[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Pk

So? 

that being said, I have no problem upgrading on him. The point remains, we don’t absolutely have to replace Myers dollar for dollar.  

Wonder what Montour is going to cost on the open market? 

Edit: maybe they drop Myers and Cole and grab Hanifin and Pesce… sounds like the type of surprise this management group likes to pull 😅

Edited by Dizzle
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Without Myers (and without bringing in another top four) D would look something like 

Hughes/Hronek

Cole/Soucey

Zadarov/Juulson 

that assumes we bring back Zad and Cole and also assumes Soucey can stay healthy. It’s feasible… arguments can definitely be made about whether that’s a great too 4 or not but it’s not horrendous. 

I think we really have to bring back two of our pending UFA defensemen of Cole, Myers, and Zadorov. Juulsen is good enough to be a permanent bottom pairing guy IMO. The question is if Tocc really strongly wants the RHD RD, in which case one of them is Myers for sure, leaving you between Cole and Zadorov for the other one. Zadorov is likely better and obviously younger, but very likely substantially pricier.

• Thanks 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

So? 

that being said, I have no problem upgrading on him. The point remains, we don’t absolutely have to replace Myers dollar for dollar.  

Wonder what Montour is going to cost on the open market? 

I love Cole but 5v5 he is not a good option for top 4 mins.

And, do we really want to see Van cut corners on defense?

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I think we really have to bring back two of our pending UFA defensemen of Cole, Myers, and Zadorov. Juulsen is good enough to be a permanent bottom pairing guy IMO. The question is if Tocc really strongly wants the RHD RD, in which case one of them is Myers for sure, leaving you between Cole and Zadorov for the other one. Zadorov is likely better and obviously younger, but very likely substantially pricier.

I'm betting Zad prices himself out of Van

Just now, stawns said:

I'm betting Zad prices himself out of Van

Wouldn't surprise me. His offense is down in Vancouver, since we don't play him in offensive situations like the Flames did, but his defense is solid and obviously his size is an asset too. I wouldn't be surprised if he commands $5M+.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I love Cole but 5v5 he is not a good option for top 4 mins.

And, do we really want to see Van cut corners on defense?

No... but again, I'm just pointing out there are possible options that don't require dollar in dollar out in regard to Myers. My guess is that he will be back on a discount and I'm totally fine with that. I think he's been criticized beyond what is fair, he brings a lot to the table. 

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Imo a playoff team can't have Cole playing top 4 mins.  That is a big regression 

Ian Cole is playing top four minutes this year.    He's playing the same amount as Myers too.   Tochett spread it around.   Both on the PK.   

There will be a cost to sign our RFAs.  Not ideal but it's the off-seasons problems.    Don't see us re-singing both.   Unless it's cheap.     

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because soucy is hurt and Cole plays pk

Yes.  And he played top four last year too.   And doesn't have to play with Friedman anymore.   5 x 5 his minutes are low top four, same as Myers.   And if you want to do a deep dive into QHs and Hroneks minutes,  they aren't playing much more 5 x 5 either.    Tochett has been spreading the minutes around with his second and third pairings.     We can't say Myers is top four, and ignore that he's only played 7 more seconds than Cole has.   Get that Hronek is first unit PK. 

Of the two, i'd rather re-sign Myers if cap hits are the same.   But it's not leaps and bounds difference either.   Myers and Cole, ideally should both be bottom pairing.   They have their work cut out for them this off-season.     Of the two, Myers is a RHD and that's tough.   Why not just wait until the off-season and see what Tanevs wants?  Myers might be ok with a cheap deal too.   It's not like he earned his last 30 million.    OEL lol.  He's killing it in FLD.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ian Cole is playing top four minutes this year.    He's playing the same amount as Myers too.   Tochett spread it around.   Both on the PK.   

There will be a cost to sign our RFAs.  Not ideal but it's the off-seasons problems.    Don't see us re-singing both.   Unless it's cheap.     

Its the cost of success.  A good problem to have.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes.  And he played top four last year too.   And doesn't have to play with Friedman anymore.   5 x 5 his minutes are low top four, same as Myers.   And if you want to do a deep dive into QHs and Hroneks minutes,  they aren't playing much more 5 x 5 either.    Tochett has been spreading the minutes around with his second and third pairings.     We can't say Myers is top four, and ignore that he's only played 7 more seconds than Cole has.   Get that Hronek is first unit PK. 

Myers offense is dog shit and he makes a large number of gaffs in his own zone. Dude is easily the most replaceable piece on the Canucks line up. Unless he signs for like league minimum, let's just move the fuck on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Should give him a look in right now with Dakota out. Lafferty and Aman don't hurt the team system, but offense dies on there stick right now.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd put Dakota on LTIR, and call up Bains

Petterson-Lind-Hogs

Bains-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Lafferty

If Josh has a broken wrist, he will be out for awhile.  Tocc has been hinting about

calling up Bains, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did.  Don't know if Bains

joins the 2nd line in his first ever NHL game though.

• Cheers 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

If Josh has a broken wrist, he will be out for awhile.  Tocc has been hinting about

calling up Bains, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did.  Don't know if Bains

joins the 2nd line in his first ever NHL game though.

Is there mention of his wrist being broken anywhere? 

7 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Myers offense is dog shit and he makes a large number of gaffs in his own zone. Dude is easily the most replaceable piece on the Canucks line up. Unless he signs for like league minimum, let's just move the fuck on.

Ok.