikheyev when he’s not even 100% healthy yet is gonna come back to bite you in the behind. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never ever compared their stats. I compared the fact that they both can never stay healthy. Where in my posts am I comparing stats? 

Also, Boeser was literally on the trade block last year. So was Garland. So you always seem to have quite a short memory when it comes to players and how they are playing. Writing off Mikheyev when he’s not even 100% healthy yet is gonna come back to bite you in the behind. 

That depends. Who are we losing so that we can keep Mikheyev? Yes, after a full offseason healthy to finish rehabbing he likely comes back faster and maybe more productive. But, is that player more useful to the Canucks than Lindholm? Or more useful than Blueger and Joshua combined? Maybe someone can make the argument that he is, but that's the decision that's going to have to happen this offseason. Too many players need raises and we're going to have to say goodbye to someone valuable.

28 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

That depends. Who are we losing so that we can keep Mikheyev? Yes, after a full offseason healthy to finish rehabbing he likely comes back faster and maybe more productive. But, is that player more useful to the Canucks than Lindholm? Or more useful than Blueger and Joshua combined? Maybe someone can make the argument that he is, but that's the decision that's going to have to happen this offseason. Too many players need raises and we're going to have to say goodbye to someone valuable.

So if Mikheyev is complete garbage as some posters are saying, then how exactly do you expect to trade him?  Were we able to trade Boeser and Garland last year?  Garland was on the trade block and teams wanted us to retain $1.5 million. Pretty sure the same thing will happen with Mikheyev if he’s deemed unwanted in Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

We'd probably have to retain 1.5M and add a prospect. Or explore options in his medical rehab to strengthen that knee. (And ltir). He may bounce back next year. Which other teams might be willing to invest in. But right now he is 4th line material which is a waste of cap, because we have Bains or Podz as 4th line options.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Except I WAS talking about Mikheyev and his production, as well as his health.  People keep saying "if he's healthy" or "when he's healthy" and I pointed out he's basically been recovering from an injury almost his entire career.

Boeser and Garland have had productive years.  Do people just ignore the fact Mikheyev has never had more than 32 points in a season his entire career?  Even if talking "on pace", his absolute BEST pace is 50 points.  

When a guy hasn't scored in 2 months and has 1 goal in 25+ games making nearly $5m, that's terrible value when it comes to contract value.

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

It's morons that think there's no room to improve a team when they're in 1st place.  Morons, as in the the really intellectually challenged.  The ones that don't know how to spell.  The ones that are hand in hand with Leafs fans.  Yes, I went there.  

It's morons that also want to sell the farm, all our draft picks, and prospects for one run.....

Remember Tampa looked invincible, and faced Columbus in the first round. And Columbus won?

But Tampa was able to keep going and win two cups in a row.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's morons that also want to sell the farm, all our draft picks, and prospects for one run.....

Remember Tampa looked invincible, and faced Columbus in the first round. And Columbus won?

But Tampa was able to keep going and win two cups in a row.

Exactly! Benning is gone. 

• Haha 1