[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

2 minutes ago, FlippersUp said:

That sucks. He finished the game didn't he?? Can't be tooooo bad. trying to stay positive. Joshua's been good for us. 

Nah he didn’t play again after. It was less then a few minutes left but he went straight to the locker room after the tilt 

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, said that to my dad right after he got the first couple punches in ... kind of let up and then weakly hit him a couple more times before ending the fight himself. Hopefully not broken, could take a month or more if so.

Silver lining if there is one. We will have to go out and get someone with some grit. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, WanyeJetski said:

Nah he didn’t play again after. It was less then a few minutes left but he went straight to the locker room after the tilt 

Bummer. I like Dak. I guess this means Garland will have to carry our third line himself. Maybe put Lafferty with him. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who on the Wings roster would take him on?

Kane 🤣 haha, seriously though I would say Larkin but he's got concussion worries so no go there.

I think their whole third line is capable of throwing down, especially some staged bs. Rasmussen (6'6", 220) is freaking huge, Copp (6'1". 203) is a tough customer, Fischer (6'2", 212) is also a big dude. Also Klim Kostin (6'4". 232)  is pretty huge himself, don't know about his fighting but if it's anything like his hitting he'd be a very tough SOB. I'd love to get him for our fourth line but ... doubt Detroit gives him up.

They are actually quite capable. I like how their surrounded their collection of smurfs with some serious size and grit.

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Debrincat? 😆

or Perron? Haha, I would think someone will challenge Zads and it will be a nothing fight with a bunch of grabbing and a couple lazy punches. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

From the man himself.

lol, a bunch of posters here really need to take note

it was clear as day but I'm done arguing with irrational people

you all know who you are :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

My Grandpa was a cobbler, and my dad was/is a tv repairman. Hmmmm, things are starting to make sense now.

@Breadnbutta Yeah my dad is an electronics guy who I've seen fix hundreds of tv's. Most of them these days are so simple, either a power issue or a blown capacitor on one of the few boards. My dad is also one of the rare few guys that do stuff like that for free ... or a token case of beer/$20 or something. Unfortunately I don't live there to offer his services.

They are so cheap to buy new most people just throw them away without barely a thought. My dad finds them everywhere and fixes them up for people. Kijiji, Walmart, or Best Buy to get a cheap one, or call around for a super fair tv repair man.

Anyways:

Go Nucks ... roast those Wings !!!

Also instead of throwing in trash, donate it to one of those used electronic places. They will fix it themselves or hire it out and sell to someone who cant afford new stuff. Its worth fixing, but you can upgrade at this point.... someone else out there needs a cheap repaired second hand.

I've really missed Canucks hockey. Been on holidays overseas for the last 3 weeks (New Zealand, Australia and Papua New Guinea). Wild stuff with learning the Canucks traded with CGY to acquire Lindholm, and now Kessel is practicing in Abby. Can't wait for the game tonight!

Any chance Kessel makes the team and VAN makes another trade?  Is Guentzel still a rumour?

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, FlippersUp said:

Ugh Mik's got no jam though I guess it makes sense Tocc's hopeful Garland can get him going. 

He's got the size, and speed (when healthy), but not the hands. Like you said though maybe Garland and Blueger can get him going on a hot line against lower QoC. That's where he belongs anyway, 3rd line LW.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1