[GDT] Thurs February 15 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Red Wings - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Vancouver

OldFaithfulcap

5 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I love Chris Faber as an official canucks writer:

"Now, as we turn our attention to the league-leading Vancouver Canucks, we first want to talk about the team returning to Rogers Arena. The Canucks have 28 games left in the season and 60% of those games are at home. So far this year, the Canucks have an 18-8-2 record on home ice as well as a 6-1-0 record when they play Creed at Rogers Arena."

He should figure out JT's point stats when any arena plays Metallica

Our home record is 18-4-2...and you thought 18-8-2 was good XD

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I was just quoting the article from the canucks page! Maybe they are trying to not sound so.... good? for the general public?

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/returning-to-rogers-arena-for-a-rematch-with-the-red-wings

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan
Source is the Canucks website!

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Giving both teams a warning to focus on hockey......not a threat 

We didn't do anything though so??? No.

League needs to focus elsewhere, not on teams that haven't done a damn thing. I'm sure the Bruins could use a warning at some point. Maybe Toronto too.

I'm sure they have more important things to focus on and can use their time a bit better. Address those that really do need a warning - Reaves comes to mind. Leave us the f alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I said 2 million per year? I mean, we cant afford much more than that but I think over 4 years (so an 8 million contract total) would make sense, or else we just wait for Podz to come up on his minimal contract as a replacement next year.

I would like to keep all our pretty little things but there is like 13 contracts expired this summer with only 32 mil to go around. Petey and Hronek take at least 16 of that so there is 16 million for 11 positions to cover.

You are missing the point.  
It’s not his problem we don’t have the money.  
He will get a lot more elsewhere if we don’t pony up.  

34 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I guess it takes an atlantic canadian to think of money we dont have compared to Vancouver fans!

for anyone wondering what this is about, Joshua UFA this summer.....

What the fuck are you on about?  Hahah

By the way, your name stinks.  
It screams arrogance. 
Welcome to the boards!

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

So excited!  Going to the game tonight, first game in like 10 years.  Hopefully the boys come up big and take a bit of revenge from last week!

I also recently went to my first game in over 10 years. For some reason, the game feels like it's going faster when watching it live.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I also recently went to my first game in over 10 years. For some reason, the game feels like it's going faster when watching it live.

It sure does....and the hits are more intense if you're near the boards. You get a real sense of it all and at home a lot of behind the play stuff is missed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AmyTheGma said:

So excited!  Going to the game tonight, first game in like 10 years.  Hopefully the boys come up big and take a bit of revenge from last week!

Apparently we've been warned.

Only some teams can take revenge. We're not one of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Apparently we've been warned.

Only some teams can take revenge. We're not one of them.

oh We can.

Just score and don't let up go for 20. 

and really you don’t beat up a clown for acting like a clown. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Combover said:

oh We can.

Just score and don't let up go for 20. 

and really you don’t beat up a clown for acting like a clown. 

Nothing wrong with a hit from big Z followed up by a hit from Miller, than yet another clean hit from Juuls, then Cole can be standing nearby and get attacked for no reason and just clobber the red little bird

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

Giving both teams a warning to focus on hockey......not a threat 

Hopefully it means the refs will be under close watch, to not "manage the game" I trust our PK when we actually deserve the penalty. So lets earn the penalty instead of some flaky interfeirence call or crosscheck while going the same speed which doesnt even impact the player on the breakaway in overtime....

Crosschecks in overtime are only ignored when Vancouver is the victim i suppose. (x2 so far which cost the game)

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan
FACTS

4 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I want to see Zadorov crush Walman with a big hit and then do the dance over his form on the ground.

Like in Halo.... my kids used to do that lol maybe is was COD i dont know. I thought it was rude, but these younger people find it funny

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

I think we're the opposite of not winning when wearing the skate this season... don't fucking jinx it people but wow

We wore them 2 more times it seems, one was a new jersey loss, still what 10-1 in the skate.

IMG_4985.png.d6c14b7a4e2d3aabe6f069d4c5449db7.png

Oh My God Wow GIF

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Truthfully, the greater faux pax was Chayka passing on both Hughes and Zadina to pick Hayton. Zadina was expected to go 3rd by most, so picking him at 6th wasn't surprising at all.

Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like there’s been quite a few smaller “PPQB” type defensemen who have busted the past decade as well.  

Ironically, especially given Hayton and Zadina talk,  D men are a bit tougher to draft in the first round where forwards seem like the surer bets.

Even if Hughes had topped out as a 50 point very good PP1QB it’s not that much of a miss re: Hayton at least. The bottom line is that Hughes exceeded expectations by a pretty decent margin.  

Edited by The Duke
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EB43 said:

I hope Raymond actually get hurt this game.  That may sound awful, but it would be Karma for that absolutely pathetic attempt at acting.

I dont think thats quite right? but I sure want him to have some bruising and some middle of the night wakeups thinking Z is gonna hit him again

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Hopefully it means the refs will be under close watch, to not "manage the game" I trust our PK when we actually deserve the penalty. So lets earn the penalty instead of some flaky interfeirence call or crosscheck while going the same speed which doesnt even impact the player on the breakaway in overtime....

Crosschecks in overtime are only ignored when Vancouver is the victim i suppose. (x2 so far which cost the game)

Yeah, don't think it has anything to do with that.