MYSTERY MEAT: Loblaw stores selling ‘ungraded’ beef and shoppers have questions

The Arrogant Worms

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It's just beef from old Mexican cows.  Might taste a little tough and stringy, but I'll eat it.

They say "don't drink the water in Mexico". What do you think their cattle drink? 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It's just beef from old Mexican cows.  Might taste a little tough and stringy, but I'll eat it.

10 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

They say "don't drink the water in Mexico". What do you think their cattle drink? 

Will I get high eating it?  🙃

• Haha 2

I'm slowly moving away from meat.

I don't have money for premium butcher shop meat and the stuff in the grocery stores is ridiculously overpriced for what we're getting. I mean stewing beef used to be cheap and now it's priced like steak.

Nothing beats a good sheet pan meal of roasted veggies. I'm eating a lot of yams and beets lately....so good.

I'm sorry but I'll pass on this. Just not going to play this game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

A  couple hundred years, or so ago, we left Britain, because we were tired of being hung for shooting the King's deer.

Now that beef is so dang expensive- I expect more deer to go 'missing' than did in previous years.

Honestly though- imo, a few less deer would not be a bad thing.- Those things kill more people than sharks do.

Edited by Gurn

34 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm slowly moving away from meat.

I don't have money for premium butcher shop meat and the stuff in the grocery stores is ridiculously overpriced for what we're getting. I mean stewing beef used to be cheap and now it's priced like steak.

Nothing beats a good sheet pan meal of roasted veggies. I'm eating a lot of yams and beets lately....so good.

I'm sorry but I'll pass on this. Just not going to play this game.

We stopped eating mammals a few years ago, don't miss it at all. I don't judge others on their food choices, just pointing out it's been great for us, and cheap.

I will never give up hot wings....the occasional BBQ'd steak.....my famous chili.....boneless chicken thighs and breasts from farms on Vancouver Island....at my age my time is numbered and I want to enjoy the time I have left.

My Dad grew up in Sask.  Raising pigs...cows and chickens is how they survived in the 1930's.

But to each their own.  I will not belittle anyone's food choices.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Manzanita Sol is better.

What’s nice about Jarritos, is the wide variety of flavors that they offer vs. just apple flavor.

When it comes to apple flavored soda, Sidral Mundet is my choice.

6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Huh. I don't care for beyond meat in particular because it's too salty, but I love a good veggie burger .

I’d rather just eat unprocessed meats, vegetables and fruits. Better for you. 

Nothing like a nice cold orange, pineapple or pomegranate. 

Steak and seafood also good. 

Smokey Beans are good. Especially with Brisket. 

Just eat more unprocessed foods folks. It makes you feel better and fuller.

• Upvote 1