[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

1 hour ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

With DJ out, Mgmt will get a little viewing of how important or not he is to this lineup. Preliminary info for negotiations. Is he a $3M man?

While this is true, his body of work speaks to a raise for sure ... argument will be on how much is all.

I want to get excited about tonight‘s game however …

My heart is guarded after getting up for the Boston game… I have to keep myself in check - whenever I get super jacked up for games the ‘Nucks usually let me down…

debbie downer GIF

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I wonder where the Canuck fans are that shit all over Tocchet and PA for hiring him pointing to his 'Yotes coaching as justification ... have a slice of fresh humble pie for delivery available

image.png.66e58e715472bd6a5555f9233791bed4.png

Nice to have a solid organization from top to bottom !

Go Canucks Go!

100%. 

They've won a lifetime supply of this below compliments of KFC.

Kentucky Fried Crow ...

crowtable.original.jpg

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I know just the thing you need to snap out of your funk ...

angry-wife.gif

I’ll take a slap from Doris Day in a teddy in my bed any day of the week bro… She’s a Fox… I’m all in.. 

excited eric andre GIF

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

So excited!  Going to the game tonight, first game in like 10 years.  Hopefully the boys come up big and take a bit of revenge from last week!

Have fun. Win or lose just enjoy the game and take it all in..

41 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I wonder where the Canuck fans are that shit all over Tocchet and PA for hiring him pointing to his 'Yotes coaching as justification ... have a slice of fresh humble pie for delivery available

image.png.66e58e715472bd6a5555f9233791bed4.png

Nice to have a solid organization from top to bottom !

Go Canucks Go!

Funny I was just going to ask where all the posters are that like to post smug comments and point fingers at random people in order to try and make themselves seem like they are far superior to others.

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

GREAT TILT

TV DOWN

ZAD SPEAKS

NO CRYING

HARD BUGGER

REVENGE GAME

DAK OUT

DR. STRAIGHTJACKET 

TOCCHET MAN GOOD

EAT CROW

HEART GUARDED

SO EXCITED

DORIS DAY

HAPPY HRONEK 

gioated-family-guy.gif

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

maybe in 4 or 5 years, but he has been on a 750k diet so wouldnt he be happy with 2mil x 4 years? lock him down. He knows the cap crunch we are going to have, if he wants first bite of the pie he should do it now... in my opinion, which aint worth much!

Mkehev had  much lower contract with Toronto and Alvin actually caused the overpayment for current situation.

Why would he take well under market value?  
Hometown discounts are for the guys making big bucks. 
He shouldn’t and wouldn’t be saying no to 1mill+ per season.  
He could have hit 20-20 while being good defensively and leading the league in points.  
Thats more than 2 mill every day.  

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

GREAT TILT

TV DOWN

ZAD SPEAKS

NO CRYING

HARD BUGGER

REVENGE GAME

DAK OUT

DR. STRAIGHTJACKET 

TOCCHET MAN GOOD

EAT CROW

HEART GUARDED

SO EXCITED

DORIS DAY

HAPPY HRONEK 

gioated-family-guy.gif

This is amazing… There’s gotta be a reward for this post- this is incredible

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

While this is true, his body of work speaks to a raise for sure ... argument will be on how much is all.

He does deserve a raise for sure.  I guess it will be up to how much confidence he has to gamble

on himself.  If it looks well over what the Canucks are offering, it will be a problem.  Tocc/coaching staff

has some credit in developing his game, as do his linemates.  If Josh wants too much $, the Nucks

may decide they can do it again with another player.  We'll see which side blinks first.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Why would he take well under market value?  
Hometown discounts are for the guys making big bucks. 
He shouldn’t and wouldn’t be saying no to 1mill+ per season.  
He could have hit 20-20 while being good defensively and leading the league in points.  
Thats more than 2 mill every day.  

I said 2 million per year? I mean, we cant afford much more than that but I think over 4 years (so an 8 million contract total) would make sense, or else we just wait for Podz to come up on his minimal contract as a replacement next year.

I would like to keep all our pretty little things but there is like 13 contracts expired this summer with only 32 mil to go around. Petey and Hronek take at least 16 of that so there is 16 million for 11 positions to cover.

I guess it takes an atlantic canadian to think of money we dont have compared to Vancouver fans!

for anyone wondering what this is about, Joshua UFA this summer.....

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan
context

I love Chris Faber as an official canucks writer:

"Now, as we turn our attention to the league-leading Vancouver Canucks, we first want to talk about the team returning to Rogers Arena. The Canucks have 28 games left in the season and 60% of those games are at home. So far this year, the Canucks have an 18-8-2 record on home ice as well as a 6-1-0 record when they play Creed at Rogers Arena."

He should figure out JT's point stats when any arena plays Metallica

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So what the hell is our team getting a warning for???

More of the same NHL bs. Chapter 702.

Giving both teams a warning to focus on hockey......not a threat