Canucks "aggressively" trying to make a trade right now: report

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Name me a single time Allvin and Rutherford ended up with the short end of the stick. Aman? Joshua? Lazar? Schenn? Wolanin? Kuzmenko? Beauvillier, Raty and a 1st? Hronek? McWard? Hirose? Sasson? 

It's time to get over the Post Benning Stress Disorder.  This current management group is competent. Don't group them together with the absolute joke of a clown we had for 7 years prior...

you're right, I was mostly talking about the previous regime, although I found the return for Bo a bit underwhelming.

Edited by Rubik

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless that agressiveness includes a 1st round pick, nothing is happening.

Boeser has been even shopped by his agent, nothing happened.

No one wants our overpriced wingers or a certain over price defenceman.

So unless we're giving up something we don't want to give up, I don't see it happening.

Something has to give no?  

It doesn't seem like we can be cap compliant.  Even if we can, it would probably only be for 10 games until Mikheyev comes off of LTIR.

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

It doesn't seem like we can be cap compliant.  Even if we can, it would probably only be for 10 games until Mikheyev comes off of LTIR.

we are cap compliant if we run with a minimum roster 12 forward 6 defenceman and 2 goalies if either hoglander or pearson are in the minors without having to worry about mikheyev on ir or not. ideally they trade someone or even trade hoglander.. coz if he doesn't make the team he's more than likely going to get claimed on waivers. 

there's really only 4 or 5 teams outside of chicago and anaheim that even have cap space to acquire players without pretty much equal cap coming back.. and i dont feel like they have a need or any interest in any of the canucks player. if there's a move to be made.. they would have already made it. i think most team are pretty set on their roster and will round it some depth with waiver pickups. the management did well this summer but i feel like they should have been more aggressive early on to make a trade to free up cap before filling it right to the max and put themselves in cap hell again. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

we are cap compliant if we run with a minimum roster 12 forward 6 defenceman and 2 goalies if either hoglander or pearson are in the minors without having to worry about mikheyev on ir or not. ideally they trade someone or even trade hoglander.. coz if he doesn't make the team he's more than likely going to get claimed on waivers. 

there's really only 4 or 5 teams outside of chicago and anaheim that even have cap space to acquire players without pretty much equal cap coming back.. and i dont feel like they have a need or any interest in any of the canucks player. if there's a move to be made.. they would have already made it. i think most team are pretty set on their roster and will round it some depth with waiver pickups. the management did well this summer but i feel like they should have been more aggressive early on to make a trade to free up cap before filling it right to the max and put themselves in cap hell again. 

Can you explain this a little more?  My understanding was that you couldn't bury all that much in the minors.  Pearson for example.  Even if he was in the minors we would still carry a large chunk of his cap hit.  No?

19 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Then we will have to move players like Hoglander, and Beau, and get little to no return. (6th round draft picks), and move a bunch of pieces to get compliant.

Affordable players might sadly be our only alternative. Because almost no one has cap space.

• Sad 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

Doesn't sound like that will be the case but it would help.

Insurance can be fickle. Pearson is making his nest effort to play. The team is saying publicly positives about his progress and efforts. These likely need to be done so the insurance company will cover. 
Pearson will experience a “setback” during preseason and that will allow the club to put him on LTIR from the first game and the insurance company will be satisfied. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Insurance can be fickle. Pearson is making his nest effort to play. The team is saying publicly positives about his progress and efforts. These likely need to be done so the insurance company will cover. 
Pearson will experience a “setback” during preseason and that will allow the club to put him on LTIR from the first game and the insurance company will be satisfied. 

Well we'll find out soon!  Training camp starts Thursday.  Let's see how he looks.

Even if you're right, I say it only buys us 10 games and then he'll be off of LTIR.  

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless that agressiveness includes a 1st round pick, nothing is happening.

Boeser has been even shopped by his agent, nothing happened.

No one wants our overpriced wingers or a certain over price defenceman.

So unless we're giving up something we don't want to give up, I don't see it happening.

Bang on. Therein lies the problem for this team in adding players without being able to shed enough salary or trading draft picks for contracts when they’re already over the cap.

They’re now facing the costs of their decisions made in the off season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more picks and young prospects have to be moved in order to clear the contracts they want to move.

Strap yourselves in. 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very likely indeed, a lot like Poolboy being ready last season eh? All of a sudden he was done like we all thought. I could see it either way, but I def can see it being a PR move. We all should remember how the medical staff was under some scrutiny with how Person's injury was handled, you might be right there Alf and this is just  a smoke screen. 

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Bang on. Therein lies the problem for this team in adding players without being able to shed enough salary or trading draft picks for contracts when they’re already over the cap.

They’re now facing the costs of their decisions made in the off season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more picks and young prospects have to be moved in order to clear the contracts they want to move.

Strap yourselves in. 

Actually this is wrong. Which players did Allvin acquire that are a cap problem? 

29 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Very likely indeed, a lot like Poolboy being ready last season eh? All of a sudden he was done like we all thought. I could see it either way, but I def can see it being a PR move. We all should remember how the medical staff was under some scrutiny with how Person's injury was handled, you might be right there Alf and this is just  a smoke screen. 

That would be a pretty elaborate smokescreen.  The information (about him looking good) isn't coming from the team.  It's mostly footage and eyewitness accounts from skates at UBC (which are a part of off season training and not run by the team.)

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Can you explain this a little more?  My understanding was that you couldn't bury all that much in the minors.  Pearson for example.  Even if he was in the minors we would still carry a large chunk of his cap hit.  No?

if pearson was to sent to the minors only 1.15mil can be buried so he will still cost us 2.1mil on the cap but regardless that would get us under the cap after moving the extra players down to the minors really we are only sitting at like 1.7 or 1.8mil over the cap.. we could technically send down 3 league minimum players like pdg dries and irwin and we would be cap compliant. but ideally they want to be under the cap before sending players to ltir but not really a must.. i don't think we need to worry about the cap.. it's just whether or not we want to keep hoglander as a 4th liner.. or trade him because i don't think he pass waivers.. and also sucks for the other rookies and podz coz really there's no roster spots that's suitable for them.. i'm not sure if hoglander or podkolzin will gain anything being a 4th line grinder.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually this is wrong. Which players did Allvin acquire that are a cap problem? 

Not referring to any individual new contracts specifically but rather the inability to move the existing bad ones while still over the cap. They need to move money and that will cost them imo.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

i would say beauvillier not that he's a bad player or can't play or anything.. but he's redundant on the canucks and we have no need for him so he creates a roster/cap problem between him boeser and garland, but not necessary a cap problem the player himself

also he did sign boeser to that 3 year contract.