[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, Mc1laren said:

Boeser needs to step it up, goal scorers dont go 10-12 games without a goal. Suter needs to be moved down to the 4th C and they need to find a winger for that line. Maybe Phil the thrill can get in game shape and take that spot. 

Next year I hope they resign Blueger and Dak, along with Lindholm, Petey and Hronek. Fill out the rest of roster with Podk, Bains, and potentially guys like Woo or Hirose on the backend. 

Brock had a nice shift when Hogz was on the line by accident or something in the second

Agree with Sat - Garland drives that 3rd line bus.  

Garley likely doesn’t care that much in the moment either - he got his bag and will be paid for awhile regardless of missing out on those top 6/PP minutes as well.

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

On a more established team, I could see Tocchet having more rope for Kuzmenko.  But the way this team is playing this season isn’t habit yet.  They’re a year out from playing Boudreau pond hockey - Tocc knows he can’t ease up.

No time to wait for guys to get there. The team is rolling and they've bought in at a higher level.

Kuz should have more freedom and leeway in Calgary. Especially since he's new again and getting a fresh start. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Brock had a nice shift when Hogz was on the line by accident or something in the second

He looks too satisfied with 30 goals. He needs to start moving his feet again. This has been his best game in a while.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

16 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

You get a meal from McDonald’s and a screening of the Nickelback documentary. They’re cheap bastards.

Don't subject anyone to anything Nickleback!!!! That's just cruel and unusual punishment!!!!! 

Want Mik to succeed but we are paying a lot of money for defense and slightly above average speed. That money could be used to resign Lindholm and that spot could be used for a guy like Podk

12 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder if the emergence of Juulsen has made Myers expendable, even if we have the chance to sign Myers lower at like $3 million per. 

No. Only 3 defense with contracts for next year.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well if they work hard in the third they will win. They get into trouble when they stand around and let teams fire away. Be aggressive and show them they won’t get points in our own barn.

Yup pedddle to the metal

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Agree with Sat - Garland drives that 3rd line bus.  

Garley likely doesn’t care that much in the moment either - he got his bag and will be paid for awhile regardless of missing out on those top 6/PP minutes as well.

Garland is the playmaker definitely... but he gets the room he does because of Joshua.

And both Joshua and Garland are the puck retrievers... they usually tag team the opposing D and pressure them.

Blueger is the safety valve.... he covers high and prevents the line from getting over committed.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

No time to wait for guys to get there. The team is rolling and they've bought in at a higher level.

Kuz should have more freedom and leeway in Calgary. Especially since he's new again and getting a fresh start. 

Agree on both points - not a surprise he’s playing well and all the best to him.  Waiving to allow that Lindholm trade was all class, glad to see him getting back into a groove.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Combover said:

This is bettmans plan.

artificial parity created through so called game management  aka rigging. 

Then add the major sponsors are gambling sites so Betting on managed(rigged) sporting events.

It’s actually hilarious and brilliant. 

If I thought a sport was rigged there is no way I'd watch and follow and spend time and money on that sport..

No point being pissed off all the time thinking I'm watching something and cheering for a team that is already decided and rigged.

I'd go crazy.  

I would just simply move on to something else. 

Edited by WHL rocks

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

On a more established team, I could see Tocchet having more rope for Kuzmenko.  But the way this team is playing this season isn’t habit yet.  They’re a year out from playing Boudreau pond hockey - Tocc knows he can’t ease up.

They need to play this systematic hockey for a few more years and make it a muscle memory. That way, even when injuries hit or players called up from Abby they can keep playing Tocchet system with different players plugged in.

• Cheers 1