[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

after the road trip closer to my time zone, I am now missing home more than ever. 11pm starts again for the rest of season 😞 I have to wait all night

10pm for me, i feel your pain but we shall fight the sleep and cheer

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like there’s been quite a few smaller “PPQB” type defensemen who have busted the past decade as well.  

Ironically, especially given Hayton and Zadina talk,  D men are a bit tougher to draft in the first round where forwards seem like the surer bets.

Even if Hughes had topped out as a 50 point very good PP1QB it’s not that much of a miss re: Hayton at least. The bottom line is that Hughes exceeded expectations by a pretty decent margin.  

That I'm not so sure of. 

He was 18 playing in the World Championship with high end NHL players, who were extremely impressed with his ability at that age. 

I always believed he was going to be something special.

That's why I was thrilled when he literally fell into the Canucks lap. 

23 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

after the road trip closer to my time zone, I am now missing home more than ever. 11pm starts again for the rest of season 😞 I have to wait all night

Damn, and I thought 8PM starts were annoying 

Just now, Grandmaster said:

I’m watching the Bruins / Kraken game and this play by play dude sounds stoned. He is literally talking so slowly. We really take our play by play guys for granted. 

Kraken is winning 3-1 with 6min left by the way 🙂

I’m watching too (go Kraken!), and that announcer is non other than the incredibly annoying, painfully delusional and all around clown Jack Edwards 👎👎🤢🤮

• Cheers 3

Just now, Believe In Blue said:

I’m watching too (go Kraken!), and that announcer is non other than the incredibly annoying, painfully delusional and all around clown Jack Edwards 👎👎🤢🤮

How did he get this job? He literally sounds fkd up. Never heard someone that slow doing that job. 

24 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

10pm for me, i feel your pain but we shall fight the sleep and cheer

Haha, there's a couple of us that don't mind earlier starts. We got a good run of home games though for our boys now. Good for us all.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I wonder where the Canuck fans are that shit all over Tocchet and PA for hiring him pointing to his 'Yotes coaching as justification ... have a slice of fresh humble pie for delivery available

image.png.66e58e715472bd6a5555f9233791bed4.png

Nice to have a solid organization from top to bottom !

Go Canucks Go!

I loved that part of the movie lol. "Eat mah shit" "yah just did"... Wife and I howled for days on that. It's even better because it's a true story.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

11 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I’m watching the Bruins / Kraken game and this play by play dude sounds stoned. He is literally talking so slowly. We really take our play by play guys for granted. 

The Bruins play by play guy has a medical condition. Its horrible. it was pointed out when Canucks were there.

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I loved that part of the movie lol. "Eat mah shit" "yah just did"... Wife and I howled for days on that. It's even better because it's a true story.

I did not know that, even better.

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Damn, and I thought 8PM starts were annoying 

Well, I sure was happy this past weekend, early afternoons with a few drinks, then the night still after lol while you guys all in your PJ's

• Cheers 1

Canucks better win. Getting sick of my bets / parlays getting screwed by crap teams 

I bet 

Boston at home over Seattle 

NYR over montreal

Ottawa over Anaheim 

Calgary over SJ 

of course Boston F’s me, and of course Anaheim wins on the road smh

Laid down more money on the Nucks and Calgary to recover some.

Hope we don’t see the boys crap the bed tonight. 

20 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

He was gawd awful 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

How did he get this job? He literally sounds fkd up. Never heard someone that slow doing that job. 

Jack Edwards has called Bruins games for over a decade. 

He now suffers with a terrible illness called mitochondrial dysfunction. He’s loved by many fans however definitely hard to follow. Poor guy is suffering ever day of his life.