Canucks "aggressively" trying to make a trade right now: report

1 hour ago, Shekky said:

I watched Dhaliwal say that on "Donnie & Dhali". And I'm thinking who are you trying to move? And MORE importantly, who has the cap space and is any trade protection involved? Getting under the cap should be interesting.

40 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not sure but I feel like this might not be allowed with regards to Bear. Is it even legal to sign a contract knowing you're going to LITR right off the bat and recovering from surgery?

That would mean that teams can't sign injured players until they're ready to play. I don't think that's in the rules.

Myers being traded with a sweetener would make the most sense for the Canucks given what they are trying to accomplish (i.e. being a competitive right now + polishing Pettersson's nutsack in order to keep him happy).  Use Myers' cap space to bring in a top 4 d-man.   

I know many fans are down on Garland but I think he'll do well for us this year under Tocchet.  

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That would mean that teams can't sign injured players until they're ready to play. I don't think that's in the rules.

Yeah I'm probably wrong but it kind of sounded like cap circumvention. Where is @mll when you need him? I guess you'd have to clear the room to bring him back though in any case. I would prefer they don't sign Bear anyway. His defence is weak.