[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Joshua, no contest.

Juulsen is rounding into form, and has less brain cramps.

For the price it's hard to argue that.  Myers riding into the sunset, requires bottom pairing minutes on a good team.    That could be us.   A Jordie Benn type deal, makes sense.   More than that not sure where the money is coming from.   

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Zadorov, Hronek and Cole are all coming back. 

Do you think Tocc will run Cole or Zadorov as the 2RD? I think it would be a good choice, but he's been generally pretty obstinate about having RHD on the right side.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Most teams would love those three on their roster.

That's all Alvin needs to know.

Agree, but I THINK Cole could be the one exception; that role will all be about $$. If you can improve on Cole (Tanev) for the same $, you do it. If Myers offers more value, you do it.

In the End, the main goal on D is signing Zad and Hronek...then saving $$ to possibly retain Lindholm. The guy is a true 200' warrior, and just the epitome of what RT & PA want in the top 6.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

What's up with Dallas's cup chances? 

RDT_20240216_1026373996189645297516136.jpg

Seems high.   But if you have been paying attention, they outplayed Vegas last year but lost the goaltending battle.   Two conference finals in a row, and not many weaknesses.   

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Who gives a friggin' shit about Myers. 

Start another thread. And let those who actually have a clue figure it out at the TDL or in the off-season. 

Our team is playing excellent hockey. That's what we're here to celebrate. 

Another great game, and payback for the game in Detroit. 

Bam.... mic drops 👍

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Agree, but I THINK Cole could be the one exception; that role will all be about $$. If you can improve on Cole (Tanev) for the same $, you do it. If Myers offers more value, you do it.

In the End, the main goal on D is signing Zad and Hronek...then saving $$ to possibly retain Lindholm. The guy is a true 200' warrior, and just the epitome of what RT & PA want in the top 6.

I'd say let Myers walk. Sign Pesce instead this summer. Cole should be interested in taking a bit of a haircut to get another ring. 

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Pesce

Cole - Juulsen

Friedman/Woo

Bill Murray Drink GIF

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd say let Myers walk. Sign Pesce instead this summer. Cole should be interested in taking a bit of a haircut to get another ring. 

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Pesce

Cole - Juulsen

Friedman/Woo

Bill Murray Drink GIF

I don't hear pesces name in any tdl rumours which indicates to me, he's going to re-sign in Car.

If they let Myers walk and miss out on other UFa top 4 rhd, that would be disasterous, imo

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Myers offense is dog shit and he makes a large number of gaffs in his own zone. Dude is easily the most replaceable piece on the Canucks line up. Unless he signs for like league minimum, let's just move the fuck on.

His frame makes him look awkward but he's actually done decent work for the must part. Opposition players fear him and for a big guy, he can join the rush

pretty well. Always stands up for his team-mates, he isn't dog shit, nothing near it! Plays the enforcer when needed always. Should not have a humungus 

contract, but he does help. You would need him in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't hear pesces name in any tdl rumours which indicates to me, he's going to re-sign in Car.

If they let Myers walk and miss out on other UFa top 4 rhd, that would be disasterous, imo

You aren't listening closely enough. Listen Sure Shot GIF by Beastie Boys

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

In keeping with the GDT celebration of Canucks win and Meyers status, I would say Meyers will have a contract discussion after the season ends but before July 1st. If Management get a sense he is asking for a huge bag, at the very least they would have exclusive negotiating rights with Meyers to trade to a team for some asset (low pick most likely). Excellent contract management tool one way of the other.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

His frame makes him look awkward but he's actually done decent work for the must part. Opposition players fear him and for a big guy, he can join the rush

pretty well. Always stands up for his team-mates, he isn't dog shit, nothing near it! Plays the enforcer when needed always. Should not have a humungus 

contract, but he does help. You would need him in the playoffs.

No one is afraid of Myers. I said his offense is dogshit. So many plays die on his stick and he never gets shots through. He takes a full second too long to make any decision which leads to getting hemmed in in dzone or lost possession in ozone. He's fine on bottom pairing with limited minutes and a much smaller contract but it would absolutely not be disastrous to lose a player such as Myers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

How did Myers go from THE whipping boy, heir apparent to Edler, to "top four mid 30'a UFA RHD?"   That's the mystery.    As an aside, pretty defensive about his treatment the past 4.66 seasons.    Dumba and Pesce.  A little ironic given both those guys were considered by some massive upgrades since he became a Canuck (not by me, just trade targets).   What's disasterous, is bad cap management.    Willander for sure needs a two year stop-gap.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

How did Myers go from THE whipping boy, heir apparent to Edler, to "top four mid 30'a UFA RHD?"   That's the mystery.    As an aside, pretty defensive about his treatment the past 4.66 seasons.    Dumba and Pesce.  A little ironic given both those guys were considered by some massive upgrades since he became a Canuck.  

He's never been a whipping boy for me.  Coaching was always the problem.  Myers is a solid dman and probably the most reasonable choice for that spot for the next cpl years 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He's never been a whipping boy for me.  Coaching was always the problem.  Myers is a solid dman and probably the most reasonable choice for that spot for the next cpl years 

I've noticed that @stawns, not sure if you noticed me defending him either.    It's amazing what having six legit NHL D's can do for a club.   This is the first time we've had that, since the peak Sedin era. 

The only thing next will be how the season plays out.   Personally think it's wise to see how the playoffs unfold, and go from there.      Sorting out our RFA's will take time.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

I've noticed that @stawns, not sure if you noticed me defending him either.    It's amazing what having six legit NHL D's can do for a club.   This is the first time we've had that, since the peak Sedin era. 

It's astonishing how bad Bruce really was

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He could play his 1000th game last game of the season. That would be cool. 

Screenshot_20240216-111153.png

I no longer feel nervous when he steps on the ice, the coaching and bringing in Zadarov has really helped out this year. He has his moments for sure, but overall very solid D. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's astonishing how bad Bruce really was

Bruce Bodreau let all the steam out of the locker room, and like a good uncle, let the guys play it out.   Glad that we've got an actual system for these guys to fall back on.   These guys are human, can't be expected to be on every game.    Don't mind it,  these things needed to happen to arrive where we are right now.     As far as coaching,  Tochett proved his mettle as a player, and is doing it as a coach too.   Hearing the things he said last year when he came in was good medicine.     Calling out the players for being out of shape.   And that the summer isn't supposed to be a 4 month vacation if your not in the playoffs, was music to my ears anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I no longer feel nervous when he steps on the ice, the coaching and bringing in Zadarov has really helped out this year. He has his moments for sure, but overall very solid D. 

He was best when his minutes were at their lowest, when Soucy was healthy. If he comes back on a cheap contract as a 3rd pair I wouldn't complain. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Coleman 🤣

“We moved a couple of pieces now that were pretty vocal about not wanting to be here,” Coleman said. “I think once you eliminate hat, the noise at this point, it’s not really affecting us. The guys that the noise is around, they’re competitors. They want to win wherever they are. They haven’t been a distraction at all.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3