[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t get why the league is ok with not being the best at its job and by a mile? Choosing to not make blatant calls. How do they expect to be taken seriously?

They don't care. At all.

• Like 3

Just now, snowman955 said:

Who is the better in tight skater...Huges or Garly?

Great question, I think Garly in tight with opponents. Hughes on the blue line dekeing pressure is fun to watch also though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Mikheyev has a lot of jump tonight. Can't be easy filling in for Joshua, but he's been working hard. Sooner or later the puck will start going in for him.

He works his ass off every night…does everything well but just can’t score.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

10-1 in skate

lost only 1 game in regulation when a blueliner scores

in the box seat, let's score more nucks

Boy, you travel a lot to watch games!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder if the emergence of Juulsen has made Myers expendable, even if we have the chance to sign Myers lower at like $3 million per. 

Juulsen would be cheaper in the long term

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t get why the league is ok with not being the best at its job and by a mile? Choosing to not make blatant calls. How do they expect to be taken seriously?

They care about revenue, and that's all. The Canucks being successful doesn't contribute to that end, so they really don't care if we get screwed every single year by the refs. The sad thing is that it's been more beneficial for the Canucks in this game when they haven't called penalties on obvious infractions against the Red Wings this game, but it sure makes watching the game impossible for me, especially when the first call of the game is against the Canucks, and it wasn't even an infraction. Incidental collision called tripping... Complete dogshit.

Edited by Psycho_Path

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If Bettman was even a tiny bit concerned about NHL officiating taken seriously, he should have resigned 2 decades ago.

• Vintage 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

He works his ass off every night…does everything well but just can’t score.

Mikheyev is not a finisher like Kuzmenko.

But the way Tocchet thinks, he prefers low goals, decent defence than high goals, questionable defence.

Personally I think you can teach anyone to play defense if you have patience.