Canucks "aggressively" trying to make a trade right now: report

Shekky

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

you're right, I was mostly talking about the previous regime, although I found the return for Bo a bit underwhelming.

You also got to consider it was likely that deal was the best we could get. It might seem a bit light, but the alternative would be to overpay, and be f***ed capwise, or let him walk for nothing on July 1st.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I always thought a deal with Nashville around Boeser or Miller made sense.  Bowser for Fabbro makes a lot of sense for both teams

They had the 6th lowest GPG last year, before trading Johanssen and Duchene.

I understand they have a couple young wingers that could take a step in Evangelista and Tomasino, but their winger depth still looks thin:

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/predators

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually this is wrong. Which players did Allvin acquire that are a cap problem? 

Any of them where cap was not cleared to make room for them prior or there was no plan in place to later.  

2 offseason now running into the season over the cap.

Can't push this all off on JB.  JR/FA's impatient approach will leave us in similar situations every year.

Can definitely see Beau being involved here since they want to give Boes another shot and Garly had success with Tocc's system in AZ. To me Beau is the one who you have not heard much about in the off-season and has more value than the other two given his playoff pedigree and ability to move up/down the lineup. 

Edited by Odjickwillkillyou

13 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I didn't run all the numbers like I usually do but I had a thought on what might happen. If we retroactively LTIRed Mikheyev then took Pearson and Poolman off of LTIR then waived a few players we could have enough to sign Bear. Then on the first day of the season we could activate Mikheyev and LTIR Bear and Poolman. I'm not sure if the numbers would work yet.

“I didn’t run all the numbers”

you sound like leeeeroooooy Jeeeeeenkins 😂 

2 hours ago, lionized27 said:

The media? Of course. 

I believe Rutherford and Alvin have ice in their veins. They have the requisite experience to make this work without selling the farm.

Click bait speculation. 

That article was TOTAL Click Bait speculation.

Do I believe that they are looking to make trades right now? YES! Same with every other team in the league

Do I think they are panicking? NO! Main camp hasn't even started yet, there will be injuries, we don't have to make a trade, just for the sake of making a trade. Not at this point at least. If by some miracle, we get to Oct 10th and everyone has come through training camp without so much as breaking a nail, then they will have to make a hard, fast decision, but they really aren't there yet. Other teams will have needs that arise from camp injuries.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

You also got to consider it was likely that deal was the best we could get. It might seem a bit light, but the alternative would be to overpay, and be f***ed capwise, or let him walk for nothing on July 1st.

oh of course, i was a big Bo fan, but after the season he was having I was on the trade him bandwagon, bc I was sure this is just a fluke and he'll never be able to replicate it, so exactly what you just said: we had two options, either overpay him based on that contract year he won't be able to live up to, or trade him. I just simply wish we could've fetched more.

Edited by Rubik
  • Upvote 1

If this holds water, it's likely related to the Pearson LTIR change. Kind of hoping we don't dump Garland for a mid-late round pick just to get under the cap, but that's kind of my guess. Myers would take a sweetener to trade, so that feels crazy to me. Beauvillier feels like the best guy to trade, though I doubt we'd get much for him.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually this is wrong. Which players did Allvin acquire that are a cap problem? 

Blueger, Suter, Cole, and Soucy were all signed this offseason for a grand total of 9.75M cap hit. Should they all help the team and be better than league minimum guys? Yes. However, without first making the space to be able to bring them in it just adds to our cap problems. 

6 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Blueger, Suter, Cole, and Soucy were all signed this offseason for a grand total of 9.75M cap hit. Should they all help the team and be better than league minimum guys? Yes. However, without first making the space to be able to bring them in it just adds to our cap problems. 

Nah, we’ll just have the accountants fudge some numbers, it’ll be fine.. the league probably won’t notice

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

They had the 6th lowest GPG last year, before trading Johanssen and Duchene.

I understand they have a couple young wingers that could take a step in Evangelista and Tomasino, but their winger depth still looks thin:

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/predators

Boeser for sissons and a 3rd?

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Boeser for sissons and a 3rd?

I think this is the type of trade that could make sense…a bottom 6 PK player for a skilled middle 6 winger.

Sissons would give us the RHC we’re missing, and upgrade our 3C with a solid, local vet. If they don’t want to trade Sissons, I’d target Trenin (heavy winger and strong PKer…26 pending UFA at $1.75M).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Beauvillier is probably the most tradeable winger since he only has a year left, but that doesn't look good in terms of the Horvat trade. Pearson would be next but I'm sure teams have doubts about his hand / conditioning.

Beau is more of a middle six tweener, the Bo trade will always primarily be judged on how Hronek and Raty do imo

Hoping Beau is moved, I believe he's the easiest forward to move as well

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1