[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

8 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

While our results on the PK was good, I didn't think it looked good on the eye test. I saw a lot of down low passes through the front of the net where Det players either just missed it or Demko made a really good save. I thought Det was unlucky on their PP and could have easily scored one or even 2 on the PP. We lacked pressure and we gave them too much time. 

I thought Mik was fine on the 3rd line. Doesn't quite have the physical presence DJ does but the line continued to generate chances and there wasn't much of a drop off.

Hoggy deserves top 6 and seems to compliment the 2 Eliases well. It's his speed getting in on the forecheck and strong down low play that opens up the other 2 guys. 

Demko was great. His timely saves kept the game out of reach for Det and helped us feel in control throughout the game

Agreed.

Mikheyev stepped onto the third line and although he is not Joshua, he didn't look terribly out of place for his first game playing with Garland and Blueger.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

It's ok to not love everything about Myers, refs, etc.

They're not above criticism.

Not all criticism is bad. Even to players we love. 

We all want the best for them but accountability is also important. Seems important to the players and coaches too. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

They're not above criticism.

The officiating, IMHAO, was not very fair last night. We dominated play and were given a lot more penalties. A couple of those Wings’ players really should have gotten diving penalties. And even so our guys still won quite handily. And no complaining to the officials too. Loved it! 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The officiating, IMHAO, was not very fair last night. We dominated play and were given a lot more penalties. A couple of those Wings’ players really should have gotten diving penalties. And even so our guys still won quite handily. And no complaining to the officials too. Loved it! 

I kind of love that we just ignore the refs now like they don't exist. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I kind of love that we just ignore the refs now like they don't exist. 

At one point Tocchet shushed his bench because they were barking at the ref. Maybe it will make a difference one day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They're not above criticism. Yet some here defend them like they are.

100% agree.... I would say at the same time though that not all criticism is equal and/or fair. 

I do think if Myers was making 4 instead of 6 he might get cut a significant amount more slack! 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's the ridiculous need for a whipping boy.  Myers could have the best game ever and one rough shift and those who call him dogshit are let loose.  It's pathetic, they're pathetic

I wasn' t one that called him "dogshit" but if he played like a big man(i.e. Zadorov) or if he was consistant, like a veteran should, then I would be one supporting him too.The fact is, he doesn't play like that so I am not too concerned whether he stays or goes TBH. 

But, acting like he is a needed commodity makes absolutely no sense to me, he can be easily replaced, and probably by a lot cheaper and younger player too.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

100% agree.... I would say at the same time though that not all criticism is equal and/or fair. 

I do think if Myers was making 4 instead of 6 he might get cut a significant amount more slack! 

Not with me.

It isn't about the $$ for me...it's the dumb stuff. Like diving across the ice and becoming a speedbump and ineffective (he doesn't do that as much anymore). Or screening Demko and DeSmith rather than clearing guys out of our crease. Like reaching and allowing a guy to go around him rather than angling him to the corner using his body (not just his stick). I'd criticize no matter what the contract says. He's a big body and could be so much more effective.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I wasn' t one that called him "dogshit" but if he played like a big man(i.e. Zadorov) or if he was consistant, like a veteran should, then I would be one supporting him too.The fact is, he doesn't play like that so I am not too concerned whether he stays or goes TBH. 

But, acting like he is a needed commodity makes absolutely no sense to me, he can be easily replaced, and probably by a lot cheaper and younger player too.

The numbers, eye test and the coaches confidence simply doesn't back that up.  It's a ridiculous need to scapegoat someone and it's as pathetic as this Taylor swift conspiracy the nuts are feasting on.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

The numbers, eye test and the coaches confidence simply doesn't back that up.  It's a ridiculous need to scapegoat someone and it's as pathetic as this Taylor swift conspiracy the nuts are feasting on.

Well we are all just fans so really its just our opinions. Don't really care still, he can go and I won't miss him. :classic_biggrin:

Not scapegoating him at all,just don't care. 

I didn't care about Bo, or Baertchi, or any other ex player who didn't help us win. 

Don't care about Taylor Swift either. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 4

35 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I was generalizing, yrs, not you specifically

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

This year. Historically this is likely the best he's been defensively. 

The coaches are also pulling the best out of everyone. 

I see no reason to doubt that they could do the same with a cheaper ufa.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

This year. Historically this is likely the best he's been defensively. 

The coaches are also pulling the best out of everyone. 

I see no reason to doubt that they could do the same with a cheaper ufa.

He was only bad under a horrible coach, same as OEL.  Myers is a career + player

36 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not with me.

It isn't about the $$ for me...it's the dumb stuff. Like diving across the ice and becoming a speedbump and ineffective (he doesn't do that as much anymore). Or screening Demko and DeSmith rather than clearing guys out of our crease. Like reaching and allowing a guy to go around him rather than angling him to the corner using his body (not just his stick). I'd criticize no matter what the contract says. He's a big body and could be so much more effective.

He definitely has his moments. I’d argue the more structured system Tochet’s brought in has done worlds of good for Myers. 

again, doesn’t mean he can’t be criticized. I’m just thankful that we’re a fan base that always evaluates our players fairly and never make mountains out of molehills 😅

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

There’s a Taylor swift conspiracy? 

…do I even want to know? 

• chaos 1