[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

4 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

With DJ out, Mgmt will get a little viewing of how important or not he is to this lineup. Preliminary info for negotiations. Is he a $3M man?

Very interested to see how that 3rd line performs with Joshua.  If that line still excels, we know it's likely Garland that is making everything happen out there.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

i hope Zadorov doesnt look in raymonds direction so he doesnt get a penalty for interference...

The idiots that run the league will probably be at the game with a direct line to the zebras. Fucking clowns. 

8 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

With DJ out, Mgmt will get a little viewing of how important or not he is to this lineup. Preliminary info for negotiations. Is he a $3M man?

maybe in 4 or 5 years, but he has been on a 750k diet so wouldnt he be happy with 2mil x 4 years? lock him down. He knows the cap crunch we are going to have, if he wants first bite of the pie he should do it now... in my opinion, which aint worth much!

Mkehev had  much lower contract with Toronto and Alvin actually caused the overpayment for current situation.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Absolutely love listening to RT talk hockey. everything he says just resonates with exactly how I see the game.

Love when he talks, he doesn't sound like somebody. who just wants to get it done with... honest and straight talking... like him a lot...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

With Dak being out, if Garland is able to find success tonight, Toch might consider breaking the line up to give the Miller line some more juice. Garland would fit in the Miller-Boeser line like a glove.

39 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No, I typically don't listen to that type of stuff ... I mean radio and podcasts. Maybe I should but I always get the Coles notes here. Was it good?

just some behind the scenes stuff RT does that media typically never see from a NHL coach e.g he will do line skates w healthy scratches from time to time, has a penchant for skating around w the shovel (lol) to clean the ice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Joshua is injured?

Canucks are done

We really need another player like him if we can make a trade.

We really lack big body players that can hit and play with a bit of skill.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

maybe in 4 or 5 years, but he has been on a 750k diet so wouldnt he be happy with 2mil x 4 years? lock him down. He knows the cap crunch we are going to have, if he wants first bite of the pie he should do it now... in my opinion, which aint worth much!

Mkehev had  much lower contract with Toronto and Alvin actually caused the overpayment for current situation.

$2M AAV would be great if that is an option. He is 27 years old so have to think this is his one chance to get a really good contract. Hopefully he and the Canucks can find a middle ground.

19 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

just some behind the scenes stuff RT does that media typically never see from a NHL coach e.g he will do line skates w healthy scratches from time to time, has a penchant for skating around w the shovel (lol) to clean the ice.

That's awesome. I hear he is very invested in making sure all of the players know they are needed by the team and what their role is.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This. I'm curious how we look against Vegas, LA. Boston wasn't good. Those are just single games and going against big teams for seven games series is even more difficult. 

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

WE have such player; Podz. Time to see if he is ready. My guess he'd slot right into Daks place; play same game.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'm actually excited as fuck for this one. 

And fucks are very exciting.

I'm excited because I didn't realize it was a game day until this afternoon. I had it in my head the game wasn't until tomorrow. It's like Xmas in February!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Probably from the fight

That is why fights are pointless with visor getting in the way.  If it was no helmet then sure why not but helmet and visor protecting the half of face and the chins are the only exposed area.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

PDG or even Laff on his off side should be up on the third over Mikheyev. Mikheyev's forechecking ability isn't strong enough to keep that third line energy going.

I expect to see a dip in control on that line. I also feel like PDG has deserved an opportunity for the way he's played over the last 2. Has looked really solid.

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Tocchet is so focused, so dialed into what's important, so invested. All business. Truly impressive. 

I wonder where the Canuck fans are that shit all over Tocchet and PA for hiring him pointing to his 'Yotes coaching as justification ... have a slice of fresh humble pie for delivery available

image.png.66e58e715472bd6a5555f9233791bed4.png

Nice to have a solid organization from top to bottom !

Go Canucks Go!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

image.png.ed976f82a013111bdcc93791683e2156.png

TV: Sportsnet, Hulu+ (USA)

Radio: Sportsnet 650

Overview

df7bad46-664f-43c4-95c3-47e13b9b0fbc_text.gif.64db805f66ab5db512e805aca7845ffb.gif

Starting Lineups

skate-logo-all2.gif.62e85082802ea71dc0d283169aafe105.gif

From morning practice - Joshua out 😞

FORWARDSwing2.thumb.jpg.57ff9ff2e2e99b51f375e93aaac82d1f.jpg

DMENskatewings1.thumb.jpg.cb32d14d8de14fe8162f55b5fd28aea5.jpg

GOALIESwings2.thumb.jpg.c4bfa42bd45eadc0c9f4cb7eb4b310e1.jpg

Wings

(TBD - from last game)

WINGSA.thumb.gif.21011df3f36c4f86909ffaaf459b7486.gif

Team Stats

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.91d5c5e2d10be6672cdd088a5da41d55.png

Player Stats

Reveal hidden contents

stats.thumb.png.07defbd23e33c520bcaafaf5ec53adca.png

Goalie Stats

Reveal hidden contents

goalies.png.4790c2a8af86222185664cb61f065ce8.png

Previous games

Reveal hidden contents

CDC GAME NOTES

Reveal hidden contents

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the final meeting between the Canucks and Red Wings this season: Feb. 10 (road, 4-3 OTL), Feb. 15 (home).
  • Vancouver is 66-87-18-10 all-time against Detroit, including a 39-36-10-5 record on home ice.
  • The Canucks are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games against the Red Wings (0-4-1 in their last 5).
  • Elias Lindholm leads all active Canucks skaters in scoring against Detroit with 13 points (9-4-13) in 24 career games.
  • Elias Pettersson has recorded 12 points (5-7-12) in nine career games against the Red Wings, including a three-point game in his last game (1-2-3).
  • Filip Hronek played in his first game against Detroit in their last match up, he registered three points (1-2-3).
  • In seven career games, Ilya Mikheyev has seven points (2-5-7) against the Red Wings.
  • Thatcher Demko is 1-1-0 with a 1.02 GAA and a .968 save percentage in two career games against the Red Wings.
  • In five career games (1-1-3), Casey DeSmith has a 3.73 GAA and a .877 save percentage all-time against Detroit. 

QUICK NUMBERS

• Elias Pettersson has 22 points (11-10-21) in his last 15 games.
  • Quinn Hughes has registered 14 points (1-13-14) in his last 10 games, totaling 66 points overall this season (12-54-66). He currently ranks 1st in the league for points amongst defencemen.
  • J.T. Miller ranks t-2nd in the league in primary assists with 33.
  • Filip Hronek (+37) currently leads the league in +/-.
  • Brock Boeser has eight points (3-5-8) in his last seven games.
  • Conor Garland has three goals in his past two games.
  • Nils Höglander is on a three-game point streak (3-0-3).
  • Thatcher Demko currently leads the league in wins (29). Demko is also on a nine-game home winning streak, ranking 2nd in franchise history for longest home winning streak.
  • The Vancouver Canucks currently rank 1st in the league and have the highest goal differential (+60) this season. The Canucks currently have the most wins (30) when leading after two periods, have opened the scoring 34 times this season (leading the NHL), and have the most wins when scoring first (27).

image.png

I pray to Crom

• Vintage 1