[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Myers offense is dog shit and he makes a large number of gaffs in his own zone. Dude is easily the most replaceable piece on the Canucks line up. Unless he signs for like league minimum, let's just move the fuck on.

Thank you, I don't know why we have a fascination with mediocre players. Does he help us win? Joshua does, Garland does, Zad does and I would even add Juulsen too. We have moved on from others and Myers should be no different.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Wouldn't surprise me. His offense is down in Vancouver, since we don't play him in offensive situations like the Flames did, but his defense is solid and obviously his size is an asset too. I wouldn't be surprised if he commands $5M+.

There's no way Zadorov gets over $5M on the open market. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

There's no way Zadorov gets over $5M on the open market. 

Maybe not, but he was at $3.75M already and I feel like he'll want a raise, especially with the increasing market. Might be closer to $4.5M, but I don't think $5M is as unrealistic as you think.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Maybe not, but he was at $3.75M already and I feel like he'll want a raise, especially with the increasing market. Might be closer to $4.5M, but I don't think $5M is as unrealistic as you think.

I don't mind paying Zadorov $4M if Juulsen is taking that bottom pair spot. 

27 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Thank you, I don't know why we have a fascination with mediocre players. Does he help us win? Joshua does, Garland does, Zad does and I would even add Juulsen too. We have moved on from others and Myers should be no different.

Myers is out there first for every PK and routinely out in the last min to protect the lead.  I'd say RT doesn't think Myers is a mediocre player

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

Myers is out there first for every PK and routinely out in the last min to protect the lead.  I'd say RT doesn't think Myers is a mediocre player

I don't think he sees him any different then Cole and Cole brings more physicality and Cup experience. I think Cole stays and Myers only stays if he wants to sign for cheap. Real cheap. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

No one is afraid of Myers. I said his offense is dogshit. So many plays die on his stick and he never gets shots through. He takes a full second too long to make any decision which leads to getting hemmed in in dzone or lost possession in ozone. He's fine on bottom pairing with limited minutes and a much smaller contract but it would absolutely not be disastrous to lose a player such as Myers. 

Dog shit! For a low price Alvin would bring him back. He does more then you give him credit for. Do everyone a favor and watch the fu..ing games.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Just shoot.

Coaches need to do a drill where they’re not allowed more than 3 passes before a shot.

Right now they’re moving the puck without purpose. They need to make plays that are built around someone shooting (I know crazy shot). Doesn’t matter if one of their guys are in the way, they won’t be next time.

I find the #1 PP so predictable. Petey only shoots at the net if he can get a one timer off, otherwise he is looking for a pass in the front of the net or to the point. Hughes will pass to Petey or Miller or go to the net if he can. Miller is the only one I see taking a shot on net. 

We don't take enough shots or cause enough havoc in front of the net. We need a guy like Joshua who will do tip ins, screen the goalie or get on rebounds. 

Tip ins is usually our bread and butter but we need guys taking shots and we need someone in front of the net to do the tipping. Lindholm has been doing this well lately though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Dog shit! For a low price Alvin would bring him back. He does more then you give him credit for. Do everyone a favor and watch the fu..ing games.

I watch 99 percent of the Canucks games and many other teams games too. I've said in many posts in this thread I'm fine with him coming back on a cheap contract for limited minutes. 

He's a warm body at this point.

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Imagine if they kept Horvat over Miller. This team just wouldn't be the same. Not even close. Great call by JR/PA.  

I love that Allvin isn't afraid to spend (picks and prospects) to make the team the best it can be.  Kessel would be a great add down the stretch and into the playoffs. The guy has won before. IMO they still need some extra size/toughness up front for when other team take liberties against Petey, Hogz, Hughes, etc. The playoffs are a different beast.

Best team in the league by a lot, and they still have some very good prospects developing. Keep the good times going for the foreseeable future.

Lekkerimaki

Podkolzin

Raty

Alriksson

Willander

Pettersson

Silovs

Mynio and Celebrini could also become very good players one day.

Bains is pretty good as well.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think when I was a young kid, someone told me +13 was a good thing for a defenseman.

It's typically a team stat. I don't think anyone here is shitting so hard on Myers that he needs a forum White Knight but you do you bro.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

It's astonishing how bad Bruce really was

617 wins over 1087 games disagree with you. He was the right coach at the time he came into the Canucks system and Tocchet was exactly the right coach to take over for Bruce when he did. For example, Petey evolved his game under Bruce, hello PK.

Only issue was how Bruce-There-It-Is termination was handled. Lots of keyboards have been worn out on this latter topic already so will leave it at that.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Wow! Did that read right? Yah they better get their asses out there and work. If you number one power play unit is poor, that aint great for playoffs

Yep, gotta make the other team pay if they get too aggressive

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Just shoot.

Coaches need to do a drill where they’re not allowed more than 3 passes before a shot.

Right now they’re moving the puck without purpose. They need to make plays that are built around someone shooting (I know crazy idea). Doesn’t matter if one of their guys are in the way, they won’t be next time.

Not a crazy idea, I think it was Gretzky that once said, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" ... easier said than done of course but 17 passes in a row before a lucky stick bumping the puck out of the O-zone is the equivalent to not taking a shot.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2