[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder if the emergence of Juulsen has made Myers expendable, even if we have the chance to sign Myers lower at like $3 million per. 

I really hope and think so. Just no to Myers pls .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Mikheyev has a lot of jump tonight. Can't be easy filling in for Joshua, but he's been working hard. Sooner or later the puck will start going in for him.

he makes 4m more than Joshua. He should be an upgrade no?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

He works his ass off every night…does everything well but just can’t score.

There it is! 

That’s what a I still want to see tonight! 

Mikeyev credited with scoring a goal tonight…& not into his own net - if I need to clarify that for the hockey-gods. 

Edited by viking mama

On a more established team, I could see Tocchet having more rope for Kuzmenko.  But the way this team is playing this season isn’t habit yet.  They’re a year out from playing Boudreau pond hockey - Tocc knows he can’t ease up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I wonder if the emergence of Juulsen has made Myers expendable, even if we have the chance to sign Myers lower at like $3 million per. 

We're still a top 4 right-side Dman short. I really like Juulsen and he can move up the pairings sometimes, but he's still best suited to play in the 3rd pair and on PK.

Edited by 1-d

Boeser needs to step it up, goal scorers dont go 10-12 games without a goal. Suter needs to be moved down to the 4th C and they need to find a winger for that line. Maybe Phil the thrill can get in game shape and take that spot. 

Next year I hope they resign Blueger and Dak, along with Lindholm, Petey and Hronek. Fill out the rest of roster with Podk, Bains, and potentially guys like Woo or Hirose on the backend. 

1 minute ago, TopChed said:

he makes 4m more than Joshua. He should be an upgrade no?

Mikheyev has been a disappointment.... except when he was on the line with Petey and Kuzzy at the start of the season.

That line tore it up... Petey was top of the points list.

But Tocchet was pissed cause Kuzzy wasn't playing enough defense, so he broke the line up and since then Mikheyev has been nowhere re. goal production.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

That was great watching Hughes and Hoglander playing tic tac toe back and fourth. Speedy boys.                                                 

I liked when Hogz was with Miller and Brock. Maybe a late shift or whatever but there was chemistry even though they never play together. 10 mins in second period if you want to review tomorrow or after the game

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

If Bettman was even a tiny bit concerned about NHL officiating taken seriously, he should have resigned 2 decades ago.

This is bettmans plan.

artificial parity created through so called game management  aka rigging. 

Then add the major sponsors are gambling sites so Betting on managed(rigged) sporting events.

It’s actually hilarious and brilliant.